Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

The situation was basically the same in 1992. I believe they actually used lava rocks (or something else unusual) for the gravel traps, hence the darker tone.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

:D

1983 Very good! chaps. Q for a singalong.
    for those that missed it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now that so much progress has been made by identifying the issue with tyres and the big update is done, I'm fairly optimistic that improvements on that front are on the horizon.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Sweet dreams are made of ... CHEESE!!!

:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 8
  5. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

Thought i was getting paranoid.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would also add that the "minor netcode improvement" from the last changelog doesn't look too minor for me. It seems a pretty visible improvement in close quarters racing to me.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately, the multiplayer is really a big showstopper. It is always responsible for the big "but" in the reviews. The broadcast tools are also sorely missed. I'm realistic and say that we'll probably get more stability, but the framework will probably remain the same, unfortunately. I do not think that there will be a big expansion

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope they can get the disconnections sorted. Those seem like the biggest issue, and they're holding grid sizes back too. I did one V1.5 open lobby (with dedicated server I think?) where quali ended with roughly 20 drivers, but the moment the lights went green everyone except 4 or 5 people got disconnected. Some sort of a problem with the race start synchronization maybe?

Of course I'm still happy to see the netcode/prediction improvements.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Another thing that sometimes happens in MP:
    You do a qualification, everything is fine, but after switching to race, the wheels/pedals of some players do not react on any input anymore, just as if they were disconnected from PC and the car just stands on the grid, being a barrier for others.
    Had this issue a few times and also heard it from other players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hurts, but everything points out to this being true.

:(

11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

if you are not seeing improvements in multiplayer you have not been playing it - we just had a multi test in Beta with F-USAs at IMS, and the difference in quality vs 6 months ago is night and day.

Which doesn´t mean the overall is dandy, that there aren´t further improvements needed and issues still to fix, and I think we´ve been very clear that further structural changes are going to demand more time than the span of a few months, but acting as though it´s been all talk and no action is lacking a bit of perspective. Maybe spend more time in-game, less in forum ;)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
    • Like x 20
    • Funny x 7
    • Agree x 4
    • Optimistic x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
  12. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I missed the appointment, I hope to meet later and also give my contribution to the improvement of the MP.
    I think it's also quite a challenge to be able to compare MP across multiple clients on different continents.
    Speed up the MP, and people will come here:).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Multiplayer has definately improved! Since 1.5 the auto advance session is working nicely, sometimes it does hang for a bit but with a little patience it resolves and moves to next session. Unfortunately, folks on public servers tend to get a little impatient and wont wait one minute for it to advance, or take into account someone may have gone away from their PC (for whatever reason) and left a car out on the track, which probably confuses the sytem (just guessing). No-ones fault, folks may be in a hurry. But on my Streams my subscribers know this and are happy to wait for a minute if it does hang. Its not like i've not experienced same thing on FR2 servers before for example.

However, just to let you know, last time a ran a server (this was 1.5.0.1 (i think), We did experience and old bug returning, and that would be the loss of ABS and TC control, wether set in garage or onboard on track. Think this happenes when switching from non Electronic Aids cars to Cars with Electronic Aids between session. Not sure if you guys were aware of this?

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, i dont think i mentioned that there hasnt been any updates, just that i would be surprised if there will be any major updates this year...oh and I like being surprised :whistle:

so far i've played AMS2 almost 1300 hours, of which 95% was in multiplayer/league races, not sure if that qualifies as enough for you but...it does in my book...;)

not everyone has the possibility to play AMS2 all day or have a dedicated rig/room, and spending time on the forum is a good way to keep in touch with whats going on regarding ams2, and also to try and help out others who have issues or questions.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Everyone here sees the work of Reiza and sees how the NP runs more stable, it is just many wonder if AMS2 will go out of this pCARS2 structure and expand the MP area in a form that will make it suitable for league. That this takes time is clear, the question is will Reiza also take this journey, is there already something planned?

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

exactly right, especially now since the 1.5 update you see the player count has increased, also online, however running a dedi server and have more then 28 people on there during qually and only 5 or less at the start of the race because they all got disconnected is annoying to say it mildly, having lower playercount on a server never has been an issue for me tbh.

Also the bug where the player car floats a little bit above the ground as if it was still jacked up after a pitstop seems to happen more, at least we had it in several races with the formula Junior, and i'm thinking ahead as we have a 2023 edition of the community cup coming up, which will be broadcasted live, and things like that are bad advertisement to say the least.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It depends a lot on the quality of the connections of the participants. A couple of bad apples and the system gets bogged down a lot

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

According to your interview your testing is with people in the same proximity and won’t know until the 1.5 was released. So you’re saying you’ve tested from a broad range ?

19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK the beta is full with people from all over the place

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I’m just going by this

..Multiplayer Improvements

"We have had some progress with multiplayer elements. We do regular multiplayer tests, but they are always in a controlled environment, with mostly the same people and on a server we know is reliable, so they tend to be better than what they average experience can be for other users. So we will not know how much of an impact they have until the update is out.

• Agree Agree x 2