Automobilista v1.4.3 RELEASED, now updated to V1.4.32

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista v1.4.3 is out now - here´s the changelog:
    • Added Hockenheim RX layout (not compatible with DynHUD at the moment)
    • Integrated initial batch of Steam Achievements (more info & related discussions here)
    • Season Tool: Improved handling of errors related to reading of series/track images; All series vehicle filters are now added to seasons (these can be further limited/customised when starting the season in game)
    • Radio Spotter: Audio files now cached in memory to try prevent stutters loading the files during gameplay on some systems
    • Expanded track GDB tire compound parameters to set different compound restrictions for different series, and define which of the allowed compounds AI qualifies & start race on *
    • Added AIRaceCompoundSwitch parameter to series files - if set to 1 AI is forced to switch to the next tire compound allowed in a tire stop (if set to 0 or not present AI will continue on the same default compound) **
    • Made softest compound default for F-Extreme. F-Reiza, F-Ultimate
    • DynHUD: Added option to switch Track Map state from stactic, rotating & off (CTRL + M switches between the states)
    • Replaced tacho texture in native HUD
    • Revised & expanded default championship calendars for several series
    • Reduced pitlane speed limit in races from 100 km/h to 80 km/h in all GP layouts to match real rules
    • Fine tuned drag effects for each car, correcting some previous exaggerated values
    • Fixed F-Truck & ARC Camaro wrong ID for TT leaderboards
    • Fixed bug that would cause excessive AI tire wear when TireManagement parameter wasn´t present in driver RCD file (now defaults to 80, 100 being default tire compound wear)
    • Fixed bug in AI tire pitstop thresholds not working causing the AI to run tires to canvas
    • Fixed bug that could cause AI to slow down too much in cool down lap after checkered flag
    • Global AI adjustments: Slightly reduced qualifying performance gap vs race / slightly increased AI tendency to move out of the draft from car ahead; Adjusted AI reaction to be more combative when another is close by or side by side
    • Fixed AI fuel slightly over fueling in qualifying (now AI does 3-4 lap runs and takes just enough fuel in between for the next run)
    • Changed AI strategy for fixing damage in pits - now AI only fixes damage when wings are missing (no longer doing long pit stops for minor bodywork fixes)
    • Further fine tuning of fuel consumption & estimates for several cars
    • Reduced AI performance variation in Supertruck layouts
    • Adjusted tire wear & degradation rates for all compounds in F-Ultimate, F-Extreme & F-Reiza
    • Brands Hatch: Fixed safety car position in pit lane; Updated AI paths; updated curb textures
    • Hockenheim: Disabled Safety Car for 77 & 88 layouts
    • Karts: Adjusted POV to avoid clipping with driver model
    • Caterham: Fixed missing driver arms in external view for 360R models
    • Montana: Fixes to pitgroups & talent files
    • Mini: Fixed Celtic teams missing vehicle IDs for Time Trial
    • LancerX: Moved default brake bias forward; Fixed bug with driver arms in external cameras
    • F-Ultimate: Adjusted steering wheel height; Increased DRS drag reduction; Increased tires´ pneumatic trail (should make FFB slightly stronger)
    • F-Truck: Updated driver suits & Gloves
    • F-V10: Updated driver suits & Gloves
    • F-V12: fixed sound going mute between 4-5k RPM
    • Ultima: Fixed graphics glitch in headlights from external cameras
    • Superkart: corrected moving arms lodout distance
    • F3: fixed steering wheels LODs of F301
    • MCR: fixed rpm lights and LCD glass
    • Marcas: Added missing talent files; Reduced AI skill range for more consistent performance
    * AI will now qualify on softest compound available in all default tracks;
    ** In case of modern Formula series in default tracks, AI will start on softest compound available and switch to the next in range in a tire stop

Further info regarding above changes: for ex. F-Ultimate @ Montreal, AI will now qualify and start race in UltraSoft compound; since series has AIRaceCompoundSwitch=1, AI will then switch to SuperSoft if / when it stops for tires as per 2017 compound options & strategy; If it´s a F-Extreme race @ Montreal, AI will start on SuperSoft and switch to Softs as per 2015 compound options & strategy. If it´s tracks with no compound restrictions, AI will always run the softest compound and switch to the next up in tire stop. F-Classic will qualify on qualifying tires but will always race on C race compound; if it does a tire stop it will just switch to a new C set.

Series that don´t have multiple tire compounds and / or don´t feature in the track GDB will continue using the default compound as before. Mod tracks should be updated to use this latest syntax in order to feature compound restrictions.

Important note for Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation has been initially implemented on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.3_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

For the next release we hope to have it fully integrated into the main branch.

GENERAL NOTES:

If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.4.05 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

For further difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game, please refer to USER MANUAL present as a launch option from Steam If you need further assistance please post it in the troubleshooting topic or email support@reizastudios.com (please allow for up to 1 business day for a reply).

EDIT: V1.4.32 hotfix is now live - changelog:
    • Fixed bug leading to AI cars refuelling during pitstops in series in which they are not supposed to
    • Added AIqualLapsperRun parameter to HDV files defining how many laps AI is supposed to run in qualifying
    • Fixed errors with some Steam Achievements (please note Achievements will be reset as a result)
    • Fixed bug with helper springs which could lead to some odd behavior under max suspension deflection
    • Fixed bug preventing player from fixing car damage in pitstops
    • Added extra "Force Lan" & "Seconds to autoload" parameters to multiplayer.ini to facilitate flow in a LAN session
    • Adjusted traction control driving aid levels for most cars
    • Small aero tweaks to StockV8, Montana, Metalmoro (slightly less yaw drop-off)
    • Corrected Montreal 1988 pit speed in practice sessions
    • Fixed missing dust smoke at Ascurra
    • F-Ultimate: Adjusted driver helmet height

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

yummy :p finally we have achievements

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rodent

Rodent Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes yes patch notes but what about the Ach.... Huzzah! :hurrayreiza:

As silly as they are I'm real glad to see them added and will enjoy the new set of subgoals they provide. Will make those rainy summer days go by a whole lot quicker, cheers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Woohoo! Look forward to trying the Hockenheim RX layout (as I didn't have the beta builds installed). Keep up the good work!

