1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bouncy cars

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Gasngrip, Jan 6, 2022.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

2. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Thats a pretty nifty looking wheel…:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Thank you.
    But just as my last derailing and to brag a bit then this is my diy mount for the normally free in the air holding SRW-S1.
    The clamp is from an old Thrustmaster Modena toy wheel :p

5_MG_7107_shp.JPG

4. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Briefly following up on this. I did some testing with another car with a 3rd element at Daytona. The right rear was indeed bottoming out so I suspect the soft rear main springs is the culprit.

The reliance on the 3rd element for pitch control works beautifully on GP style tracks.
    However there is a flaw using this setup method at a place like Daytona where the right rear is receiving large amounts of asymmetrical loading. So much in fact it just chews through the bumpstops! And 3rd spring is simply not engaging to provide the appropriate rear stiffness.

For cars with 3rd elements at Daytona, the setup philosophy will have to be more traditional. Relying on the main springs, especially in the rear.

There is also a complication with the exit of the Daytona road section. There are some rather large track bumps that affect the right rear as well.

The main straight at Interlagos has similar track “ripples”, but it might be a different problem which has to do with 3rd element spring frequencies.

Ill investigate that with ultimate as well. There might be some room for improvement with the damper LS/HS transition speeds which are locked and static in AMS2 (for now).

A default that handles all of the above may be illusive, but you are being heard. If there is anything that can be done, ill find it.

For now, keep trying different things for Daytona especially and let me know.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1