Automobilista v1.4.7 RELEASED, now updated to v1.4.72

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Antaka

Antaka New Member

I'm having several issues with my G29, even on the 1.4.7_G29 beta.
    Looks like the auto-rotation, FFB and rev lights can't work together, al least one of the 3 is randomly missing every time I launch the game. I don't care about the lights, but it's impossible to race when the rotation or FFB is wrong. I know there are other threads about this issues but it looked like it was working better before this update, or at least more consistently (I never got to see the rev lights working before this update).

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Oh yeah - thanks, I actually forgot about that but, it may be enabled as it is; I'll have to check it. :)

3. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@ Reiza
    I've spent a couple of days experimenting with the AI, and it's a huge improvement IMO on previous versions! Thanks for your hard work :).

There is one thing from the release notes I would like to tweak, it's this..

Adjusted AI draft values so it remains in draft a little longer

They do overtake each other quite well on some circuits, but on others they change line too soon when closing on the car in front and don't really benefit from the tow. Another moment or two more in the draft - picking up speed and closing the gap - and it would hugely improve the AI racing and make their passes more successful.
    Is there a parameter I could edit for this?
    Is it the AI Draft Stickiness line in the track.aiw file, or is it hidden away elsewhere, like inside the .hdv?

4. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Just a little dev update note from here; i've finally got on top of issues mentioned above, so far things sound good! No more clicks/static. Nice smooth sound transitions ;)

It would soon be into beta version. Not in the next beta release, but soon after that.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Craigbowie

Craigbowie New Member

Have done some testing with the AI problem of passing lapped cars.
    Played around with the talent files for the Virgin Australia Supercars mod 2017 (Super V8).
    What i did was speed up the cars, made the fastest speed= 100 and the slowest was speed= 95.
    I turned down the aggression for all cars IE slowest aggression = 1 and the fastest cars aggression = 30.
    This produces very good racing until the fastest cars lap the slowest cars well into the race.
    No matter what i have set, aggression, speed, driving ability the car doing the overtaking seems to get just in front or beside the car they are lapping and the overtaking car pulls a hard right or left off the track and onto the grass (doesn't matter which track).
    I think the problem maybe something to do with giving the lapped car some space, sure this was tweaked in a recent update???
    The problem only occurs when a fast car laps a slower car. Other than that the cars race each other pretty well without too much dramas.
    Hopefully it can be looked at in the next update. The cars were dealing better with each other about 3 updates ago if memory serves me well, being that the lapped car would slow and move to the side of the track allowing the faster car to overtake.
    Hope you can give us some feedback on this issue.
    Cheers
    Craig

6. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great to hear!
    I tried the windows virtual 7.1 combined with the new ingame headphone surround and it was much better with my setup. The static was less noticeable in the menus and almost unnoticeable in a few cars I tried.
    Thanks for your hard work!

Cheers
    David

7. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

Not having played AMS for 4 days, AMS does NOT seem to DETECT my G920 at the moment??
    (AC and Dirt 4 are ok with G920)

I'm now verifying/doing cache integrity check.

What can be the problem?

EDIT: NEVER MIND it's working again, sorry! :)

Cheers
    Robin

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  8. Nathaniel Reese

Nathaniel Reese Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hopefull reasonable question to camera position .. were you thinking about making up/down tilt accessible from game? via mapped key or slider or something .. if it is possible to do.
    Sometimes it is hard to align real wheel with dashboard to look natural given how much screen-wheel-eye level varries from player to player one angle doesn`t always fit everybody for every car

• Agree Agree x 2