Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Maxellero

Maxellero Member

This is from a practice livestream, you can clearly hear another engine sound appearing from nowhere

At 22:46 you can hear another engine sound.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  2. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Member AMS2 Club Member

Another symptom. The game starts after the Reiza introduction, on the main menu, with Stock Cars selected as series. If I leave at that, it doesnt crash. As soon I choose to test, race or whatever, it crashes. If I try go to multiplayer or game options, it crashes. In other words. As soon I jump from the initial menu option with the Stock Cars selected to anything else, the game crash straight to desktop.
    Same thing when I try to creat a new profile. As soon I create the name, the difficult level flashes very briefly, and the game crashes.

And again, my logitech profiler launches automatically with the game, and the Steam only recognize that the game is properly closed when I close down the profiler after the crash.

3. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

@Maxellero @dctoe
    Will watched at least half of that video, well can't really tell yet what is going on.
    At roughly 42.00 guy talking says "we still have some ghost cars on server". Server wasn't restarted? I see when you moved to next track guy says "Still invisible cars".

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We always restart the server a few hours before a league race, didnt restart at the moment of these issues tho since some guys prefered to move the race to next week. Seeing the lobby issues I just prefered to do that too.
    The race is canceled at the 34 minutes mark, what happened later I dont know, didn't check the ghost cars report, I was already out.
    Could be our server as well, once a year we have issues and no restarts will solve it (one of the reasons I didn't try). That's why I was looking for other people that had same issues reporting here :)
    We never had this sound issue tho, mass dc and lags yes, crazy sounds from other cars never.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  5. dbr93

dbr93 New Member

We call the cars 'ghost cars' and 'invisibles cars' because we hear stranges sounds without any car close at us

Go at 22.46 you can hear it very well

6. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Member AMS2 Club Member

Im starting to think that maybe the Logitech stuff may have something to do with it.
    I tried to remove 2 files called LogitechWingManFF from the Controllers folder, and start the game.
    Still crash the same way, and the 2 files are created again.
    As I said before, the profiler is lanching automatically with the game, something that never happened.
    Also, most of the Logitech files inside the Controllers folder, have recent dates of modification, like it changes everytime I start the game.

Really frustranting. Dying to give the new track a go, and cant.

7. mykill

mykill New Member AMS2 Club Member

I refer to the flickering fixes that have been done for various tracks in ver 1.4.7.. Great job Reiza!! Thanks!
    As these tracks have been addressed, I am hoping one more track can be fixed too. I don't know if this is already known as a bug:
    Track & Layout Used: Imola 1972
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Flickering on overhead bridge
    Steps to reproduce:

8. Toncho32

Toncho32 New Member

No,not root adm. i just have installed the game in D: as my C drive is full (I did the same with several games without issues). Strange is the installation created two folders: one inside the steam folder (common, apps,..) and a second one directly in D under the name Automobilista with the user profile.

9. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The second folder is supposed to be in your My Documents folder. The game will be crashing because it can not write to this folder most likely.

How do you have your My Documents setup?

10. Toncho32

Toncho32 New Member

My documents is in D:, shall I copy The second folder in there??

11. Alex Sawczuk

What is the full path to my docs? Moving it won't be much use as the game has got confused for some reason.

12. Toncho32

Toncho32 New Member

My PC/Data(D:)/MyDocs (this is not my documents in C:)
    The user data path is My PC/Data(D:)/Automobilista/
    The game is D/AMS/Steamapps/common/Automobilista

13. Alex Sawczuk

So if you right click on documents in windows, and on location, on this page it says:
    Code:
    D:\MyDocs\
    ?
    upload_2017-9-4_20-5-7.png

I have mine setup similar with out issues as you can see... Is there some other info about your PC that might be strange which would be confusing it.

If you fire up the config app, it should point there like this:

upload_2017-9-4_20-7-33.png

Could you provide similar images to make sure we're clear?

14. Toncho32

Toncho32 New Member

As requested

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Alex Sawczuk

Erm, sorry but those images are not loading for me.

16. Toncho32

Toncho32 New Member

IMG_2639.PNG IMG_2640.PNG IMG_2641.PNG IMG_2642.PNG

17. Alex Sawczuk

Best take this to PM :)

18. Marcos

Marcos Member

I want know because I can't play vs AI clean.
    In 95% when I go to pass and we are in parallel, he crash me, in safety car they pass me and crash me but I can't go more fast because the game penalisation me.
    I don't understand.. I can't play vs AI. Always he crash me

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lorincz Janos

Lorincz Janos New Member AMS2 Club Member

Dear Marcos, I think your question must be go separate thread about the AI. AI is changed a lot in the last weeks.
    Automobilista is a hardcore simracing game, so the AI is hardcore too ;) The overtaking not so easy than in an arcade game and it can be frustrating some times.
    If you want fair rolling start, than skip the formation lap, otherwise they are escaping before green flag (this is a bug, I think).
    In the recent 1.4.47r version the AI is not that bad. They are fighting, they are competitive with each other, and some times they are blind and dumb :) This happens in online races too.
    There is the way, I am practising overtaking:
    Set the AI level so, that you 1-2 sec faster in practice then the AI. Set aggression to med, track to med or heavy rubber. Choose an easy to drive car, with lot of grip like the MCR Sport 2000 or a Caterham Superlight Sequential. If you do not have the Brit pack (it is a must have!;)) than download the URD Corvette, it is "sticky" like hell and it sounds like hell :D.
    Start a 5 lap race with 15 AI cars without practice and quali, start from the last place. You should be the first in the end of the race. Analyze your accidents in replay from top-down view and you will see, that not always the AI is the bad guy ;). Do not try to win the race in the first corner or the first lap. Be calm and smooth.
    Have fun with AMS, don't stress yourself!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Ai run off the track (to the grass) when try to lap another ai car so htey loose a lot of time there. also when they are lapping sometimes they stuck too long behind the lapped car. More details according Craigbowie: "i also found that when the AI overtake a lapped car they get very messy IE the faster car drives off the circuit to pass the slower car which does not slow down to let the faster car through. The slower lapped car tends to stay in the middle of the track. When the faster cars try to lap and drive off the circuit they generally spin out... this was happening no matter what level of aggression i was using.. i tried from lowest to highest settings"

Moreover when ai try to lap another ai but the overtake proccess has been failed the the lapped car reovertake the leader then the lapped car ignore further blue flag and fighting with the leader.

Steps to reproduce:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1