Boxer Cup Car FFB big problem, very weird

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by menacegtr, Apr 30, 2022.

1. menacegtr

menacegtr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just reinstalled AMS 1 after a few years and wow is it still good, however I have this strange problem with only the Boxer Cup cars, the FFB is just awful, it just wants to spin wright out of my hand and it feels vey springy and as soon as I steer it just wants to shoot round. With a DD its very dangerous. All the other cars I tested are perfect and I tested quite a few, Is there any thing I am missing? has anyone else had, having the same issue. I have my steering set up per car, so if its 540 in game I set it up in the Simucube setup

2. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

You mean if you steer to the right the wheel will shoot to the right?
    This behaviour i know from mod cars where RealFeel settings are wrong.
    But never heared of it with original cars.
    Allready checked integrity of installed files?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  3. menacegtr

I just didn't think about doing that until you suggested doing it. I thought it was just a FFB setup issue, but it seems to have fixed it, apparently 96 files were missing, have got solid FFB back. Should have done that in the first place. Thanks friend for your help

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Glad you sorted it out, mate! :)

5. menacegtr

6. menacegtr

Sorry messed that message up

7. menacegtr

@Periophtalmus Spintirus:)[Thanks to you bud
    while your here, I have been messing with practice mode in single race. Is there any way to set the amount of time, say all the 4 practice slots at 10 mins each or just one of them, any amount of time really, seems to default to an hour? I don't know if its me or if it cant be done, cant see any way to set the amount of time per session
    Tell you what my friend I am absolutely loving AMS 1, forgotten just how good this sim is, fantastic FFB and AI racing is the best. Its been a few years since I had this on the SSD but made way for AMS 2, should have been arrested really for that

8. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Hi
    I'm sort of "hotlapping guy" so i'm not so aware of the race mode options. But i will take a look into it!
    I personally have installed AMS1 all the time and using it especially for the things (still) not avaiable in AMS2 or other racing games.:)
    Waiting hard for Stadium Supertrucks, RallyX, Mendig, Pacecar, FCY ..... coming to AMS2. :whistle:
    And not to forget the huge ammount of outstanding mods available...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. menacegtr

Totally agree with you my friend, i am obsessed again with this sim. On the wanting stuff to port over as well as mentioned i would love to see the Metalmoro MR18 so lets see. Regarding the practice sessions in a race, there are 4 slots but it seems every car i have tried has a different amount of time set per session if you know what i mean. AMS 2 has this function to alter how much time to have for a practice session. Tell you what though, AMS isn't being deleted

10. Periophtalmus Spintirus

You're right man! Forgot about the MR18. Just drove it yesterday around some brasilian tracks! o_O
    And yes. You can set the number of practice sesions 0-4 but the length of a session seems to be fixed to one hour. Haven't found anything to change this neither...:(

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  11. menacegtr

Thanks for looking my friend, maybe its just the way it is. I have asked on numerous occasions about older AMS content coming across to AMS 2, may be one day