Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Mini Cooper JCW, Custom Race at Donington Park. The car starts with reverse and I cant change to any gear.

Edit: It happens in Snetterton 300 too. Same with Sprint Race.

Edit2: Okey... if I change with primary sequential (changing to a paddle shift wheel) the problem disapears, and now I can change gears with the secondary sequential shifter. So strange...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  2. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Correct :)
    upload_2024-2-3_17-45-44.png

3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

033 (3).jpg
    AMS2 v1.5.5.5 is now live - this is the final complementary update to this Le Mans dev cycle, wrapping up all art development of the track with the remaining trackside objects. It also wraps up all V1.5.X physics developments and introduces another batch of AI developments which should again bring another notable improvement in their ability to race each other as well as the player.

Save for some force majeure issue or a minor hotfix over the weekend this should be our last public update to AMS2 for at least a couple of months as we switch focus to new longer term developments.

026 (2).jpg

V1.5.5.5 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Implemented local blue flag for track flag panels in live play
    • Fixed safety car being loaded in events with flag rules disabled
    • Fixed FCY options being enabled when flag rules are disabled; Added warning to user if their flag rules setting change would introduce a scheduled FCY
    • Trackside vehicle beacon lights will now flick on when there is a full course yellow
    • Fixed issue with the 'Get closer to your lead' timer wouldn't work for the race leader during full course yellow; Display the remaining time allowed to catch the car ahead during full course yellow sooner
    • Fixed engine always being stopped during pit stops
    • Changed Max Visible Vehicles algorithm to use lap distance distance and weight towards other vehicles in the pits when viewed vehicle is in the pits and vice versa

UI & HUD
    • Added missing translations for Scheduled Full Course Yellow setting and correct hide it when disabled by rules setting
    • Added event preset for Endurance Brasil 2023

PHYSICS
    • Minor tire tread adjustments to Caddilac DPi, P1 (both gens), P2, P3, P4, GTE, GT3 (both gens), GT Open, Porsche Cup, F-Trainers (both), GT Classics, Copa Classics, Lancer Cup, F-Inter, F-Ultimate Gen1, Group A, Group C, BMW Procar, Stock Opala 1986, Stock Omega 1999, Caterhams (Supersport, Superlight & 620R), Hypercars, Supercars
    • Revised FFB for F-Ultimate (both gens), F-Reiza, P1 (both gens), P2, P3, P4, Stock Car Brasil 2019-2023, BMW M1 Procar, GT Classic, Group A, Aussie Racing Camaro
    • Minor aero adjustments to LD variants of Group C & GT1 cars (lower drag & slightly more drag lift leading to more accurate top speeds and overall performance)
    • Adjusted effects of drafting for both player and AI ( generally draft is more powerful than before)
    • Adjusted dirty air effects to compensate increased overall draft effects (overall still more perceptible turbulence than before)

AI

• Added track-specific logic to narrowing AI corridors
    • AI corridor narrowing is now disabled for AI immediately behind player & for AI going through lapped traffic
    • Adjusted dirty air effects to compensate increased overall draft effects (overall still more perceptible turbulence than before)
    • Reduced effect of water saturation on AI grip levels
    • Reduced AI simplified peak slip angles for all modern slicks
    • Slightly increased AI pull urgent out rate & speed thresholds while running off the ideal racing line
    • Revised all AI tires to reduce front / rear grip split (for cars with larger rear tires) to reduce high speed understeer issues & general AI advantages in traction (especially rain)
    • Further AI brake usage adjustments to LMDh, P1 (both gens), GTE, BMW Procar
    • AI calibration pass for BMW Procar, F-Trainers (both), GTE, Hypercars, P1 (both gens), P3, P4
    • Daytona: Disabled AI speed boost at the bus stop chicane which could occasionally contribute to AI losing control there
    • Barcelona 1991: Recalculated corridors (ahould fix AI drivers stopping on track when retiring)

TRACKS
    • Le Mans: Added seasonal meshes roadsigns; Adjusted arrow signs; general mapping/blending corrections; Added remaining buildings & TSOs; Adjusted static objects; Further LOD tuning; Further trackside camera adjustments
    • Added 3D trees to Monza (all versions)
    • Added track flag panels to Jerez & Cascais
    • Fontana: Reverted trackside cameras adjusted for Gil de Ferran tribute back to modern cameras
    008 (4).jpg

• Like Like x 34
    • Winner Winner x 16
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
  4. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

CTD in Test Day > Session settings, if that sounds familiar.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. TKracer

TKracer Member

Damn you guys are just pushing out changes all the time. This train don't stop

6. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Sorry fot this dumb question ,
    But when i see blue flags in "live play" it means online race ?

7. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe it means, not on the replays yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TKracer

TKracer Member

P3s are so much tighter, no longer can you powerslide them everywhere, more understeer too.

So much better!! Thanks Reiza

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I keep getting a ctd when trying to setup a custom championship. It seems to happen when I choose a circuit and then go to edit the session. Doesn’t seem to matter which car or track it is.
    This problem did not occur before the update

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. SunBro

SunBro Member

Sounds like a hotfix incoming maybe?

They pushed a beta build half an hour after they pushed the public build.

11. macbtz

macbtz Member

that happens to me too. I have validated 3 times

12. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Maybe it's related but I'm getting a crash to desktop when trying to open the Session Settings on the Test Day screen.

Tried it a bunch of times, restarted the game, restarted Steam, the PC, verified the integrity of the game files on Steam... no matter what car or track I have selected, clicking on Session Settings on the Test Day screen is always an immediate CTD for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aleph

Aleph New Member

You're not the only one. I myself am having this exact issue. Hoping for a hotfix asap.

14. macbtz

macbtz Member

It actually happens also on test day, however in a single race it seems to go well

15. R48

R48 New Member

I just tried it and I'm getting the same CTD.

16. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Hopefully resolved soon , I can’t check now as I’m away from my PC

17. brendanrfoley

brendanrfoley Member

Happy to see I'm not the only one experiencing this. I was VERY concerned I'd be an outlier and that fix would be more challenging.

My last Test Day session was in the wet, so my fingers are crossed for a fix ASAP.

18. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

The AI can really use draft now to pass me, having a race at Daytona street course and I have to really nail the bus stop exit to have some chance to defend myself before turn 1, I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I finished making a video on the current AI situation and will be posting a video with all of my findings thus far, draft behavior among them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Daniel Duarte

Daniel Duarte New Member

Big respect/thanks to Reiza to update the Cascais/Estoril track with the LED panels. I don't know if it was by my request after i saw the big list of all tracks receiving and asking or if it was already planned but its awesome seeing its being updated. Btw, the old ones got removed in real life but are still present in game.