Automobilista v1.3.0 & ADELAIDE RELEASED; Updated to V1.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Amazing work! Thanks!

Spotted changes so far:

Rules:
    Mid-Race Full Course Yellow
    Track Violation Warnings (number)

Audio:
    Independent soud volumes for Engine, Tire, Wind, Environment and Opponents
    Reverb Genenal volume

In Single Race screen, click in All Cars and Tracks. You can set the number of opponents in each class (YESSSSSS!!!!), but first you need to unmark the "Randomize" option.

I have a question, "Fuel Usage" is now displayed as "Ethanol Usage", for every series (even trucks lol). Just for curiosity, why did you implement this label change?

2. diabolus79

diabolus79 New Member

Thanks for the update but still no Fanatec SDK upgrade for us CSL Elite users to enjoy AMS properly?

3. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The Boxer Cup changes are fantastic. FFB feels so much better and reminds me of what I think is the best FFB in the game - the MetalMoro. And I didn't think the Boxer was bad before so hats off.

One wee thing though - just drove it 5 laps round Adelaide and the engine was close to blowing - at 130 degrees and you can't open the radiator. It might have just been that track so be good to hear other people's experience with it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Yep so you indeed have the membership pack. Maybe you bought it with a different user account? In any case you should have access now.

Probably a mistake that slipped through while merging UI changes with older revisions. Will be corrected in the next update.

We´re working on it - hopefully will get it ready for the next update.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. JTS

JTS New Member AMS2 Club Member

Excellent timing with the Adelaide release since the Clipsal 500 is on this weekend.

After a quick play with the Boxer it feels fantastic. Locking the front brakes and having the wheel go light finally feels like what locking brakes feels like. Great stuff so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sando75

Sando75 New Member

I just joined these forums to simply say thank you to the Reiza team for the Adelaide track release. I've just completed two laps and it's brilliant. I live in Adelaide and it's much appreciated you considered our track for our software. I've booked in a BBQ and race day this Saturday with a few mates, racing around Adelaide while watching Adelaide Clipsal 500 on a separate TV.

Oh it includes the 1988 version of Adelaide too!...Thanks guys for all your hard work:)

• Like Like x 4
  7. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Looking forward to playing the steam achievements in v1.4.
    Then hopefully I can start my offline career experience.

8. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Congrats to this v1.3 release. Well done, Reiza.:hurrayreiza:

9. Flaux

Flaux New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys, been here (and at RD) for years but somehow my login got lost so,...here is a new one.

It is a bit unfortunate that I have to start with a rant but this one is long overdue... so...

Please check your files for viruses or create them with the safety-stuff so it doesn't get kicked into quaranteen by Avira Antivir. Since Gamestockcar this is a problem you haven't solved and it is the only game I have that has these problems.

And on top, it isn't an easy way to repair / undo it.

Because I now have to uninstall Automobilista. Redownload the hole game through steam and bevor that I need to tell the antivir program to leave the ams.exe (what else???) untouched somehow... not sure how I've done it in the past, so maybe I need to do this more than once if it doesn't work straight away.

This in unacceptable. I'm really angry about it. (I'm never angry! haha, so strange) For so many years this is a thing and it has never been fixed and I always fall for this trap, because updates aren't that often... And to be honest, it shouldn't be my problem to find a way to fix this...

In the rage I also ripped my steam-account apart somehow. So, I first need to find a way to connect to steam again. Yes, I was that pissed. My brain stopped after trying to get the AMS download working again. It still doens't work... Haha. So please guys. A professional and trustworthy game shouldn't be caught by an antivir program. Please do something about it.

PS: I'm sure the update is great. Can't wait to try it! :)
    PPS: Not at home right now... need to have a look at it later. Maybe it is better that way.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. RodentYell

RodentYell New Member

Awesome work guys, Adelaide has always been one of my favorite tracks..

11. Corgan

Corgan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, these guys work hard!:) Another superb update! Thank You!

12. Sando75

Sando75 New Member

@Flaux I hate to start my post with a rant too but you really need to think before you post. You are blaming Reiza for your Anti-virus issues, and lack of skills administering your anti-virus? That's some high level princess **** going on there pal. You want Reiza to program around your antivirus?

