1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

upload_2024-1-28_18-14-49.png
    Anyone else get a 1.5 gig update?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding RL drivers opinions on TC, I like what one certain German had to say when TCs were allowed in F1 in 2001.

"I am in favour of it," said Schumacher. "We can go faster with it and drive more extremely on the limit. You don’t have to take care of any power peaks of the engine. You don’t lose anything - I even would say that from my experiences that the difference to my team mate would get bigger.

"I have never taken time from any of my team mates from acceleration out of a corner. I see it like this: It gives us more freedom to drive a bit faster. And the ability to take the car permanently to the limit is what a makes a good driver. It will increase the whole level [of the grid], but at this new higher level, you will see the good drivers remaining the good ones."

He was ofcourse talking about 700+ hp monsters but I think same would apply to lower powered cars as well. Maybe in endurance classes TC makes less difference as drivers are not on the limit whole race duration (I didn't watch that LMP1 video, though).

And as Marc Collins implied, you have to know how to drive the car without TC and know how and when TC utilizes. Otherwise it just restricts your performance.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Yup - but cant find any notes.

4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

upload_2024-1-28_19-59-24.png

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

AMS2 V1.5.5.4 is now live - celebrating the end of another exciting Daytona 24h, the new update brings a new batch of AI improvements, the most critical being a more thorough solution to AI cars casually stepping out of track into grass / high curbs when looking around the car ahead, as well as several adjustments to improve their ability to handle lapped traffic.

Some further tire tread adjustments of the same nature from that of the previous version has now also been applied to other classes, while F-USA Gen1-3 cars got an external sound update using the same methodology of recent external sound sets.

Full V1.5.5.4 below:

V1.5.5.2->V1.5.5.4 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Added flag panel support for local yellow flags (local & full course lights now supported by all Grade 1 tracks)
    • MP logs will now rotate and maintain a history of 5 files
    • Fixed a rare CTD case that occurs when returning to the garage
    • Fixed bug leading to designated driver helmet livery and outfit not working for low downforce & oval variants of player vehicle
    • Shared Memory: Fixed mLaunchStage incorrectly declared as unsigned

UI & HUD
    • Adjusted HUD engine wear colour change thresholds to better match damage model
    • Added Performance screen option to enable/disable full screen pause on focus loss. (-doNotPauseOnFocusLoss switch remains available)
    • IFixed ICM Cycle Button not being able to be double bound like other ICM controls
    • Fixed ICM auto-close timeout not accounting for ICM Cycle inputs

PHYSICS
    • Minor tire tread adjustments for GT5, G40 Cup, F-USA (All gens). Mini JCW, F-3, F-Trainer Advanced F-Retro Gen2, F-Classic Gen3 soft compound
    • Adjusted tire wear rate for GT3 (both gens), GT Open
    • Adjustes tire wear rate for all wet compounds (correcting excessive wear issue suffered by most)
    • Adjusted FFB for F-Reiza, F-Ultimate (both gens)
    • F-USA 2023: Added AMDM model.

AI
    • Extended corridors which define the limit places AI cars can go by 1/3 of its car width to reduce chances of AI drivers stepping into grass or high curbs to a minimal
    • Fixed car control not returning to player from AI teammate when returning to garage
    • Adjusted speed differential thresholds to trigger overtaking & defensive moves
    • Further adjustments to distances from car ahead in which AI overtaking routines kick in
    • Further adjustments to how far ahead AI will factor lapped cars by
    • Adjusted AI brake usage for LMDh, F3 (both models), F-Trainer (both models) GT3 (both gens), GT Open
    • Daytona RC: Reduced speed boost at the bus stop chicanes causing AI to often overshoot the corner in racing conditions
    • F-USA Gen3: Adjusted Ai drivers performance levels (inc. AMDM failure ratios) & increased performance levels to 3
    • Adjusted Mclaren MP4/6 AI start performance
    • Disabled AI start wheelspin mistakes for cars with traction controlAI calibration pass for GT5 & G40 Cup, F-3, F-Trainer Advanced, GT5

AUDIO
    • Fixed lack of external sounds for viewed vehicle when it is very far from camera
    • Formula USA Gen1-3: updated external sounds

