Automobilista EA bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

PLEASE READ THE OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING. Posts that don´t observe the requirements may be moved / removed.

Please concentrate your bug reports during Early Access stage of Automobilista on this thread. As builds are updated, old reports may be cleaned off the topic.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
    Car Used:
    Applicable Settings:
    Report:
    Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
    Car Used: Formula V12
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
    Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please refer to USER MANUAL present as a launch option from Steam If you need further assistance email support@reizastudios.com (please allow for up to 1 business day for a reply).

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Please avoid posting new threads for bug reports, it´s the easiest way to make sure your report gets lost in the shuffle (if not deleted altogether)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. Christo Nieuwoudt

Christo Nieuwoudt New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Johannesburg Historic
    Car Used: Formula V10 and all other cars too
    Applicable Settings: Using DynHud
    Report: The track map is broken, funny lines all over especially around the pits area.
    Steps to reproduce: Just take any car, select Johannesburg Historic track and drive, using DynHud. This is defective in offline and online.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Salvador
    Car Used: Any road car/tintop
    Applicable Settings:Any AI aggression/level
    Report:First small chicane- 99% ai cars put too much power when on two wheels and flip over.
    Steps to reproduce: Run qualy or race and watch the AI in tv mode or any cam.

4. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

This is not a bug. Cars now have Electronic Aids on setup menu. On the V10 Traction Control "Medium" and Auto "Upshifts" are the default.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Martin93

Martin93 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Everyone
    Car Used: Everyone
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: During safety car period then EVERY AI pits on the sametime, so both teammates and all. And that causes caos in the pitlane and everyone is crashing into eachother, so people who came in for a normalt tire change comes out again without front/back wing etc. And that totaly ruin races since then someone have to do 2pits and some gets held for along time in the pits.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive race, get safety car and watch the AI wreckfest in the pits...

6. Renato Simioni

In what track are you getting safety car, AFAIK theyre set to be very unlikely to come out in our tracks (precisely because we don´t intend to go to the lengths required to properly support this)? If this is a default track, the bug most likely is whatever the mayhem is being caused to provoke the safety car to come out in the first place.

7. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No biggie with this one, it's just something i noticed.

Track & Layout Used
    : Tykki 2
    Car Used: Lancer RX
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: The bird/-s fly through walls, ground
    Steps to reproduce: Drive around the track and see the birds sometimes fly at ground level and through walls, ground.

8. Martin93

Martin93 New Member

Its Interlagos I use mainly, but have tested in other tracks(all official from the game) and its the same there but is mainly Interlagos I use to test. And I have edited some files to increase the safety car chance so I haved edited the safety car chance but still all other is original from the game in how the AI is behaving, the safety car etc. So like that screenshot is from when a AI driver had a engine faillure and stoppend on the middle off the start-finish line and since its no run-off areas there and that brought out the safety car on lap 12. So on lap 13 or 14 everyone pitted behind the safety car and that happend. And did re-install the game, then tested with 100% original game, and then it was harder to get out the safety car. But when it came out, the result in the pit was the same.

So what you say is that the game have a safety car, but its not intended to be used?...

9. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: F-Extreme
    Report: "Indian Momentum" team drivers have "default" white helmet and white gloves, and the car doesn't have working lights and MoTeC.
    [​IMG]

10. Renato Simioni

The safety car is used - it does its things in rolling starts and may come out in very specific cases mid-race, but its not meant to come out often - hence the default values making it unlikely for it to come out (and even less likely that the AI will pit collectively during a SC period). While it would be nice to have it working for the scenarios you´re looking to simulate, the effort to code this functionality is very disproportional to the gameplay value added, effort that in our judgement can be better spent elsewhere.

11. Martin93

Martin93 New Member

Allright, maybe little off topic from bug report but is it possible to disable pit during safety car period? I mean for us to mod, not in a update by you guys. Since then we can use it normally but AI don't do pits during the safety car period and then avoid this problem.

And I remember this worked fine in Stock Car Extreme that is why I increased safety car chance and hoped it should work fine. But I understand that you guys have to priority etc so it's fine. I just hope it's possible to disable pit in safety car periods. But if not, then it will not ruin this great game ofc...

