Automobilista v1.4 is RELEASED, now updated to v1.4.05

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 26, 2017.

1. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry if I missed it but any news on when Hocky 77 and 88 crashing the dedi server when loaded will be fixed?

2. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

something different though. i cant see hockenheim rallycross, is it not out yet? i verified game diles and still cant see it, other layouts work normal.

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

That would be awesome ! Thanks a lot.

4. Frodesa

Frodesa Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried to race the Montana at Brands Hatch GP, but only got the mesh file error related to the arms. Had the same type of error in the beta with the ultima I think.

5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Both these issues should be fixed now.

6. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hockenheim Rallycross is going to be a post-launch addition, similar to the Caterham Supersport in the Brit Pack.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

ahh, good to know.

8. Rodders

Hocky 77 and 88 working now :) - nice one.

9. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

I can't open AMS_prev140_Cams.zip.
    WinZip says it is possibly damaged archive ??

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Rodders

Starting to notice audio crackling on some mod cars - I suspect the audio files for some mod cars are going to need re-sampled to the new 44.1KHz standard?

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I get that on some Reiza cars, too. Unless what you are referring to is more serious than what we have been told is already a known issue?

12. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

First, thanks for the great update.

Doubt with the Formula Classic in Hockenheimring 88. Regardless of the option chosen for the Aero Package, it always keeps the "Low Downforce" option active. Is that how it is, or does it deserve some correction?

Cheers

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I have twice had AMS just suddenly minimize on my screen for no reason. Has never happened in the entire history of AMS usage for me.

I use full screen, am running laps in quali minding my own business not touching keyboard or any steering wheel controls when this happened. Sound and game continues (as I hear my car crash). Pop it back up from the task bar and AMS continues normally. I get a new car by hitting Esc ;)

14. Rodders

I've never noticed this sort of audio crackling before. It's noticeable in car and even more noticeable externally. Had 10 of us in EEC GT3 last night and most of us got it and had never had it before.

As I mentioned I'll re-sample the audio for an affected GT3 car later and let you know if it fixes it. Not noticed on any Reiza cars.

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't see how resampled audio files and not "audio engine changes" would affect mod cars, after all you could add resampled files by yourself before to use less memory, just like you can reduce the mirror size to have some more fps.
    I think one of these options did it

• increased max simultaneous sounds from 32 to 64
    • polished loops and pops in several audio files
    Probably mods that don't use any Reiza default sound files are running fine.

16. Rodders

Good points Will. Need to have a wee poke about and fiddle and learn a bit more on this one :)

17. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

@Rodders @Marc Collins

It's not just resampling; for sound files to work correctly now they need to obey few simple things:
    1) Not go over -0.1dBFS (probably can be stretched to -0.01, but -0.1 is safe)
    2) Not have any DC offset in them
    3) It's best to have them at 44.1kHz SR or 48.0. Not 96.0! Can be 22.05 or 24.0 or 32.0 if you fancy so.

All of this relates to few things, which i'll go in same order as mentioned above:
    1) Clicks you hear is due to files hitting 0dBFS.
    2) Reverb can create some nasty distortion in case of alot of dc offset
    3) less ram less cpu usage in case of 44.1 - any other files are resampled first.

On a final note: for a quick workaround to clicking add this to sfx files:
    Code:
     ResampleFilter=0 
    Resampler filter we introduced for a reason. Previously, with SR lower then 96.0 you'd hear some "bubbly" "computer voice" artifacts when playing sounds, especially when pitching them up/down. Someone who does audio editing can best recognize this as very similar to residual noise that early noise reduction algorithms would produce. I might make a short example of this. Renato posted a screenshot comparing the previous situation using 44.1 kHz and with filter on in last dev update blog.

If there is no ResampleFilter defined at all in sfx file, it should turn off. But as discovered few nights ago, it doesn't work like that. There was a bug in it (well still present in beta and main at this moment), it wouldn't turn off in case you used mod car that didn't have it defined.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

That is usually some program running in the background calling to the foreground.

Indeed, teams only bring low downforce packages to Hockenheim and it should be the faster option so that´s how it´s meant to be - you can only change that to standard wings there by editing TrackConfigBase.ini in the respective vehicle folder, but that will trigger mismatches online.

19. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

This has happened to me a few times when Windows decided to download updates during my gaming sessions. Happened a few times before I figured out what was going on. This could be your problem.

20. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Sorry to bother the developers again and again. But any information about steam achievements?
    Postponed to v1.5?