Bizarre gearing - F-Vintage

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Artur Borowski, Apr 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Artur Borowski

Artur Borowski New Member

Hey guys,
    thought I'd share this as a minor bug report thing.

I saved a custom setup for the 1967 F-Vintage car, reloaded it later, and for some reason transmission... just broke. Gear 1 got extra long, gears 4th and 5th disappeared from the setup graph, and ratio values had some extra zeroes to them - something like 10000/30 and such. Car still accelerated somehow, and the game remained stable.

But when I re-reloaded the file to screenshot the setup screen, it worked well again. Huh.
    Earlier in the session I ran a single race with a single AI driver, which also looked amiss - computer opponent reaching around 280kph in 4th which is pretty much impossible around Indianapolis - unless setting the difficulty to 120% affects AI's engine power or something like that. Perhaps game forgot to un-rubberband the physics / logic?

So, nothing game-breaking, but worth posting nevertheless I think - even as a curiosity.

2. Artur Borowski

Artur Borowski New Member

Update - happened again, got a screenshot.
    [​IMG]

Edit to not triple-post - from what I gather the file itself is screwing everything up, so I'm attaching it below. Not sure if this is linked, but my game has since broken the default setups too, integrity check didn't see anything wrong so I'm redownloading it now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  3. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Some cars have a v8, others a v12. That happens when you use a setup made with the other engine. I think they are compatible for the suspension but the gearing is not.

• Agree Agree x 1