Automobilista v1.4.5 RELEASED, now updated to v1.4.54

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista v1.4.5 is released - includes new free content as the Stock Car 2017 season & Curvelo race track are now included!

Below is the Changelog for v1.4.32 -> v1.4.5:

CONTENT
    • Added Curvelo circuit ("A" & "B" layouts)
    • Added Stock Car Brasil 2017 series

UPDATES & FIXES
    • Revised AI overtaking risk calculations - AI now constantly looks for a way past a slower car ahead (no longer backs off overtakes) *
    • Revised & Expanded Push-to-Pass functionality, simulating Stock Car 2017 season (including windshield lights indicating activation / availability)
    • AI now also uses P2P to overtake / defend from opponents
    • Added new car-specific AI risk calculation parameters for overtaking - AI now factors corner radius ahead to decide whether to try switch lines to overtake
    • Added new AI function to prevent AI car from trying to rejoin the track after a spin until there is no oncoming traffic
    • AI now affected by grass / gravel grip levels & dirt on tires (it will lift a bit until tires are clean again)
    • Added new controller damping sliders & presets for better keyboard & gamepad control **
    • Moved camera settings to DISPLAY UI screen, & added a "Lock to Horizon" slider (where 0% is pre-v1.4 setting, and 100% is latest setting)
    • Added Garage UI warning message for series in which race refuelling is not allowed, & disabled HUD pit menu fuel adjustment for those series ***
    • Several minor UI fixes & adjustments
    • Adjusted audio occlusion, low pass & wind filters
    • Adjusted AI drafting, slip reaction, aggression levels
    • Changed default cockpit FOV from 50 to 45 degrees
    • Adjusted traction control functionality (as a driving aid)
    • Added PLR file setting to disable track scoreboards (known to cause some issues in live streaming)
    • Track state regression between sessions & overnight reduced from 2% & 10% respectively to 1% & 5%
    • Corrected excessive fuel consumption in Caterhams, MCR, Marcas, Lancers
    • Updated sunrise/sunset lighting values for all tracks
    • Updated Cadwell, Brands, Imola, VIR, Curitiba. Cascavel, Kansai, Velocittá, Taruma, Goiania, Spielberg, Santa Cruz, Guaporé, Londrina, Interlagos terrain & road textures to latest quality standard
    • Minor road & curb updates at Curitiba, Tarumã, Goiania, Santa Cruz, Londrina, Interlagos to match their 2017 layouts
    • Fixed F-Ultimate tire options for Interlagos, Kansai
    • Karts: Fixed handling-breaking suspension bug from last hotfix
    • MCR: Fixed RPM LEDs not working in left-hand driver side
    • Camaro: Added 2017 Stock Car Safety Car skin

* For this build Medium aggression is generally recommended for best AI racing; higher settings may be suitable for tin tops in which more bumping & rubbing is acceptable; Low aggression disables all new risk bypassing functions and effectively reverts to their pre v1.4.5 behavior with regards to overtaking.

** Users of digital inputs should review their settings for steering, throttle and brake rates.

*** All cars / tracks still allows race refuelling for all classes, so users looking to get around series refuelling rules should use that for both single & multiplayer races (be advised that AI fuel strategy for longer races may not be ideal).