"Please check your files for viruses or create them with the safety-stuff"

Yes I'm sure Reiza load their software with viruses, it's best for their customers. Here's what to do to resolve this:

1. Delete your comment because it's absurd
    2. Use this blog to put an exception in your antivirus Add exceptions for Avira Antivirus in 3 simple steps
    3. Have fun playing an awesome game

Sorry once again for the rant but your comments are just plain silly and I'm sure the Reiza team, as any good software developer gets frustrated with posts like yours.

All the best.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Flaux

1. I will not delete the post because it is important for the team to get those information. Every developer should know when their software isn't safe to some scanners and as far as I know they can do something about it.
    2. Thank you for the help and the link. I appreciate it. The problem is, you can't put an exception on a complete folder and as I don't know if it is only the ams.exe or maybe more (steam couldn't download any further after antivir kicked the exe) it might not be done with the exe alone...
    3. I love the game and play it since 2011, when the original version hit the shelf. I also took part in leagues back then.... so yeah I love it.

14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

While the frustration with a recurring issue is understandable, submitting exes for whitelisting with troublesome AVs every time we compile a new one is not really practical for us. Ultimately a false positive is an error from the AV software. You may want to consider switching to one of the numerous AV out there who do as good job of protecting your system without interfering with your use of harmless software.

15. Flaux

That's a real shame. Antivir is one of the better ones and I have used it for ages. Never had any trouble with it. (Apart from AMS/GSC)

OK, so it is up to me to find a way around the problem.

16. Sando75

Sando75 New Member

OK, I admit I was too aggressive with my post and I'll apologise for that. I'm glad to see you like the game and you've been playing it longer than me so kudos to you:)

Try the links below to add in folder exceptions, you should be able to add the AMS folder under Real Time Protections -> Scan -> Exceptions -> File Objects.

How to Add File Exceptions to Avira Free Antivirus? | Techdows

This old video gives a tutorial of this:

Good luck:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In use Avast, never had a problem (or one that I couldn't fix myself).

Anyway, had a very quick 2 lap run at Adelaide before I had to stop (I won't say why but if you know me you know why ;) ), @Alex Sawczuk superb work as always it's a fantastic addition to the Sim :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

@Flaux You should tell your antivirus to not check all your steam folder...I had the same issue with other games too. If antivirus blocks it even doing what suggested here, you should have the option to tell him this is a false positive, just give a try...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Flaux

Thank you guys, well appreciated! I will try to add the hole steam-folder. Adding the ams.exe to false positive worked in the past, but then I had to uninstall and reinstall the hole game because steam didn't want to download the update anymore. Not sure why. Said "write error or something like that. Tried everything the net would throw at me back then but I couldn't fix it and had to reinstall the hole game. Somehow the ams.exe is different now and so my false-positiv from the last time doesn't work with the new one and it is back in quaranteen. It looks like I have to redownload the hole game again. Verifying the game via steam doesn't work either in these conditions sadly...

I just wanted to take a quick spin with V1.3 yesterday after playing the game for over an hour with the old version. Would have been a nice comparison. Sadly all this came in the way...

So thanks again for the help and no bad feelings from my side @Sando75. All good.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. reidz

reidz New Member

Great news! Can't wait to try out this patch! Multi-class ai should be a blast

21. Pyso

Pyso New Member

Hello,

First post here, been onboard since GCSE, love the sim and glad to see it continuing as 'Automobilista' (although I thought the idea was to improve the name, not make it more complicated LOL)

Anyway, I bought Adelaide yesterday and ever since, the sim has been a choppy, stuttery mess. Every other sim I own runs fine. I have done the config tool, turned all the settings down and still no joy. Is this related to the new build or is it something at my end perhaps?

It was working fine before this latest update.

I did an integrity check and it said 3 files were missing but that they would be 'retrieved'. After that I loaded it up and it was still unplayable. It does it on all cars and all tracks.

I have i7 3770K CPU, 32 GB, windows 7, two nvidia GTX67s running in SLi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.