Automobilista v1.4.8 RELEASED, now updated to v1.4.81

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the detailed report, most of these have been fixed for upcoming v1.4.81 hotfix. The Classics are all full H shift manual, the tolerance is similar between them and other cars with similar boxes.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

Thanks to take a moment to see the report.

Maybe I didn't say it correctly, what I meant is that the gearbox of these cars have autoblip in game (Hot Cars and Copa Classic).

Cheers and keep working, you have the best sim!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Renato Simioni

Automobilista v1.4.81 now up - this is a hotfix to address the main issues since last week´s release.
    • Fixed a possible CTD caused by unitialized career data when calculating points
    • Removed redundant "/ka" messages in AMSDedi
    • Added PLR file name and version number to AMSDedi tool
    • Adjusted Realfeel defaults for TC Classics & F-Vintage
    • Added new car-specific AI aggression scalars
    • Spielberg: Fixed CTD issue with 2015 GP version
    • Adelaide: Adjusted fast rolling start location
    • F-Vintage: Reduced default ride height & increments to 0.1cm per step (rather than previous 0.5cm); Moved default brake bias a bit further frontwards
    • TC Classics: Updated HotCars Passat & Gol to have their own VX IDs; Fixed external idle sound missing; Adjusted tires; Duplicated Hot Cars Boxer engine file so it can feature sound emission points for both Gol and Fusca; Increased power for FuscaR, Gol33 & PassatR in Copa Classic; Corrected errors with Reiza51 drivers; Fixed Passat, Gol Hot Cars bumper models flickering in TV cameras; Fixed missing hood from cockpit view in some cars; Small adjustment to FWD weight distribution; Small fuel consumption & estimate adjustments; Bumped max opponents to 25 to accomodate full Hot Cars field (keep in mind however other classic series have only 20 cars)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SRGP

SRGP Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The "Automobilista - Dedicated Server" tool is still in 1.4.8

5. Renato Simioni

Apologies, sorted now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

FL Class:
    - Passat Santos & Passat Flecha still haven't hood, but I can see the front of the car.
    20171013175528_1.jpg
    - Fuscas sound like they have front engine.

B Class:
    - Gol & Passat sound like they have rear engine
    - Passats still haven't hood, but I can see the front of the car

Hot Cars & Copa Uno:
    - No problem
    Copa Fusca:
    - Just beautiful

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Unos...do they really have that much wheel spin even in 4th and 5th gears? All it takes is a small steering input with acceleration and spin away. I have no idea if it is realistic, but it is odd and a big challenge to manage without overheating the front tires.

8. Conrad Miller

Conrad Miller New Member AMS2 Club Member

Passat Santos still has no hood in cockpit view.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Craigbowie

Craigbowie New Member

Still Having trouble with cars running out of fuel (Super V8s) using the Virgin Australia 2017 Supercar mod.
    Ran a 300km 76 lap race of Eastern Creek on normal fuel.
    6 cars ran out of fuel
    All cars only pitted once except the leader who pitted twice- second time on the last lap.
    Am not understanding why this has slipped into the game... its only been since the last 4 or 5 updates. before that there was never any issue.
    Could you please have a look at this again.
    Cheers
    Craig Beaumont

10. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does it work with the original SuperV8? If so, it is the mod that needs to be updated to follow the latest changes in the game...

11. Craigbowie

Craigbowie New Member

A few people are saying the same as me... it looks like its the way REZIA have done the fuel usage as this is just skins added to the Super V8 mod!

12. Eduardo Mennocchi

Eduardo Mennocchi Racecar driver wannabe AMS2 Club Member

You need to ensure .veh files are correct, because if this skin packages also replaces the original .veh files (it seems it does, because you mentioned a team not under original Supercars teams), this could be one of the causes of the issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Craigbowie

Craigbowie New Member

Im getting some help on the other page... he is going to send me some files so ill see if tge vehicle file has changed.
    But its not the mod as this was all fine untill the REZIA updates that occurred about 4 updates ago... before that there was never any problem with fuel...

14. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

The Ultima GTR 720 feels a bit more understeery semi-easier to drive.
    i see in the setup screen there is a 0% lock and 0% coast on the LSD. Was it like that before?
    Like a spool axle? It now feels like the car has a spool axle: power understeer to begin with.
    But afaik it has a Porsche 5 speed gearbox and LSD(% lock/coast) so why is it at 0% like an open diff?

Thanks
    Cheers
    Robin

15. Marc Collins

To make it easier to drive as so many requested?

Can you still put in "normal" LSD settings and get the expected result in handling?

Does anyone know what the old settings were?

16. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

Yeah I got that;-)

But no you can't.

An no I do'nt.

I feel like I'm driving around in an Ultima GTR720 with an open diff(0%lock and 0% coast) and AMS is about realism isn't it? Are those settings real GTR720 LSD settings? I have my strong doubts...

And I must say, the former build the car was a handful(doh) but after a few laps when everything was warm it was a car which was growing on me and I could drive pretty pretty fast with it lap after lap after lap...

Cheers
    Robin

17. Marc Collins

Well, the original uses a Porsche G50 series gearbox and transaxle. Poking around some gear head sites it seems that the regular Ultima was often delivered without an LSD. I can't confirm that about the 720, but the reason is because purchasers often wanted to fiddle with the engine choice and it becomes an equation to figure-out exactly which transmission and diff will best work with the engine. One noted that a certain LSD would perform very poorly with a some combo.

What I can say is that if the 720 didn't already come with a factory LSD, it would have been a very popular mod and one that most smart people would do right away. Reiza, if it wasn't standard, please at least make it an install option. 720 hp spinning through a single rear wheel is a bit silly. A one-wheel drive performance car isn't even much fun on a track.

18. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

Exactly, though the 720, being a mid engined transaxle rwd car with a heavy engine, has already sufficient traction due to stated layout, still needs an LSD.

Lotus stated some Elises/Exiges etc will behave worse with an optional LSD, making it more understeery to begin with but those cars are slightly lighter than the 720, don't have a heavy but a rather small mid engine, plus they don't have the torque/power to make the wheels spin(very) easily (in the dry)

So please Reiza.:)

Cheers
    Robin

19. Renato Simioni

The missing adjustable LSD in the new Ultima physics is a mistake, will be corrected in the next update.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Craigbowie

Craigbowie New Member

Ok so have spoken to the Virgin Austraia Supercars 2017 mod creators... their mod does not change any physics in the Super V8 mod... its only skins that are changed. So the problem is with the REZIA Super V8 mod... could REZIA please retweak the fuel use of the AI to what it was about 5-6 updates ago... did not have the problem of AI cars running out of fuel at that time.