1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Spin

Spin Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Salvador (but possibly others)
    Car Used: F301 (possibly others, AI: F301 & F309)
    Applicable Settings: Single Race mode (possibly others), Time Scale 3x
    Report: Time Scale in game settings (on the right side of car select screen) is set to 3x but the red "i" information icon once on track says Time Scale is "Normal." I don't know if this is just a glitch in the "i" information writing or if the session is truly running at only "Normal."
    Steps to reproduce: Choose F3 series. In the car-select screen, choose an F301, AI = 11x F301 & 10x F309, enable all 4 practice sessions + warmup, # of races = 1, time scale = 3x, track progression = none, track preset = Heavy, race length type = distance, race distance = 30 km, starting type = standing. Load the session then check the "i" info box and it'll say time scale = normal instead of 3x.

I agree with Marc. If you have damage disabled then the game's not going to monitor if you use disabled damage to your advantage to gain lap-time (like riding a wall or hitting curbs that would otherwise damage your suspension, wheels, etc. [when/if the physics engine ever models that]).

I guess when creating tracks, there may be a way to specify what a "wall" is and then the game can calculate when a car is wall-riding by sensing the distance the car has continual or almost continual contact with parts of the track designated "wall" but I'd say that's very low on the list of things to do...very low...because if you really want to race in an environment where drivers get penalized for crashing (wall-riding is crashing) then just enable damage and be done with it.

Now, if you do have damage enabled and you discover a scenario where the car does not suffer damage (or not enough) while wall-riding then the damage #s for that car or the core damage model itself would have to be looked at by Reiza but that's a different story.

Oh, wow! I didn't know damage could be disabled in time-trial mode. OK, I agree, that part definitely needs looking at. All aids, not just damage, should be hard-locked in time trial mode or at least make a system where A. the top x places can't use aids or B. the top x places will be written in red writing to show they used aids or C. add weight penalties for using aids (enough weight to make a decent difference, not something that will just add like 0.1s or 0.2s).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

Agree, and hope the hard-lock (or equivalent) is the case for AMS 2.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spin

Spin Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Salvador (but I don't think it matters)
    Car Used: F301 (but I don't think it matters)
    Applicable Settings: Anisotropic Filtering
    Report: Anisotropic Filtering from in-game simply doesn't work. If set from the Nvidia control panel then it works but not from in-game.
    Steps to reproduce: Keep Nvidia control panel's Anisotropic Filtering on "Application-Controlled". Set AMS' in-game Anisotropic Filtering to 8x.

P.S. Not a big deal as it works from the Nvidia control panel just fine but thought I'd report it anyways.

4. alink

alink New Member

Why do I always have a CTD because of 'Tire brand doesn't have compound index -1'?
    This time with Formula V12 at Hockenheim 2001
    Tire limit was set on 5, CTD came at the end of qualy session

Attached Files:

5. Marc Collins

Does the same issue occur when unlimited tires is chosen? If not, then you answered the question "why?" But Reiza will have to fix it.

6. alink

alink New Member

Tried with unlimited tires, there was no CTD at the end of qualy / race in Spielberg with Formula V10.
    In the trace file there is no entry with '...compound index -1'

• Like Like x 1
  7. Silvano

Silvano Active Member Reiza Backer

@Ivysaur
    I tryed Adelaide, rolling start (formation then spacebar) and grid start, everything was ok on my side.

8. Ivysaur

Ivysaur Active Member Reiza Backer

*SOLVED*

Track & Layout Used
    : Goiana
    Car Used: Toyoto Corolla 1 (Marcas)
    Applicable Settings: All the realistic stuff.
    Report: Mirrors are pointed forward and reversed
    Steps to reproduce: Load all the Marcas cars. All have bugged mirrors.

Kinda game-breaking cause mirrors are important. However, is there a way to fix it myself? :D

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  9. Silvano

I will look to that, funy i never realised they where inversed :whistle: If you have 3Dsimed you could probably do it yourself but would need to have some kind of guide cause its pretty complex.
    Another way is to get mirrors gmt from a similar car if mirrors are in about same position but this can be triky too, you must know the files hierarchy very well. I have done it after many hours of trying.

10. Silvano

@Ivysaur I tryied the toyota marcas @goiana and somer other reiza tracks and the mirrors are perfect, what should be left is left and same for right, the center is correct too.

11. Ivysaur

@Silvano Ooof.. No way! Time to verify my cache again, lol. Oh boy. Why is it always me :p Deleted Vehicles, uiData, Dynahud etc. Now I am verifying. Hope it solves it.

If not. I will try to fiddle a bit with the graphic settings, like mirror quality, self in rearview, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Member Reiza Backer

Clean install, clean new profile, verified data and a fresh start of the content, before modding the game could help, that AMS is running correctly again. Could be, that you have collected some hickups over time and all the various updates.

13. Ivysaur

I solved it!

It was set to 2 or so. Perhaps I did it when I was drunk or so. Had no issues with the Caterham, so it was hidden for months :p

Sometimes I am amazed by my past self @CrimsonEminence @Marc Collins

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Ivysaur

Not a real bug, but I've start and ignition toggled manual and when racing a formation lap I've no time to start my car, so the ai bumps into me. I think if possible to give a lil more headroom to start the car and such when the car has to be manually started.

15. Marc Collins

If you don't by-pass the normal (slow) start, you will have time. Don't use formation unless you really want the experience of the entire formation ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. GTSpeedster

GTSpeedster FOV Geek Reiza Backer

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Boxer Cup
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Passenger side mirror geometry/texture mismapped. File at fault: BOXCUP_BODY_B.GMT (BoxerCupUpdate.mas and BoxerCup.mas).
    Steps to reproduce: Look at passenger side mirror cover

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020 at 12:40 AM