Automobilista v1.3.0 & ADELAIDE RELEASED; Updated to V1.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

When I launch my full release version since 1.3 and then still since the hotfix, there's a cmd window that doesn't close and I have to alt+tab to the game. If I close it, it closes the game. When I exit the game it goes away. The issue has never been present in the beta.

Attached Files:

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Check to make sure the second line of your Realfeel.ini looks like this:

ConsoleEnabled=False

• Like Like x 1
  3. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, that was it. I must've put true on that instead of speechenabled without paying attention when I updated the file after the update.

4. Marc Collins

Speaking of which, is your SpeechEnabed working? Mine is not at the moment!

5. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Think for speech support you need to enable that component in windows control panel (afaik add remove programs -> enable /disable windows components).

6. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Reiza, we have a problem.

Just to chill out. I will not report this as a bug because it happened only once and I'm posting here because I found it unusual and funny.
    In the same lap and in the same place, it seems that some AIs have forgotten or lost their brakes, this even recalls some races in public servers, but believe me, it's AI, hahaha. Keep up the good work Reiza team.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marc Collins

I am just talking about the audio feedback of Realfeel and the line in the Realfeel.ini that has controlled this for years. It was working on my AMS until quite recently with no Windows-related settings or tweaking involved.

8. Domagoj Lovric

That's the one i had in mind. It is part of realfeel code (read: nothing altered by us).

9. Marc Collins

So you are saying suddenly starting now something is needed in Windows to be able to hear the Realfeel voice feedback?? I am astonished as I have been using Realfeel for many years (since it first came out) in rFactor and now AMS and did not need to do this, nor I have ever heard of such a requirement.

To humour you, I went in to the Windows Components list, but cannot see anything that would relate to this whatsoever. What component am I looking for?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Meh during a race today 3 drivers getting stop and go penalty under full course yellow for no reason (literally nothing happened to cause it). Please someone write an admin panel plugin!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

11. Domagoj Lovric

In my first post that was merely a suggestion to what to look at, Marc. Nothing 100%.
    I didn't ever check it on win 7, but i do recall it needs to be installed from somewhere.
    Turns out it's valid for xp. Microsoft Corporation

(when i wrote you that post, that was from android, didn't have a pc at hand to check).
    In win 7, speech has separate applet in control panel, it's not under sound devices any more.

EDIT. I checked it on my install, voice works no probs. In windows 7 at least.
    The "component" that controls it is located in:
    Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition

Then you will see this screen. Check settings there, and under advanced check what audio output is used for speech.
    speech.png

Glad at least i made you laugh, if i failed to help :)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  12. Marc Collins

I bow to your technical superiority and wizardry ;)

I have no idea how my Ease of Access Speech setting got changed (to my monitor speakers, which are off, instead of to the system default speakers), but that's all it was. I also had no idea that Realfeel was using the system voice. In decades of using Windows, I have never used the system voice before so didn't recognize it when I heard it related to Realfeel. I just assumed it was some strange built-in voice from the plug-in!

Thanks--problem solved!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Marc Collins

FYI on the ongoing saga with anti-virus hassles. I now expect that if I am an early user of an update (either beta or regular program), my AV will go bonkers due to the unfamiliarity of the new files, which most AV programs now block by default until the "reputation" of those files reaches a safe zone (a certain number of users using them without problems). This has always affected ams.exe and sometimes a couple of other files.

Yesterday, my AV program did a major update, but AMS did not. Nevertheless, once I rebooted, my AV program went bonkers and quarantined about 20 to 25 AMS files, rendering AMS crippled. That's the first time I have seen an "older" installation identified as a security risk. Luckily, I was able to restore everything in one shot.

Every single time this annoying problem occurs, I select the option to ignore these files (e.g., ams.exe) in the future. It does, but only until a newer version arrives when it puts it back into the scan and then inevitably blocks it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.