EDIT: Build v1.4.53 now up - this is a hotfix to address the main issues with the previous release. It also includes several more track updates.
    • Slightly toned down AI aggression on all levels, & reduced AI risk calculation bypassing for overtaking on 1st lap when running MEDIUM AI Aggression setting (HIGH & MAX remain with full bypass)
    • Adjusted series-specific AI corner radius detection (used to decide whether to try switch lines to overtake) to more conservative values
    • Added information for connected devices & other minor adjustments to controller UI
    • Updated Montreal, Campo Grande, Brasilia, Caruaru, Buenos Aires, Guapore, Speedland, Granja, Cordoba, Spielberg & Salvador textures to latest standards
    • Fixed Stock Car 2017 & Curvelo IDs for VX leaderboards
    • Small update to billboard shaders, smoke & dust effects
    • Minor tire wear adjustments to Boxer, SuperV8, StockV8
    • Goiania: Fixed CTD loading short layouts
    • Interlagos: Fixed nightlighting on new road sections in 2017 variants
    • F-Ultimate: Added HALO as a configuration optional
    • StockV8: Added Lapenna´s car & fixed error causing Valerio´s car not to load; Added missing driver talent files; Added 2017 championship option with correct season order & scoring; Fixed glare in night lighting; Fixed LOD flaw in rear fender
    • Montana: Small adjustment on engine torque curve

Important note for Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is still on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.5_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

GENERAL NOTES:

If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.4.32 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 15
    • Like Like x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Holger Hega

Holger Hega New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks so far. I have a question: Does the OrientationRate (Cockpit) setting in the vehicle cam files still have an effect? If not, is there another editable file? Thanks in advance.

3. Renato Simioni

"lock to horizon" is the relevant setting - set it to 0% to go back to how it was before v1.4, 100% to how it has been since.

4. Holger Hega

Thanks for the fast answer. :) I used my own settings for the OrientationRate in the cam files until now, so this not possible anymore?

5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Right now it's not possible to modify the values used.

6. Holger Hega

OK, thanks for the answer, this is very sad for me. :-(

7. Alex Sawczuk

What value do you set?

8. Holger Hega

I set the first value to 1 rather than the new value 10 or the old value 999. For me it´s the natural way the eye interacts with the environment in a moving car. Sometimes I do some laps on the nordschleife in a street car and it feels more 1 than 10 or 999. ;-) Don´t get me wrong, I love your game, it´s great!

9. Jan Stange

Jan Stange New Member

Brilliant update Reiza! Such quality content with amazing detail - massive fun.

One question I have, what SweetFX preset is used for the promotion screenshots?

Nice weekend ;)

10. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's there in the settings! It's called lock to horizon

11. TrintaE2

TrintaE2 New Member AMS2 Club Member

12. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Love the new track...made for V8 power...new cars look great too!

13. Gelani

Gelani New Member

Second that. Using a Logitech G29 and even with v1.4.5_G29 the autorotation stopped working.

14. Alex Sawczuk

All screenshots that I share are taken with A3 Natural Vivid. The default SFX Profile.

15. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

Roadmap Update?

Keep up with this sim! It's amazing!

16. Renato Simioni

The have been no changes to the auto rotation code since v1.4.32, can´t reproduce issues with either Fanatec CSW 2 or G29. Might be worth creating a new player profile or at least checking your controller settings to make sure auto rotation is on and speed sensitivity is 0%, and that steering aid is not switched on.

17. Gelani

Gelani New Member

I did all of that. I wish I could send the pictures to prove. Last beta things were fine, but now, even if I go back to the old branch, doesn't work as before. I have to go out of the game to change the rotation in the logitech profiler. Looks like the problem is just with me, I'm very frustrated. Me ajuda aí, Renato. Seu simulador é o melhor do mercado. Qualquer ideia eu agradeço, cara. Não quero voltar pro Assetto. Aquilo é sem vida.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Marcos

Marcos Member

Are there more news for automobilista or this is the game complete?

19. TrintaE2

TrintaE2 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Created new profile, created new controller profile, auto-rotation is on and speed sensitivity is 0.0000, and did a firmware flash to the wheel!

It doesn't work! Tried it with superv8, stockv8, mini, the new f1 car, 911 rsr mod...

It seems the game isnt sending the info to the wheel or something is blocking that communication.

• Like Like x 1
  20. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What was the motivation for reducing the default cockpit fov to 45 ? With reduced fov, sense of speed is decreased. With slower cars such as for the Petrobras serie, this makes it more difficult to evaluate braking distances. IMHO, the previous default of 50 was better.