1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bouncing and unround tyres (new) messes up FFB.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Interceptor, Feb 4, 2024.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

No, on the contrary, these settings he uses massively increase the vibrations and oscillations

2. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

Ok, this is just what I ended up with after I got fed up of all the tinkering :)
    I am open for suggestions! Let me know what you would change and I'll give it a go. I got knocked out of the top 5 spot on some of my favourite cars/tracks so got some driving to do :p

3. Danielkart

In the game:

LFB to 7: Increases vibrations, you don't need it for your base
    FX at 43: Increases your vibrations, is too high for your base
    Damping to 50: Increases vibrations, better set to 0

Fanatec Fanalab:

SEN at 360°: makes no sense and creates massive vibrations. In rally games it sometimes makes sense to reduce this value to achieve less steering intervention. Set this value to “Automatic” and the game will set the correct steering angle for each car. Then calibrate your wheel in the game to 900° or 1080°.
    NDP at 70%: Far too high, that dampens the whole FFB

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

Thanks, I'll have a go at it :)

SEN: Auto
    NDP: 25
    LFB: 0
    FX: 20
    DAMPING: 0

I also found the post where I got those values: Automobilista 2 (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings - Page 2

BTW: Do you recommend PC mode or comp. mode for de DD ?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  5. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

Thanks for the suggestions but I'll stick to my old settings for the greatest part.
    Some raw feedback (HiTech Gen2 mdl 2 @ Kylami) :
    - SEN auto makes the car slow to turn in, I had understeer all the time => reverted to 360°
    - NDP low means I could drive with 1 finger and even small corrections made the car spin out. this feels like driving a toy car :D => now set at 60%
    - LFB at 0 feels "dull". I want to feel the bumps in the track because I use them for reference on breaking points for ex. => Reverted to 7, higher is too much "noise" in the straights, lower settings i don't even seem to notice.
    - FX at 20 was do-able but hitting the last curb on Kylami didn't feel right for me, it felt like I drove over a sticker :D => back at 43
    - Damping at 0 was a good result, took +1 sec of my lap and I could go of my steeringwheel on the straights under accel & braking => so this one stays :)

AFAIK the custom ffb file I use is only edited to remove te engine vibrations (orig. rFuktor 5.0.1.3).
    Also, I use 100% FFB settings on all cars by default - on the hard to hardle ones I start at 90% until I can take the training wheels off (TC).

6. Danielkart

No problem, you have to drive it, not me :DTo each his own;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. audio.pizarro

audio.pizarro New Member

I can feel your need for more curb and road effects, it can be a bit boring on long straights when nothing happens in the wheel so I had LFB and FX quite high for a while. Especially the long straights at Le Mans made me boost these effects. But I always struggled with low speed corner exits, couldn't feel if the front axle needs any correction. There was always a force overshadowing the loss of grip or the self aligning torque. I have LFB and FX at 0 at the moment and it feels much more dynamic. That does not mean there are no curbs, bumps and road effects, it's all there, just not translated into vibrations I guess.

That could be very different in your case, I have no experience with DD wheels. With my G923 experience I would say it's very important to do many laps in different cars just concentrating on the perfect gain and damping settings and learn what the front axle can tell you. If you ask the FFB for something more, you will get it but important information may get lost under the desired effect.
    If you just want to feel more curb effects for example, maybe you could try higher values in your custom FFB file for that one thing only.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024