• Like Like x 1
  12. TDS

TDS ;-) AMS2 Club Member

Todays Latest EA Build
    Track & Layout Used
    :Any
    Car Used:Any
    Applicable Settings: pure 360, no hotkey mapped for ffb reset here.
    Report: FFB switches off randomly when switching sessions or when back and out of pit, have to esc again and go to pits for it to work again, when going from qualy to race that can be a disaster.
    Steps to reproduce: Happens at random times cannot reproduce consistently.

13. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

Car Used:any
    Applicable Settings: triple screen mode, multi view enabled
    Report: Dynhud trackmap and brake/throttle pedal overlay does not work with triple screens and multiview enabled

14. BSH

BSH New Member AMS2 Club Member

Similar to TDS
    Track & Layout Used
    : Modern Montreal
    Car Used: F309
    Applicable Settings: All aids off
    Report: Restarted race after a first corner incident at start of race, fully lost FFB. restarted race and FFB was back to normal.
    Steps to reproduce: have not been able to reproduce

15. TxOutlaw

TxOutlaw New Member

Track & Layout Used:All tracks(Guapore)
    Car Used:ALL(Super Trucks)
    Applicable Settings:G27 wheel w/stick. max graphics. no aids. customized controls
    Report:The force feedback settings( Pure 360hz/Pure 180hz/Pure + Effects 1 / Pure + Effects 2 / Pure + Effects 3) change to a different setting every time i close out of ths FFB options then return to them. i.e. if i pick Pure + Effects 3, then close the options, the re open them, it will say I am using Pure + Effects 2 or other..
    Steps to reproduce:Go to the options and under Force Feedback choose one option, close the options, now return to the options. you should see that it has changed.

16. Nathaniel Reese

Nathaniel Reese Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Montreal
    Car Used: V10
    Applicable Settings: default car/track settings
    Report: dirt picked up in quick replay is showing on tyres that was clean when quick replay was started
    Steps to reproduce: drive through grass, pick up dirt on tyres, wait till tyres get clean, run quick replay, wait till you get you tyres drity in replay, escape back to driving mode and your previously clean tyres are dirty. Should work the other way too .. get your tyres dirty, switch to replay and your tyres will have dirt picked up even in period before you picked up the dirt

17. Nathaniel Reese

Nathaniel Reese Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: V8 Supercar
    Applicable Settings: both auto or manual clutch, no aids
    Report: missing throttle cut off on upshifts causing hitting rev limiter and upsetting car
    Steps to reproduce: don`t lift when upshifting in V8 SuperCar

18. nsw

nsw New Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Honda Civic
    Applicable Settings: 5760x1080 resolution, Fov 30
    Report: Side mirrors view incorrect
    Steps to reproduce: N/A

19. s2173

s2173 New Member

Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: I'm not sure... gtx 550 ti, any drivers
    Report: Only opponent detail is used, even in player car. Player detail option does not appear to do anything.
    Steps to reproduce:Set opponent detail to low, player detail to max, load a track with some AI, go on track - player car has same low res textures. If I load a track without AI, my car has high res textures. The issue does not occur every single time, but quite often. It was also happening in SCE.

20. Jan Stange

Jan Stange New Member

Track & Layout Used: Campo Grande, Goiania and Velopark (so far)
    Car Used: V8 Stock Cars
    Applicable Settings: G25/all aids off/AI 110%/med aggression level
    Report: The AI is braking sometimes on the long straights during the race if they're close behind eachother. Basically they're a bit unbalanced, mean e.g. at Goiania they're weak in first sector but in the mid sector they're unstopable fast. Same as Campo Grande, first sector is pretty good, 2nd same but at third they're massive faster in the last few turns. Velopark, they were flying first half of the lap. Especially if you're tyres are dropping races with these unbalanced performances around a lap is very difficult. Further I've the suspicion that the AI don't use P2P.
    Steps to reproduce: Easily trying to race with a full grid and a random starting spot. To set more down the AI strenght turns for me to a less challenge and uncompetitive lap times.

Finally I've to mention that it would be better to adjust P2P settings like in real life. I think these waiting time isn't that realistic if I don't be wrong.

Stay tuned, Interlagos and Curitiba reports will follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.