5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Since the disaster called D4 I finally now can go completing AMS before Reiza 17 hits. Thank you Reiza Studios for this awesome game <3

There are some awesome achievements to complete, like the 4+ hour race or the 1l tank fuel :p

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  6. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

So, just to be clear:

Imagine a mod track just right now, say Barcelona (in 2017, they use Soft and Medium tyres).

The way this mod track is now (no fixes yet):
    * F-Ultimate will qualy in UltraSoft (softest)
    * F-Ultimate will start in UltraSoft (softest)
    * In first pit, F-Ultimate will change to SuperSoft (2nd softest)
    * In second pit, F-Ultimate will change to SuperSoft again (2nd softest)
    * Further pit stops will always change to SuperSoft (2nd softest)

Is that it, right? All mod tracks, as they are now, will behave like this for F-Ultimate.

7. Renato Simioni

They will not switch to Supersoft if the GDB doesn´t feature the compound order - they will just run UltraSoft again.

I´d expect the main track mods to be updated to use the right values very soon anyway :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Thanks!

9. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

With steam achievements available I now can start driving AMS. Dirt 4 I cannot complete due to its terrible physics and FFB.

Thanks for the steam achievements.

10. Guilherme Borghezani

Guilherme Borghezani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i discovered the new track
    haha thanks

• Like Like x 2
  11. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to it :)

12. Vaken

Vaken Member AMS2 Club Member

Achievements: bugs or at least unexpected behaviour :
    • Got No harm no foul though I didn't repair anything.
    • Got Not a drop to spare after the end of the race, during the "return to pit" lap.
    • Vrooom has a progression bar. Shouldn't it be a "done" / "not done" thing ?
    • Got 1/68 in Pole Position King though I didn't drive any F1-type car yet.
    • Round We Go shows 1000/nnn though I made only 95 km.
    • Moonmadness shows 40,075/NNN (and still 95 km).
    • Didn't get Flying Lap - Rookie though I got the pole in a compliant race (Be a Star and Pace Setter ok). AI strength was set to 95% if that's relevant.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Is there any reason why an update changes settings that do not need to be changed? Seriously, leave all user settings alone, I don't see any reason to change dynhud/map settings.
    Last update changed map setting to static, it took me a really long time to figure out how to fix it and put it back on the original setting (map rotation), now this latest update did the same mistake again, it changed the map setting to static, I've tried editing using the dynhud_editor, again I'm having problems with it, it doesn't open and I can't go back to my original setting, this is really frustrating.

14. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with what you are saying about personal settings not being changed, but the DynHUD info you are looking for is in the changelog

• DynHUD: Added option to switch Track Map state from stactic, rotating & off (CTRL + M switches between the states)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Member AMS2 Club Member

• MCR: fixed rpm lights and LCD glass
    Just a question: Those rpm lights are supposed to go on the steering wheel? Because I still cant see any lights.

16. Renato Simioni

A minor hotfix has gone up now in v1.4.31:
    • Fixed errors with some Steam Achievements
    • Fixed missing dust smoke in Foz & Tykki
    • StockV8: Fixed visibility of moving arms from external view when movings arms is off

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Alex Couri

Alex Couri Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Renato! I just tried .. but it still needs fixing the Ascurra track !! This is the only dirt that continues without the dust, please see there because it makes all the difference this effect on this type of track!

18. Fernando Lamas

Fernando Lamas New Member

Hi Renato, I sent you a private message for a consultation. If you can see it I thank you.

19. Renato Simioni

V1.4.32 hotfix is now live - changelog:
    • Fixed bug leading to AI cars refuelling during pitstops in series in which they are not supposed to
    • Added AIqualLapsperRun parameter to HDV files defining how many laps AI is supposed to run in qualifying
    • Fixed errors with some Steam Achievements (please note Achievements will be reset as a result)
    • Fixed bug with helper springs which could lead to some odd behavior under max suspension deflection
    • Fixed bug preventing player from fixing car damage in pitstops
    • Added extra "Force Lan" & "Seconds to autoload" parameters to multiplayer.ini to facilitate flow in a LAN session
    • Adjusted traction control driving aid levels for most cars
    • Small aero tweaks to StockV8, Montana, Metalmoro (slightly less yaw drop-off)
    • Corrected Montreal 1988 pit speed in practice sessions
    • Fixed missing dust smoke at Ascurra
    • F-Ultimate: Adjusted driver helmet height

• Like Like x 5
  20. Anthemius

Anthemius New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Renato,
    I was surprised that didn't see any comment for the G29 support yet, so I gave it a try. Amazing work guys! G29 rotation is fixed now and the FFB and feeling is just amazing! Better than any other sim!
    I was waiting too long for this fix, but it deserves waiting! I am wondering, why don't you add the fix on the standard release yet? I didn't test it too much, but after a couple of hours, I can say that it works perfectly for any car that I tried.
    Thank you and congratulations Reiza team!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.