Automobilista Time Trial Challenge - Season Completed!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Matty28

Matty28 Member

Guess who the admin is here. Reiza and the game. Which one of those has invalidated lap times yet? Neither. What does this tell you?

I don't like the winning at all costs mentality either, but we don't have a leg to stand on in complaining against it. There are rules which dictate how you compete. If you are within those rules then there is no problem and that is the end of the discussion. "I don't like" is nothing. If we don't want this to be acceptable we tell Reiza, we do not whinge at Matty28 and consider him to be "sick", and we get the rules changed. I do not listen to people telling me to deliberately lose in order to conform to their own rules.

It really is as simple as this:
    1) You can do this under the rules
    2) Some people think it shouldn't be acceptable under the rules (everyone)
    3) Some people understand that they haven't got a leg to stand on (me) and that people can do this if they want to and instead of whining about it, get on with it and use it too.
    4) Some people think they have a leg to stand on (the others), refuse to use it and then whine to the people who are using it.
    5) Reiza can choose to stop it in which case everyone will stop using it, until then it will continue.

@jose46lopez Post your lap please. I'm really interested to know how I can match your time on Londrina 2 but can't get anywhere near your time on Londrina 1. You sure you aren't using any other "tricks" are you?
    Also interesting that @KARTEK can be substantially slower than me in all 3 previous weeks but miles ahead of me this week even though I'm using his setup. Post your lap please. Both of you are miles faster than Turks, the one we probably all consider to be easily the best in the competition.
    No you aren't, since i wrote the above you've clearly used the "trick". More hypocrisy rears its ugly head. That is unless you have changed your mind and admit that it is currently within the rules and there is nothing wrong with doing it currently.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

Im sorry. I did 47'8 and now 47'3 as they like...:oops: Never use any trick on my hotlaps in karts, except today.

3. SkyE

SkyE New Member

He was first but when he saw that was legal he improved a second time

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. jose46lopez

Londrina 2 updated Matty...legal sector;)

5. Matty28

Matty28 Member

Nice, I believe 43.1 was your previous record going backwards? So what I want you to do for this TTOTW is show me a short clip of you going forwards across the line, or even a screenshot (hit F12 as you go across) and setting a time 47.400 or under.

6. jose46lopez

My previous time in Londrina2 its with old physics (43'3going forward)
    Now with:
    Build v1.3.7
    Karts: Revised tire model, adjusted weight distribution in all karts; Adjusted default steering lock. Adjusted AI performance

42'880

In Londrina1 my legal time its 47'850, 47'152 with "your tricks". I do not have to prove anything. All its legal no?...

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  7. Matty28

Matty28 Member

It's not difficult to just press F12 as you go across the line and post it here. Why won't you do it? It might simply be that I'm making huge mistakes in sector 2 without realising of course, but there's an interesting dynamic amongst the top 10 where some have .4xx and some have .7xx and virtually no one in between.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  8. EnibasFlow

EnibasFlow New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Reiza,

I have done all 3 Events and have been under the 107 mark for all 3, but I am only getting credit for 2. This is not correct.

9. Vaken

Vaken Member AMS2 Club Member

They're looking into it, EnibasFlow. Many people have the same problem.

About the flame in this thread... I can't find the message anymore, but I'm pretty sure I saw an official answer stating that they couldn't do anything about the issue while the competition was running.
    I personally hope that they will correct the problem and wipe the relevant boards afterwards.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  10. Kostis Vigos

Kostis Vigos Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How about invalidating this whole week and re-entering it again at the end after they fixed the problem? I know that Gran Turismo invalidates your lap if you go out and it also invalidates your NEXT lap if you go out somewhere at the last couple of corners. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna Active Member

For me anyone who uses tricks to go faster, whether allowed by the game or not, is not worth considering it. It's a terrible example for those who do a lot of effort to develop a decent setup, find the right trajectory, the ideal stakes and everything else. From these people, you have to keep distances always, for me they don't deserve respect, not now, not ever.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. SkyE

SkyE New Member

Totally agree but as you said when you make effort to make a decent lap and you see 5 persons above you who has use that trick, even if you dont want, its necessary to do it. But if everyboady trick, the position should come back to normal. Thats sad to have to say that but i think thats the sad truth...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Antonio Castagna

These 5 guys are cheathers ... I don't know what else to call who's cheating

14. NITRO

NITRO New Member

Same case for me.

15. NITRO

NITRO New Member

Same case for me, really frustrating. I also have doubts on the points calculation.

16. jose46lopez

I was already first, with and without a trick so...I'm quiet.

17. Antonio Castagna

You should be ashamed to put Valentino Rossi's 46 on your profile image, he is a true champion (Italian Champion).

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think discussion is derailing.

19. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No need to attack/insult/argue with anybody but me. This is 100% my fault and only my fault. Anything else that has happened was people reacting to me being naive and my stupidity. Everything unfolded the way it has the last few days because of just me. Feel free to bother me directly and let the thread continue.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. jose46lopez

Unbelievable...

• Disagree Disagree x 1