1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Orakel

Orakel New Member

cant find the New DLC´s at Steam ...... where to find and when ?

2. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

They are free for everyone right now, Reiza will put up the DLC pages sometime later this week I think.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Orakel

Orakel New Member

ah ok thx, try and buy..... nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Shark

Shark New Member

Appreciated! Going to dive into tinkering with the LMDh setups today and always appreciate other drivers' preferences for comparisons and ideas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Congratulations Reiza on a great update :) I even like the GT3 Gen2 now. What a huge difference to the GT3 Gen1 and Porsche Cup that I personally still don't like. A completely different driving experience with GEN2 driven without TC and without ABS. I'm not a fan of the GT3 class, but these GT3 GEN2s are the best I've ever driven in simulation and are exactly what I want from a GT3 car

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh boy, is it happening in multiclass races only? Tell me yes, please.

I've not had the opportunity to play AMS2 since before the big AI update, saw dozens of videos of people praising it left and right and was eager to give it a go whenever I could, but this overtaking issue that has plagued the game since day zero is game breaking to me :/

Unbelievable if it is still happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I meant if one car out of XX in a certain class doesn't qualify, do they still get put on the grid? At the end of their class? At the end, end? Start from pit lane? Disqualified?

8. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Again a big bang at New Year
    :hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. Marc Collins

You are saying the opposite of the OP. He said the AI are slower in Q...perhaps because of fuel levels.

Which is it?!?!

In the traditional system, Q should be fastest (obviously, with low fuel and maximum attack), followed by P (no pressure to sustain performance lap after lap, but sometimes testing higher fuel loads), with R being the slowest. The way the game achieves this may not be so straightforward, though, and now we have track rubbering and track temps that can affect performance as much as fuel load...so very complex.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Hotfix live now for some new content updates - no change in version number as exes remain the same. Build 2490 changelog:
    • LMDh: Minor diffuser baseline lift adjustment (all models); AI calibration pass
    • GT3 Gen2 (all models): Set the LD default final drive to the longer option
    • LeMans 24h / Bugatti : Added missing crowds on garage grandstand; Further LOD and performance tuning; AI line redone for 24h layout (faster, smoother & less late braking)
    • Porsche 963: Adjusted driver animations

• Like Like x 39
    • Winner Winner x 22
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Stay eager to give a go. I’ve not had this experience and would be more on praising AI side. Bugatti - Multiclass is easy test, AI line opportunities ….sure.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Been putting the new championships to the test (entering Round 3 of the G2 Vintage one currently, second to Totally Not Chris Amon) and it's really cemented to me how much of a cohesive package AMS2 has become now that the AI's in check again

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

What an update, and I haven't even touched the hypercars, becasue I just cannot get enough of the Porsche 992. That thing is insane, I love it.

The way you can just throw it into the Porsche curves is just sublime. Reiza have done something that I think that is very hard to do in a sim... to make a car feel very stable, while not feeling like on rails. I can feel the car working under me, and I still need to do small correction, but the car sticks, and I don't feel like I'm overdriving it, or be in danger of crashing out.

And this is great, I hate how in some sims I get the impression that my daily driver Mazda 3 can be driven more aggressively than a half-milion purpose build race car on modern slick tyres.
    But not in AMS 2, this thing rips! Love every corner with it :)

What a high to end the year on. Freaking excellent job Reiza, and not just with this update, but with whole AMS 2 development. :)

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good to know. But doesn't work in MP

15. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Minor thing but worth fixing imo: on the car/track select screen there isn't a blue star on the Le Mans layouts and on the new GT3 & LMDh cars indicating that they're paid DLC.

16. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the star appears when the free period is over

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I’ll give you this much: you are a persistent fellow. If—in anyone’s estimation—a sim has suffered from “game-breaking” issues since “day zero” then why bother posting about it over 1,800 times during the past four years?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

20240101141701_1.jpg
    Le Mans turn 8, no need to stay within the white lines

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Marc Collins

What are the official line rules for the 24h race? Sure doesn't seem like they are anything close to F1-style from what I see. The track has natural punishments for going off the track, the same as for 99% of tracks and series in the world (except F1). Thank goodness we can turn off or adjust the number of track cuts allowed in the game to replicate the majority of racing past and present.

20. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll provide something soon.