Automobilista v1.5.1 & Drift Series Out Now (Updated to v1.5.11)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista v1.5.1 is now out - includes a new Drift Series & Game mode, F-Ultimate 2018 series, an updated Interlagos, a comprehensive AI revision, snowed in Buskerud Ice track and a whole set of further updates and fixes.

V1.5.1 is the conclusion of developments that hadn´t been quite wrapped up in time for v1.5 release, along with some bug fixing and general maintenance. Save for some essential bug fixing for an eventual hotfix (and the final DLC, still TBA), this update should conclude Automobilista development. Hopefully it´s been made worth the extra waiting time!

Below is the changelog for v1.5.01 -> V1.5.10:

NEW CONTENT
    • Added Drift Series & Drift game mode
    • Added F-Ultimate 2018 series
    • Added Super F-Dirt series
    • Added Buskerud Ice, Mendig Drift, Foz Tarmac track layouts

GENERAL
    • Fixed a CTD at track load if no sound card was found
    • Increased and added ability to customize number of entries shown on Standings TV Display via customingamelayout.INI
    • Added repair existing damage to escape to pits rules (Semi Realistic and up)
    • Added restoring of Tow to Garage value when rejoining an online game
    • Adjusted Driver Labels to only show a users RaceRank score online if they have a score (higher than 0)
    • Fixed an issue where font shadows bleed through when text is fading out (Driver Labels)
    • Added UI option to completely disable XInput detection
    • Reduced size of final cut track warning message as it overran the TV Overlay background.
    • Fixed an issue where a users PB lap times were registered as the fastest overall lap in a race online
    • Fixed wheel rotation not being locked on external / non cockpit cameras (when driver is visible)
    • Minor optimizations to audio code
    • Kick both users if two join with the same steam id on a RaceRank server
    • Added a reason digit when users are kicked from a RaceRank server

AI
    • Comprehensive Revision of AI Code resulting in better racing abilities throughout
    • Fixed Turbo Data not getting reset for AI when loading a new vehicle (could lead to AIs running out of fuel)
    • AI are now also restricted by limited tire sets setting (along with some basic strategical decisions)
    • Adjusted AI brake usage
    • Updated AI Aggression scalars for all cars to a more consistent baseline
    • Fixed an issue with AI lifting off when passing at the start finish line
    • Added HDV Param AIPassLatScalar - This is how much extra space a car leaves to pass when overtaking when they have 0% aggression (default is 2 meters plus a base 0.5m)
    • Added HDV Param AIForcePassCarLength - This is the distance in car lengths behind the car ahead that the AI will greatly increase their likelyhood to attempt a pass. Default is 0.6, higher, 1.0 or so recommended for slower cars

CONTENT FIXES & UPDATES
    • Interlagos: Updated 2017 version to include latest Cafe chicane layout, curb design & other cosmetic updates
    • Hockenheim: Removed dust from road on the left entering stadium section in historic layouts
    • Ibarra: Slightly improved AI performance in both layouts
    • Fixed various Z-fighting & other graphical glitches at Montreal, Adelaide, Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Brands Hatch, Cadwell, Imola, Guapore, Curitiba, Caruaru, Campo Grande, Cordoba, Goiania, Jacarepagua, Johannesburg, Kansai, Santa Cruz, Taruma, Velocittá
    • Bumped up default night brightness for slightly better night time visibility
    • Set default fuel load for all cars to half tank capacity
    • Updated AJR, F-Vintage, F-Dirt realfeel FFB values
    • Adjusted aero effects on wake for F-V12, F-V10, F-Reiza, F-Extreme
    • Caterham: Reduced team names
    • SuperV8: Talent files typo fixes
    • TC Classics: Adjusted clutch torque to avoid slipping on some cars; Fixed engines with wrong sound emission positions; AI tweaks; Fixed typo on Fusca 04 team
    • Montana: Small tire model adjustment
    • FTruck: Adjusted fuel estimation & adjustable boost innacurately allowed in FC Truck
    • F-V10: full team names to avoid mixing up in all cars / tracks; Increased downshift protection to avoid engine blow-ups
    • AJR: Bumped up Judd V10 engine blowup thrasholds to fix excessive failures
    • MCR200: Moved default brake bias slightly forward

GENERAL NOTES:

Server weekly schedule & Time Trial of the Week are now displayed dynamically on the game´s opening screen.

Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled LogitechG29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

If you have any issues following this update or for whatever reason wish to revert to the previous v1.5.01, you may do so by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 20
    • Like Like x 16
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

rekt video

edit: not anymore

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. fisicoF1

fisicoF1 New Member

Anyone else unable to see his/her own server after the update? Have applied the update to the server aswell, ofc.

