Automobilista - May Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 13, 2016.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

So we reckon it´s about time we share some news on the latest & greatest about Automobilista development :)

We´re running a bit longer in Early Access than originally hoped for in our EA roadmap, but things are coming along nicely towards release. Here´s an update on our progress so far.

Next public update
    The beta is currently up to v0.9.29, and we´re just about to wrap v0.9.3 for testing. If all goes well this version should be deployed to Early Access over the next week. This build will feature a new track (VIR), a new series (Boxer Cup), plus a long list of fixes & improvements (the changelog for these latest updates is attatched at the bottom of this post).

Here are some screenies of the new content:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Content development

Things are generally fairly advanced for release on the content side of things - besides what´s already incoming with v0.9.3, we also have the Copa Montana, Speedland kart track, Mendig Gymkhana shaping up very nicely and should make it to release within the next few weeks. Below are some previews:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As defined in the original post, all the above content is free and designed to make it to the game in time for full release. They will be added along the course of may.

We have also began making progress with modelling of content to be released post-release (in the form of both free & premium DLCs) - @Alex Sawczuk , @ilka & the rest of the track team are hard at work with Brands Hatch, the first of 3 official british tracks to be released as premium paid DLCs (you can find more information about our plans for these DLCs here).

We are also started with the Formula Vintage (free), and the Ultima GTR, the latter to be our first premium DLC car release. Here are some early shots of the Ultima:
    Ultima_GTR_WIP.jpg
    Ultima_GTR_Cockpit_clarificaion_0001.jpg

The Ultima GTR is one of the high performance british kit cars in development to be released in DLC package, featuring both road & race variants. We are working on adding a couple of other great british cars to this package, which we hope to confirm soon.

Worth reminding everyone that you can get an advance taste of all the new content (including the Boxer & VIR now), participate in the dev process and secure all upcoming premium DLCs for Automobilista with a nice overall discount by acquiring our Membership packages.

Features & tools
    On the coding front, current efforts are concentrated developing the backend structure for our web portal & integration with the game, which we hope will significantly boost the community experience around Automobilista. @Luis Miguel, @Dave Stephenson & @Thiago Izequiel are working hard at it. Along with this, Luis is also developing the remaining features for our Time Trial mode.

The free AMS dedicated tool via Steam is now in beta and should be made available shortly - league runners interested in giving the beta a try feel free to contact me via PM for advanced access.

Work also continues in the remaining items listed in the original roadmap. We look forward to sharing more about them in our next development update.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 29
  2. TDS

TDS ;-) AMS2 Club Member

NOIIIICEEE! :)

3. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A couple more images on Reiza FB page. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. hex

hex Damage, Inc. AMS2 Club Member

I was hoping for the update last friday and today, but still I am nowhere near disappointed after such news :)

5. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Aaaaah aaaaaaah aaaaaaah!!!!
    Ginetta pleaseeee go for Ginettaaaa!!!
    Aaaaaaah!!!

Btw, very good work guys, I love you all!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's amazing!! Can you imagine it racing against porsches in a GT class?

7. Troy Barman

Troy Barman Member AMS2 Club Member

Montana looks great, kinda wish it was the newer chevy but still very nice to have.

Obviously the ultima isn't done yet but i was kinda hoping it would look a little more like this instead just the street version.

[​IMG]

Or better yet this but its quite the stretch

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. minuseven

minuseven New Member AMS2 Club Member

It says the DLC pack will include both the race and road variants.

Is it just me, or does the Ultima interior look all wrong once you look closely? Lots of details are all wrong compared to the provided picture of the real car's interior. Is it due to legal reasons? Also, Copa Montana looks fun, looking forward to driving it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

That shot is a WIP preview of the unfinished model. The Ultima is officially licensed, and will include the race variant as well.

• Like Like x 8
  10. minuseven

minuseven New Member AMS2 Club Member

Alright, cool! I barely know anything about the Ultima, so I wasn't sure whether the differences were intentional or not.

11. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Many will enjoy this as a side dish, I'm sure. :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Kevin Pheiffer

Kevin Pheiffer Owner of Shadowracingrsa

After reading the update logs, I was wondering why there isn't much news about sorting issues in multi-player. Game crashing when drivers join, HUD disappearing when someone joins server, players getting DC when session changes etc. A lot of my drivers have these issues and I fear it's putting some drivers off.
    Hope they get sorted, as this is a truly good game and we would like to race with it online until the next Reiza masterpiece is released.

13. DaVeX

Please not Unity!!!
    Go for UE4 or Cryengine...Unity has a lot of problema when used for racing games (not my words, I read it on a lot of indie devs forum)

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe it's easier for them to integrate isimotor into Unity than UE4. I wish they'd go for UE4 and Vulkan tho

15. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Caterham ginetta hhmmm. Noble tvr

16. DaVeX

I hope so, even if Cryengine is good too...hum...

17. rad

rad New Member

Thank you for changing those ugly rear wings on Boxers :D

18. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What was done there was for presentational purposes only.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A question just out of curiosity: why I can stream AMS fine with OBS like nothing else is happening, running very smooth, but if I try it in SCE I get like 30~40fps?

20. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato, i've sent you a Conversation (dunno if this is similar to the PM) about the free AMS dedicated tool.