Automobilista v1.4.7 RELEASED, now updated to v1.4.72

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Riverside

Riverside New Member

Very unexpected and cool that you guys @Reiza Studios have developed a south american track beyond Brazil and Argentina; track feels great and it's demanding with the astonishing views of our Andes

It would be awesome to see other tracks from the continent, there was a wip from Tocancipa, Colombia for rf1 at some point couple years back...

Thanks @Renato Simioni and team, well done.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Member

What an enjoyable track.. I love the fast esses before the last hairpin... It's so fulfilling to nail that part of the track in a big GT3 car. Thanks

3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

1.4.7 we are so near to 1.5...I don't know if I should be happy or not...but also there is still a lot to see!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What do mean? We can have1.4.7a,b,c,d,e,f etc lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

On holidays now, but just curious: is the issue solved where I (we) had to wait for about 15" after returning to the main menu, before being able to choose a car/track ?
    The problem was there since a few weeks and checking file integrity via Steam did not solve it, nor did a complete reinstall the game from scratch...

6. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, fixed mate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mykill

mykill New Member AMS2 Club Member

I feel I must comment simply to give my thanks for Ibarra.. It's very very cool!!! I'm loving it, and with the feedback I've seen I'm not alone. Awesome to drive and very pretty to admire :)

Thanks for this track and the extensive list of features and fixes. The LOD out value adjustment and flickering fixes are very welcome :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

Ibarra is excellent. The scenery etc. Just like I'm in FPS Far Cry doing some racing:)

Real life footage:

Thanks so much.

Cheers
    Robin

• Like Like x 5
  9. Spin

Spin Active Member

Nothing to see hear, guys, just another AMAZING, beautiful circuit layout from South America.

I could have fun for years just driving the AMS default tracks. They're all so good!!!

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. Erwin

Erwin New Member

Cool track! Maybe the invisible walls are a bit too close to the track here:
    ams_1.jpg

Good to see the F Ultimate tyre bug seems to be fixed.
    UI adjustments are nice, but in the server list, sorting by player amount is now broken.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In the multiplayer lobby can you not provide additional info about Caterham, Lancer series ?
    I want to know exactly which car model the server is running.
    Maybe put the additional info in ''racing series'' where the detailed server info is displayed,
    if there's no way to display it in the server list.

Cheers

12. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

One more thing:

Would it be possible to make the track limits visible ? For the TT, for instance.
    Or are we expected to figure out the limits for each corner on our own ?
    I don't know...
    Would come really handy, so you can turn it on/off and see exactly where the limits are.

13. Craigbowie

Craigbowie New Member

I had a run with this update last night racing the Super V8s at Barbagello and found the following.
    Raced with 2x fuel for a distance of 200kms to make the cars stop twice during the race. 4 cars failed to finish, in the results it didnt say fuel related but guessing it may have been.
    i also found that when the AI overtake a lapped car they get very messy IE the faster car drives off the circuit to pass the slower car which does not slow down to let the faster car through. The slower lapped car tends to stay in the middle of the track. When the faster cars try to lap and drive off the circuit they generally spin out... this was happening no matter what level of aggression i was using.. i tried from lowest to highest settings.
    The sound and the feel of the game is amazing... just wish we could get the minor stuff sorted to make this the complete package!

14. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

Did a few offline races Vintage F1 1967 @ Ibarra. 100% AI, Max agression. Great exciting stuff.
    The 'Ferrari' Is a handful @ Ibarra, also after more than 5 laps. Still very slippery at some points.

But that same car @ Cascavel feels way more throwable, easy going, easier to catch etc. Even in the first lap from the pits.

Is asphalt/tarmac griplevel different at any track in AMS?
    I know about that in AC, but I don't know about such a thing in AMS.

Thanks
    Cheers
    Robin

15. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great track and had three nice AI-races so far. Two races with quite high AI-settings (115) were not challenging enough to win: Formula Retro on the standard and F3 on the reverse track.
    Not really awkwardly slow and fun to pass one or two per lap, but they should go faster;)

16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

v1.4.72 now up - this is a hotfix to address some of the main issues that have come up since the last release. Changelog:
    • Fixed a few issues with multiplayer lobby, including bug that could cause lobby list not to show up
    • Fixed a bug in which if user's My Documents folder is a Drive's root folder, the game does not work creating the player file when (just stays on the enter driver name screen)
    • Fixed bug where controller input would register complete left when exactly 0 input was given
    • Fixed other engine sounds playing out of time
    • Fixed occasional audio artifacts with other distant cars on external cameras
    • Tykki: Updated terrain textures to latest standards
    • Ibarra: Optimized AI line through first and last corners
    • F-Retro: Fixed AI fuel estimate

• Like Like x 11
  17. kamtcho

kamtcho New Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update as usual, but when i want to sear n game multiplayer, in reiza official servers i see 0 players, but on Virtual Xperience i saw 2 players, WHen i connected to game, there was 2 player driving around. Please could you check it?

18. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Looks like the built-in controller deadzones that can't be turned off made their way into the main game too unfortunately.
    Personally I think that's a terrible idea, the way it was before with user having control over deadzone values was better. Built-in deadzones that can't be turned off might be a good idea for casual players with sloppy inputs but for smooth precision players built-in deadzones can make cars a lot more difficult to drive.

19. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I already said they'd be customizable in the next major update.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Yes different tracks have different grip / abrasiveness levels - Cascavel is a bit higher grip and more abrasive than Ibarra, but the differences are small. The higher camber around Cascavel corners probably make a more significant difference.

• Informative Informative x 2