Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

No,it was not, I was mearly stating that the feature was a big plus for AMS2. It may be repeated in the future, although I suspect this is unlikely. Without being able to try new DLC it simply makes choosing what content I choose to buy for each sim more difficult. At the moment I am unsure of the adrenaline pack, because few sims have done RX well in the past, had it been free to try, I may have thought it was worth it, then again I may not have liked it..

Whether giving access to DLC for a limited time equals more sales of that DLC i do not know, only Reiza have that information. Reiza should do whatever makes the most business sense, they deserve to be successful.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

Love it!! and very happy!! thanks Reiza!! you're doing the best sim guys...
    I have a little issue, my g29 now doesn't have good information, before 1.5 it was working fine, I delete the savegame folder and reconfigure all again but it keep empty... FFB works because G29 keep hard to take corners etc, but when I drive over kerbs, grave, grass, etc it doesn't feel anything.
    Keep testing thanks again!!

3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I've been spoiled by league racing, public lobbies are just too crashy for me worth it only for a short race and a laugh... Nothing to take seriously...

Some people need to take a piss after a qualy session... Hence I'd rather have the option to let the host press continue when the grid is ready...

The bug is different to auto advancing... If it's stuck on auto advance now that's almost as big of an issue as the bug itself... As there's no warm up session to get yourself sorted in after a long qualy session where the last few minutes really matter for a good grid position...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Turtlewax

Turtlewax Not So New Member

I noticed that all the RX cars seem to have the exact same specs except for a difference in their wheelbases. I assume that's an oversight, but I could be completely wrong. Either way, thank you for all of the hard work in delivering this massive update and continuing making AMS2 the best sim on the market!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for me, something has happened to the Default+ FFB. I can't tune it in at all. In the previous release with the F-Junior, it felt fantastic!!. I could feel all the nuances of grip, undulations etc. It was brilliant. Now , no matter what I try it just feels numb with some self centering force. All of the nuances are gone.

Has anyone who liked the previous Default+ FFB found a stark change in the feeling with this release and if so, how did you re-tune it? Its not like there are loads of parameters to tune exactly , but so far, no amount of changing FX, Low Force etc brings back the wonderful feeling of the previous F-Junior.

I'm kind of surprised there is so much difference being as the F-Junior already had 1.5 physics in the last release.

Edit: I seem to have lost the ability to feel what the rear is doing completely, no grip indication or weight transfer. No order of Low Force boost, FX, Damping seems to return it to where it was. Any suggestions for Default+ FFB tuning appreciated. Default+ now feels identical to Default.. Lost all communication with the rear end, only the front end is answering the phone.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Anyone else have a black screen as soon as they click their mouse?

If so did you manage to fix it and how?

EDIT: After 11 attempts and 2 PC restarts it just started working after a 3rd PC restart on the 12th, I have no idea what was the cause, effect or cure... But if it happens to anyone else just keep trying I guess...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
  7. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Dirt racing is amazing, especially with...er... Indycars :confused:. Best thing in the game so far. It's Sega Wreckfest Rally, for grownups! I've wanted something like this for a looong time. I'm genuinely surprised at just how well done it is. It'll be a huge hit, no question.

1.5 in general...It hasn't blown my mind I'm afraid. I'm going to need a good few test days with it to see exactly what's going on. It seems a bit variable so far. It's certainly an improvement, to be sure, but just not the sort of step-change transformation that ACC delivered with its big 2023 patch earlier in the year. Early days though.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Game is crashing for me as soon as I go into the 'performance settings'. Wasn't doing this before.

9. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

It's the little things that make me smile :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. I__Love__Lamp__x

I__Love__Lamp__x Fanatec DD Pro|F1 Wheel|CSL Elite LC|Playseat F1 AMS2 Club Member

Can we make the HALO transparent for F-Ultimate Gen 1 & 2 cars with this V1.5 update? I searched all the settings and couldn’t find it anywhere. If it’s here I'm blind.

11. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

stolen from a reply in the beta threads posted by @Dylan Hale (and confirmed by @CrimsonEminence )

"Performance wise they have about the same power and weight. But there was a massive shift from lower downforce cars to super high downforce cars with DRS.

Both the Metalmoro and the Sigma have sprouted larger and taller rear wings, and more developed floor plan to get the air to said wing. The wing also has DRS, so the laptimes are very similar to the Gen 1 cars, but all made in a different way.

The Genetta is mostly unchanged, but thats okay since its basically a LMP3 car with all the homologation stuff taken off and extra downforce."

With Crimson adding the note "DRS is also at the front for the non Ginetta cars and front tires are more wide."

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm glad you are enjoying my liveries :)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes we need the extra time for league racing for sure, the option to set the timer would be nice if it is indeed fixed to automatic.
    We host a DED and I have the server up 24/7 but when I join as host I don't see anything new to advance the sessions so it must be internal.. we are yet to do a full race so needs more testing we will find out soon enough lol ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Darko Jovanoski

Darko Jovanoski Member

Guys it is RC or officially available? Thanks

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Official.

• Like Like x 1
  16. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And some want to have a look on the laptimes and sector times. So I hope it's optional.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. dst

dst New Member

All saved setups are gone? Can I revert back to the old version? Not really feeling like re-doing all the setups I had saved from dead scratch.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are so many differences made to core values of the car (see the physics dev update) that your old setups would be broken on the new version anyway.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

I've only had the game for less than a week so I didn't have a lot of experience with 1.4. My first day with the game I ran the Porsche 911 RSR GTE at Kyalami. So I went back tonight and ran the same car at the same track to have a comparison. With 1.5 the car feels much more planted. Also it feels better on turns. I seem to have a better idea that it is actually going to go where I want it to.

If this is what I've got to look forward to, I will be very happy with this game.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. dst

dst New Member

You got that right. Just turned laps at a known track I've been pretty quick at using settings I had saved outside the game and now .... nowhere. Car feels like garbage.

Starting that process completely over, kinda sucks after putting a ton of time and effort into it.