4. Synystr

Synystr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Whose clips did you end up using? Did I make it in there? :D

(It's been a while since submission, I forgot where and what I was driving)

5. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Pavel Koshkin

Last two scenes definitely you :)

6. Javi288

Javi288 Member AMS2 Club Member

Right now, while the update is downloading. Anyone else with this notice in Windows 10?

Captura.PNG

7. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Another milestone in a great adventure. Thanks as always Reiza dudes!

8. Gilles Lalonde

Gilles Lalonde MotherDawg

Great update, Thank You.

RealFeelplugin.ini

With the previous version, 1.5.01, VehicleDelimiterSize was at 16. (~?)
    *** START of EDIT ***
    Well... big error buzzer... as stated below, 1.5.01 also had it at 5.
    Finding no valid reason for having short cryptic mod name, I must have changed it right after I purchased and installed the game. It's a sure thing 57 entries times the number of cars in each would make quite an imposing RealFeelplugin.ini file.
    *** END of EDIT ***

In this new version, 1.5.1, VehicleDelimiterSize is at 5!
    Default VehicleDelimiterSize for Realfeel version 0.9.3.6 is = 64.

With a long VehicleDelimiterSize, it allows us to have independent Realfeel settings for different cars inside the same series. At five...
    Personally, I always use the longest as "the more info the better".
    I had backed up my stuff so I'm not at a loss but I fear most users just lost all of their Realfeel settings, defaults and all.

It would be great if in your next title, you could use a technique like RPM based Linux:
    The common strategy for config files involves *rpmnew and *rpmsave files.
    These permit the packager to not clobber changes one may have done or might need to remember.
    For example after updating Apache on one box one could see:
    /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.rpmnew
    This is the default /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file but since your file could contain important specific changes, it is not overwritten.
    When updates involve default config file settings that are obsolete, the newer file is installed but the old file renamed as something.rpmsave.

Not really difficult and would prevent lots of aggravations.

HF

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  9. Wergilius

Wergilius Member AMS2 Club Member

I had an backup from February, in this file value is 5

But I don't know what this value is doing, and google suggest keep it and some say set it to 17
    And other say they fixed the reelfeel ini to adapt to the standard 5
    :confused:

10. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a minor update on it's way out to the dedi release, if you update it again once it's propagated out you should see your server.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Must be a false positive, what AV is that?

It´s always been 5 by default, all that does is define the char length to pick from the description parameter in the .VEH files to sort Realfeel settings for each car, ex:

[Stock]
    MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-2500.000000
    SteeringDamper=11500.000000
    FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
    FrontGripEffect=0.000000
    SmoothingLevel=2
    Kf=6000.000000
    Ks=5.000000
    A=1.000000
    Kr=7.000000

Your previous version must have been a modified one.

12. Javi288

Javi288 Member AMS2 Club Member

Windows Defender. Yes, I think it must be a false positive. Then i checked the file AMS.EXE with the AV and it doesn't detect anything.

Thanks Renato.

13. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Great update, a quick question for @Renato Simioni...where are the "bigger" dirt cars?
    I want to know that DLC content!!!!
    (There are several bets running between us lol)

14. Synystr

Synystr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes! I was waiting for what felt like years haha

15. Gilles Lalonde

Gilles Lalonde MotherDawg

Ooops!

I did have a question mark next to it, I must have changed the VehicleDelimiterSize on the same day I installed it.

But none the less, guys that had adjusted it to their own liking, months of tweaking, just lost everything.
    And as I said, with a longer VehicleDelimiterSize, using one car or another, in the same mod gives:
    [SupV8: Magnus Trikson #35] That can have a set of specific Realfeel settings,
    and
    [SupV8: Thiago Branco #29] Than can have a totally different FFB set for testing or for a different wheel.

I ended up renaming the original file and restarting with a newly created RealFeelplugin.ini file and editing all the defaults, like VehicleDelimiterSize, to my own liking.

I "kind" of understand that It could be overwhelming for less harden simmers.
    Simplifying it this way enables each series to have a different feel.

Thank You.

16. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

I may be a bit weird, but this is what got me most excited!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Racing Heart

Racing Heart New Member

Noting some changes to the AI's blue flag logic, and I'm not sure I like what I'm seeing. In Boxer Cup + AJR Metalmoro multiclass, the slower Boxers will slow way down even in situations where both classes could safely run full throttle with no time loss. For single class racing this behavior is okay, but I enjoy multiclass in this game more than many others. Would using a low Courtesy value in the AI driver talent files be a good workaround this?

EDIT: Lower Courtesy values are not a work around the AI drivers' blue flag logic

18. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well wouldn't miss this.... had to be here thanks for the journey a great polished sim that's needed on this market thanks reiza!! All the best guys

19. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

I hope this isn't the end and we'll have Reiza for a long time. Thanks you guys!

20. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

Thanks Reiza great stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.