Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

Hmmm i thought cycle ended with the last update Screenshot 2024-02-12 223454.png

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

You know Renato

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To me it feels like it has a bit excessive amount grip from downforce, even in medium speed corners for both front a rear. You can basically push it like crazy, still get it turn super easy (only in the slow corners it can feel slightly understeery at times). Even if you might get a bit of (4 way?) slide, it usually just grips up really fast again without need to worry about losing it. Not sure I perceive it as weird though, but over the top for sure.

I don't think the FUSA23 is that different though, it has more understeer tendency, but I think it feels like a bit supernaturally good as well with the amount of downforce and grip you seem to have.

I can't really say how close to reality it is, as my only reference is just watching F1 and from other games (where you tend to have the cars more punishing). Even if it's off, it could be again just some small thing that tips the balance towards this kind of behavior. I'm not sure how "off" it would feel for somebody who doesn't come to AMS2 from another sim/game.

Older open wheelers are interesting to drive for sure, you can't just push like crazy..

ps. these feelings are mostly based on default setups, I haven't adjusted the setup of these cars in a while.

4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The F-Ultimate G2 is really odd in how quick it is compared to the G1. I wonder if it produces too much DF from its floor

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

A fair question.
    Why are we forced to use socalled Low Downforce setups on some tracks?
    I mean in as example RL F1 the stewards does not restrict the teams to use lower wings and stuff because the track is considered high speed.
    If the teams consider higher wings is an advantage then they are ofcourse allowed to use it.
    Is it because the Madness engine cannot cope if people are allowed to use the whole spectrum from high to low downforce on the same track?

ByTheWay: It feels artificial in a game which is considered a sim. By some :p

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think what they have done is better than the Pcars approach where half the AI would use low downforce and half would use normal.

This way is at least a level playing field for all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. JensE1976

JensE1976 New Member

Hello..is the Rain AI Problem fixed? When it Starts to Rain AI can drive like it is still dry.This is what keeps me away from AMS 2 at the Moment.Thank you

8. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

Yes, in theory no rules will be broken if a F1 team brings a Monaco spec rear wing to Monza, but the reality of it is, that they don't. So bringing a monza wing to monaco seems little bit artificial in a game which is considered a sim. By some ;)

Also, it is not just the setup, the parts are often times entirely different for low downforce track. The same holds true for other series, like WEC.

This is the benefit of having separate class as we get the model difference in-game. So some cars do have i.e. different rear wing model for low downforce specs, as they have IRL. You also have appropriate rear wing range, for that particular rear wing, and not some weird, non realistic, one rear wing that has 20+clicks and goes from low-low-downforce LeMans spec to Monaco spec...

And no, it is not an engine limitation, because afaik some classes don't have model difference, and the only real difference is different default setup (but all the ranges in setup screen are the same), which is also beneficial for players, as they have a more usable base. Some of us really enjoy the racing part of racing simulator more than trying to tinker with setups.

The only real downside currently is, that you're forced to use the 'low downforce' class, and I hope that doesn't get changed atm, because the last thing the UI needs ATM is doubling of some classes. Also there should always be an 'auto' option, because I really don't want to think if the track is low-downforce spec track or not.

AMS 2 is not the only sims that have thins kind of functionality... While not handled as different class, in RF2 you also can choose aero package for a track, and it basically has the same effect as in AMS 2. Different car, different aero performance.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

As a developer myself there are reasons why it's just not released. It could be anything from issues we don't even know about or the fact that they want to release things in a consistently manner with a quality control they have set to live up too.

But personally if it's possible for them I really believe in the option of opting in. That way you are not forcing anyone into a possible broken system.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mhad

I can't find it now, but Renato said the reason they didn't release it was because it wasn't stable for everyone.

I can't see them releasing an opt-in style because you end up with a split player base that feels unfair. Some people can play with more and others can't. If you want to opt-in to something unstable use the mod/instructions that are going around.

There are enough beta members to test any stability fixes they add without having to use the full game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

I don't really understand the split userbase argument. DLCs, paid features split userbase, literally.

With that logic VR splits userbases because not everyone has one. Or high fidelity graphics, not everyone can use the highest settings, its more a privilege. So how is that different from your configuration would not handle 60 players but mine could?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Mhad

I guess you could look at it like that. The difference is all of those things are solvable; buy the DLC, buy a VR headset etc. where the issue is a bit more luck of the drawer. It's different but maybe not that much.

13. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I doubt any developer would intentionally release functionality that they know will not work and likely crash the game just so that some user can try to figure out what might cause crashes.. It definitely wasn't stable when it was tried in beta earlier. I would expect Reiza to come back to this feature at some point and try to make it work (maybe they know some problems, but know that those aren't as easy to fix as people think). It's significant enough for endurance racing to put some effort for it for sure and if it works with some cheat engine (at least to some degree), there is definitely hope to get it in future.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I ran a 2hr race to simulate a 24hr race on the Nordschleife combining the gp track using GT3 gen1 and 2 and a handful of Porsche Cup cars which is what I was in.
    What an experience it was , Firstly I have the game looking nothing short than breathtaking at times , The concentration required during the hours of darkness to let the GT3 machinery through safely and to keep up a good pace was truly draining.
    When the sun started to rise up I was breathing a sigh of relief as I knew that I was on the home straight.
    Some 1hr 40 in though the unimaginable nearly happened when coming through the Stefan Bellof S I came across a stricken GT3 AMG with zero prior warning that had had a major off , I bounced across the grass somehow missing everything and past it.
    “Holy Fu## that was not cool” are the words that came out :D.

