Automobilista v1.5.24 out now - Hotfixed to v1.5.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Javier Lanzas Gonzalez Many of the tracks in the AMS1 Ultimate Track Pack have since been updated and released separately. Search for the individual listings at RaceDepartment.

2. Javier Lanzas Gonzalez

Javier Lanzas Gonzalez New Member

I have seen what is in Racedepartment, but the quality and the updated with what you have done in AMS2 has no comparison, it would be unbelievable that that same circuit was in AMS, we are a group of Spaniards who run a lot in Jerez and it has impacted us of AMS2. Thank you

3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Javier Lanzas Gonzalez While I would like to claim credit (and the profits!) for modelling Jerez in AMS2, I should explain that I have absolutely no connection with Reiza. :) They hire talented people. :(;)

4. Javier Lanzas Gonzalez

Javier Lanzas Gonzalez New Member

I hope they add it to the AMS content as they did with Snetterton and Donington :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wexodius

Wexodius Member AMS2 Club Member

@Javier Lanzas Gonzalez
    I am sorry, but you are having unrealistic expectations hoping that Reiza will bring the track Jerez into AMS1. Their focus lies on AMS2, sorry to burst your bubble.

6. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Kind of a shame, Jerez is such a fun track, but yeah it wont be coming to AMS1.

7. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Why can't you map TC and ABS to buttons on your wheel?

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, an AMS1 question:

Does anyone have huge FPS drops, lap by lap getting worse, when using the Fanatec Driver 380 and connected firmwares? (CSL and CSW users in particular)

I already had stuttering issues, connected to usage of a Fanatec device, when using the 1.5.24 build, but this phenomenon showed up after the last 3 or 4 Windows updates, with newer Fanatec drivers and firmware in combination.
    The FPS fluctuation and drops disappear, when disconnecting the wheel.

9. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

@CrimsonEminence lookup AMS1 beta topic in reiza51 pls, we had such issues when updating Fanatec SDK and there were causes and solutions to what you describe,
    iirc @Marc Collins had a great deal of slowdown issues.

I do understand for you it started with driver updates, versions which were distant future at the time of "original" issues, but it's worth to revisit tried things.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

It started with every driver, higher than 328, with its included firmwares after windows got an update some months ago.

Before that, it was already wonky with FPS/stutter/tearing, when the wheel was plugged in, but was actually eliminable by unplugging the wheel, while in the car and plugging it in again (or switching between PC->PS4->PC mode with the CSL). This is now not possible anymore...i found the override function in the controller.ini and will test this, next...

11. CrimsonEminence

v1.5.16 is stable overall. (had winXP compatibility activated, forgot to deactivate, this solved some FPS problems, when using the old firmware and drivers, forgot about that) Decent FPS, still sometimes dropping a bit harsh from 220, but doesn't drop under 130 FPS most of the time. FFB feels actually better, less clipping, more steering forces and more fine detail, for some reason.

v1.5.3r and 1.5.24 are crashing, when on track, pressing ESC and exit to the pits.

It's definetly unstable, with the versions, that feature the Fanatec settings in the controls menu. I tried the override option, no change.

I'm inclined to ask, if there is a DIY possibility to completely revert the Fanatec controller workwise to the v1.5.16 one, while keeping v1.5.24/3r? :whistle:

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I am away from my rig for an extended period, but interesting that I just updated Fanatec 380 when I was home briefly and testing AMS 2 latest beta. I was noticing more exaggerated frame rate swings (particularly downward) than usual. I didn't connect it with the driver and firmware update, but it very well could be related. Did not run AMS. I hope @CrimsonEminence will do lots more investigation before I return so I can revert if necessary :)

13. Domagoj Lovric

It shouldn't affect ams2, as it's multithreaded, only if some major system hickkup related to newer driver hoggs resources, - such thing may maniphest itself as game slowdown.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Domagoj Lovric

There are some controller.ini settings where extended features can be disabled all together.
    Last bug standing which I believe we had fixed internally but didn't push yet, combination of thrustmaster and fanatec pieces of hardware causing crashes.

You can run with trace log and attach it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

Do you know the lines?
    Interesting, i use a TH8A, indeed. Will test later, after unplugging it^^
    I will do so later in 1.5.24/1.5.3r...probably not today anymore, but very interesting insight!
    The FFB on the CSW here is nice with 380 and firmware bundle, to be honest. High frequencies and "noisy accelerations" in FFB are more pronounced, you can differentiate even better, when touching anything off-track. Maybe playing with the For setting could make sense, endured steering forces are a bit weaker than the 328 config. Overall "clarity" is higher, though.

16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What helped for me was deleting a file. I think its was d3d9.dll or so. Also that removed stuttering, and using the native instead of the fancy hud helped.

Thank me later!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  17. CrimsonEminence

It's not a GPU dependent issue. It's controller-related. FPS and functionality are normal without activated wheel.

18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm. I will test tonight.

19. Domagoj Lovric

@CrimsonEminence
    You can try setting Fanatec rumble override="1" to disable rumble motors as first test,

second you can try this and then see if there is any change:

Fanatec controllers special features update rate="0"

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Interesting...that's exactly how I would describe my impression of the new driver and firmware, too (in AMS 2). But didn't get a chance to use it enough to bother articulating it here or even to myself until I read your comment.