Automobilista v1.4.9 RELEASED, now updated to v1.4.93

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2017.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Where is November dev update???

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for all the hard work! I like the new HUD very much.
    Unfortunately though, the AI no longer overtake on straights, even on maximum aggression.
    In the slipstream they lift off before pulling out, completely ruining their chance of an overtake.
    Try the Formula Vintage 67s at Johannesburg historic, with its long straight. In v1.476 the V12 AI would go past the V8 engined cars very well when in the slipstream, but now, and also in build v1.48, the AI lift off all the time. Please could you restore the AI to their previous behaviour in this specific scenario?
    Thanks.

3. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I kinda had that impression too. Can anyone confirm?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Salvatore Sirignano

It would be great if it were fixed for the final v1.5 release, otherwise I'll probably be staying on v1.476 and make do without the Metalmoro and HUD :(

5. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Did you try the following steps?
    - validate your install files trought steam
    - delete/backup old player profile and create a new one
    After a big update those steps should be mandatory in my opinion, I solved a lot of problems even related to AI behaviour

• Like Like x 1
  6. Salvatore Sirignano

Will give that a try and post back, thanks DaVeX. Suspect it's due to the revised AI, and not due to some old settings lurking around my install, as it was better previously!

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

They are likely still balancing some settings. Do you also have Beta to test and report there?

8. Salvatore Sirignano

I don't, but I'm thinking of getting the season pass to download the DLC. I messaged Alex Sawczuk here about it, without reply, but hopefully one of the devs has seen the posts and will investigate...

9. Marc Collins

I just ran a similar race to test and can confirm that the cars don't seem to go flat out on the main straight.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It may indeed need looking into again, but the change in 1.4.9 was to stop them pulling out when several seconds behind - just go back to 1.4.8x and watch fultimate at Spielberg and it's not pretty at all, but it wasn't supposed to stop them when so close behind

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Salvatore Sirignano

Thanks for the reply Alex, and for all the hard work you're putting in to perfect this already outstanding sim. :) It's literally just this issue from my point of view that is detracting a bit from the experience as an offline player, if it were resolved it would be appreciated by many, I'm sure.

12. Marc Collins

I started at the back on purpose. I saw some passing. But it sure seemed that some cars were lifting on the straight. Not sure what would cause that, but it may not be related to passing... I was passing them.

13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista has now been updated to v1.4.92, addressing the main issues that have been raised since the last update:
    • Fixed a CTD when loading a track that has unexpected AIW format whilst parsing for Track Map
    • Improved fuel log calculations in general. Now only log valid complete laps fixing an issue where by garage to s/f line would count as a full lap and result in AI having fuel issues
    • Added an extra 5% safety to AI fuel calculations and adjusted AI fuel strategy in none race modes
    • Revised AI fuel estimates for all cars to much more accurate values
    • HUD time should now show 00:00:00 after time expires on timed sessions
    • Fixed an issue where championship vehicle would not select until you clicked on the driver name
    • Forced load UI Fonts in 32 bit to stop image corruption
    • Fixed a minor issue that Quali Duration would not enable after enabling Qualifying
    • Cleaned out audio code, removed some redudant bits (may solve some potential CTDs in higher AudioFX settings)
    • Updated User Guide with HUD manual
    • Updated light flares on safety cars
    • Save PLR File when going to track and leaving to main menu to address player controller settings not getting saved
    • Fixed a CTD when race finishes online and you are a spectator
    • Fixed a CTD going to garage menu online when you are a spectator
    • Fixed G29 losing FFB when the game loses focus and under other arbitrary conditions
    • Fixed turbo sound in replay bug
    • Removed "Mono Speaker" from config app menu (not supported in Win7 and newer)
    • Adjusted curb sounds of various vehicles
    • Interlagos: Fixed F-Extreme compound restrictions
    • Santa Cruz: Fixed FTruck CTD
    • Londrina: Fixed road white lines in kart layouts
    • F-Ultimate: Revised tire wear for all compounds
    • TC Classics: Fixed wrong Uno Bala asymetrical front ride height; Fixed bug in Uno rear view mirror; Fixed error with 2 Uno cars from B class not appearing
    • F-V12: Corrected missing VX ID in Magenta #12 car
    • F-Classic: Improved edges in analogue cockpit gauges
    • AJR: Fixed rear brake glow clipping rear wing end plate; Fixed slow standing start with Honda Turbo AI cars; fixed inconsistent engine / sound / cockpit settings in a couple of cars
    • Camaro SS: Added Stock car 2017 Safety Car as a driveable option
    • ARC Camaro: Fixed click interior idle sound

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

BIG THANX as usual!
    DC from Germany!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Ike Ramos

Ike Ramos Member AMS2 Club Member

the Uno of Classic is with error in the glasses
    is not working custom glass in the One of Classic B
    if they can correct thank you I am to start organizing a championship with this series

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Erwin

Erwin New Member

Thanks for the update, especially the revised F Ultimate tire wear was applied real quickly :)
    Slightly offtopic, I've three minor annoyances, not new in this version, but maybe someone can conform if it's just me or not:
    1. When selecting a server for the first time after starting AMS, it 'selects' the wrong track (for example: VIR South course, instead of the actual track in use Montreal GP). Going back and reselecting the server solves it, otherwise it just loads the wrong track.
    2. When in the pitbox watching the tv, I can't rewind when watching 'live' tv. Only when I have a certain 'tape delay', I can rewind. So if Im live, it's stuck live and I can't rewatch footage.
    3. Keyboard layout is wrong. I use US International layout in Windows, which is common here, but in-game I get weird characters when trying to type : ? ! etc. A-Z and 0-9 works fine.

17. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula vee rear suspension not connected still not been addressed. This has been a very long time now. ARC can get a click sound fixed but poor old formula vee coninues to be overlooked.

18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The suspension animation system does not allow for proper articulation of the Vee suspension (front and rear), it´s the same issue with any car that doesn´t have a double wishbone suspension (most notable the rear suspension on Supetruck). So not an oversight but rather the fact that in-depth work of the graphics engine was never in the agenda for AMS so unfortunately not much can done about this kind of issue.

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm trying not to be rude, but both front (trailing arm) and rear (swing axle) suspension in F-Vees can be seen as a particular case of a double wishbone suspension. Given the correct attachment points it should work just fine. But I understand it is very far from top priority right now. Anyway, I can elaborate more if needed.

And @Erwin, you can't Rewind live camera, but if you press R, you will be able to.

• Like Like x 1
  20. phoenix7337

phoenix7337 New Member AMS2 Club Member

hi,
    since the update 1.4.92, I have many problems, the most serious is in the sound of the engine of all cars, it sounds a very unpleasant reverb, I have deactivated the reverb, post fx low, it is impossible to play. Thank you for your attention