So an amazing experience in the Cup car , Just wish some local yellows could be implemented as that would have been race over.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Not quite done yet: a couple of errors with the new dynamic AI corridor function slipped out with v1.5.5.5 making useable roads by the AI a little tighter and thus overtaking by them a little harder than it should be - rectifying that along with some other improvements to AI, physics, FFB and more have called for another update with v1.5.5.6 now available initially as a Release Candidate only.

To install v1.5.5.6, right-click Automobilista 2 on your Steam Library, go into Properties -> Beta tab, and select the “ReleaseCandidate” branch for the dropdown menu.

Save for any unforeseen issue, the build should be deployed to the default branch within another day or two.

V1.5.5.6 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Added increase pit status weighting of max visible vehicles selection
    • Turned off start lights when there is a full course yellow
    • Fixed crash when accessing rules screen directly from MP lobby (already hotfixed for main release)

PHYSICS
    • Minor tire tread adjustments for F-Retro Gen3, Lancer Cup, Copa Classics, Copa Uno
    • Further minor tire tread adjustments to GT3 (both gens), GTE, GT4, GT5, GT Open, G55 Supercup, G40 Cup, Mini JCW UK, Sprint Race, StockV8 (all seasons), Super V8, Caterham Superlight & Supersport
    • Further adjustments to drafting effects (reducing shape of the wake generated by the car in front so car behind needs to be more squarely behind it to get the draft & dirty air effects)
    • Revised FFB for F-Junior, F-HiTech (both gens), F-V12, F-V10 (both gens), Caterhams (all models), Street Hyper, Street Super, Street Camaro SS

AI
    • Adjusted AI corridors for several tracks & corrected V1.5.5.5 error causing many of the corridors to be narrower than intended
    • Further adjustments to AI tire wear & resulting performance degradation
    • Generally increased AI loss of performance from running slicks on a wet track
    • Further adjustments to AI overtaking thresholds
    • Adjusted thresholds for AI to concede position when challenged
    • Further adjustments to AI pull out rate for more fluid overtaking moves
    • Further adjustments to AI brake usage for GTE, GT3, LMDh, P1 (both gens), F-Classic (all gens), F-HiTech (both gens)
    • Adjusted AI launch performance for Brabham BT52, F-Classic Gen1 Model2, Mclaren MP4/5B, MP4/7 & further adjusted MP4/6
    • Removed / reduced AI speed boosters at Bathurst 2020, Buenos Aires 6S, Nurburgring GP, Silverstone GP
    • Hockenheim 1988: Fixed a problem with retired opponent vehicles or debris unable to return to the garage, becoming stuck on the track.
    • Interlagos (all layouts) added minor AI corridor fraction adjustment
    • Further AI calibration pass for F-USA Speedway variants (all gens)
    • AI calibration pass for F-Junior, F-Ultimate Gen2, Copa Classic FL, GT5, Ginetta G40 Cup

TRACKS
    • Hockenheim 1977: Fixed garage dividers hidden in some session; Reversed the pit box order
    • Hockenheim 1988: Fixed duplicate crowds in race weekend
    • Kansai: Minor adjustments to Digital flag placement

VEHICLES

• Corrected height offset in several Copa Classic models setting them higher than they should
    • Porsche 911 RSR 74: updated tach values
    • McLaren Senna: Fixed missing glass roof issue
    • Cadillac DPi: Fixed missing cockpit details issue

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a correction:
    Monza, back in 2010, for example McLaren had two car settings.
    One with high downforce, one with low downforce.
    Some others also had high downforce at Monza.
    The reason: With the unlimited use of DRS (manual activated with left hand pressing it on a hole or something, don't know) airflow was stalled and therfore drag reduced on straights. In corners they had max. downforce.
    Monza 2010
    upload_2024-2-13_12-18-53.jpeg

In 1997 and before on tracks like Montreal, Spa and others, teams used different aero packages. Some used low, other medium downforce.
    Montreal 1997
    upload_2024-2-13_12-24-31.jpeg

Spa 1996
    upload_2024-2-13_12-30-38.jpeg

It was always very intersting which team uses which aero config.
    So, having the option to choose downforce package wouldn't be bad.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

a) Typically teams don´t transport redundant aero kits / parts to tracks where they most likely won´t be of use (exceptions confirm the standard).

b) There is little chance a higher downforce config variant would be faster in any of the tracks currently assigned for the LD variant.

c) There is such a thing as too many options, not least as they all bring more ramifications and overhead than may appear on the surface :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

Hi @Renato Simioni .
    Do you have any plans to work on the controller rumble and vibration in the future ?
    Since one of the last updates the automatic upshift vibration has disappeared .
    Also vibration over kerbs and rumble strips seems to be hit and miss at the moment.

I know these are not on the high priority list to be fixed, but it would be nice to have a look at them for us controller users.

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Would it be possible to have some additional info about the first update item?

upload_2024-2-13_13-20-45.png

My understanding is that the max visible algorithm now takes into consideration (and excludes for example) vehicles pitting while we are flying-by on the straight, in order to erase the chance of pop-out pop-in of vehicles in front whilst on the start stright.
    Is this correct?

20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

There was no DRS in 2010, F1 started using DRS in 2011. You're probably referring to the f-duct thing.

• Agree Agree x 2