TRACKS
    • Added interactive flag panels / lights to Azure, Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park, Fontana Gateway Imola, Indianapolis, Laguna Seca, Long Beach, Nurburgring, Oulton Park, Road America, Silverstone, Spielberg, VIR, Watkins Glen
    • Added local yellow support for interactive flag panels
    • On oval tracks flag panels will now remain static green for the whole race unless there is a full course yellow
    • Added dedicated Safety Car pitbox to Laguna Seca, Road America, Spielberg
    • Cadwell Park: Fixed 3d marshals LOD range
    • Laguna Seca: Fixed LOD range for 3d marshals

VEHICLES
    • Added leader lights to BMW M8 GTE
    • Nissan R390 GT1: Corrected high and low downforce 3D models being swapped around
    • Mini Cooper 1965: Added fully bespoke Copa Classic version conforminig to appropriate rules & using adequately modern driver outfits
    • F-V10 Gen 1: Adjusted front suspension animations to correct front wheels appearing to lift slightly at higher loads from external cameras
    • Corvette C8R GTE: Added cockpit windscreen banners
    • Mclaren 720S GT3 EVO: Fixed cockpit bonnet mesh; Adjusted internal cockpit net vibrations; Added new cockpit lights
    • Reynard 2Ki (SS/SW): Corrected angle of front winglets
    • F-USA Gen3: Added Gil de Ferran (Jules de Fierro) tribute livery

• Winner Winner x 41
    • Like Like x 30
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. CatAstrophe05

First one is massive news! Other two are great too, the R390 in particular always bugged me a little, tribute livery is just sweet of you to add

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

8. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Kudos for this <3

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Adjusts tire wear rate for all wet compounds (correcting excessive wear issue suffered by most)

Thank you for this :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Daniel Duarte

Daniel Duarte New Member

Hey Renato will Cascais/Estoril receive the LED flag panel?
    They got installed recently in the mid of 2023

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

After watching Daytona like a maniac nothing like an update do finish the weekend.

• Like Like x 5
  12. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni Unless I happened to skip over it, the changelog is missing the revised dashboard for the 720S GT3 Evo. Don't want the hard work of @robillard3381 to go unnoticed. :D

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  13. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Problem with ACC is not the ABS per se. It is the fact that tires will allow to smash the brakes with ABS blinking like crazy all the way to the apex which defies the laws of physics. There is far too much capability to turn in while using still a truck load of longitudinal grip all the way to the apex. Check any onboard with pedals telemetry to see how much they release the brakes compared to ACC players keeping 70-80% almost to the apex.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. CatAstrophe05

Some testing later: the AI are a lot better for sure! Imola '88 used to be one of, if not the worst track for AI rallycrossing and with this update alongside the existing improvements from last update I only saw a wheel dipped on the grass a few times which is probably about realistic levels! Being able to drive the track with any form of grip after a few laps is a feeling I've really been missing

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

Sure, no doubt braking is almost like an on-off switch in ACC, I wasn't refering to that. Simply replied to the statement that in GT3 cars (IRL) TC and ABS is mainly used for wet track or other low grip conditions, suggesting to some degree that the default setting is 0, and I find this hard to believe. If it's true, that's very interesting and is something worth to be known.

16. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

Great stuff guys!!

Now.. Realistically how far off career mode could we be?:hurrayreiza::cool:

17. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just noticed that AMS2 is in my personal list of sims I played the most (main release and beta) on #2 since today. 994h all in all. On the top at 1,435h is rF2. Realistically I believe (if I continue the way I do since Nov - and I'm a strong believer in this case :D) to be there around May/June. :)

18. schematicdnb

schematicdnb New Member

200MB update is causing Steam to "patch" 47GB and then "install" 47GB too... Sitting in my rig waiting, I just wanted to go for a Sunday drive. Feels bad man.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 3
  20. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks mate, I last post I read on it said 2021 lol. Thank goodness for @EverlastingApex career mod and @Marcos Santos for the win mod. They have been an absolute blast to help me really see what ams2 is capable of achieving using its broad content.

• Like Like x 1