1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Bias issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by BRIAN ROGERS, May 18, 2021.

1. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Reiza developers, I believe the Porsche GT3s and the Cup cars all have too much rear brake bias on default settings, cars just spin out under hard braking. With that said, any thoughts on always allowing drivers to adjust Brake Bias, Traction Control and ABS even when lobby's are set to default, similar to the tyre compound setting? I think this would really enhance the game, wouldn't change the handling so it'd still be fair across the board, just make it more fun to drive.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely agree to the above ^^^

• Like Like x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont really understand this.
    Do you mean that restricting these settings will enhance the game in a positive way?
    If thats what you mean then why not restrict changing all settings - because then the game would be positively enhanced even further - right?

4. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

The Whole Point of Default Setup, is that it is Default, the Tyre Type/Pressure should not be able to be altered, That way, every car is Equal, And it is then down to driver skill.

That's not to say the Default Setups could use some work, But the problem here is we are all on different kit Peripheral wise.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. BrunoB

They have the same kind of discussion in iRacing where people defending pure fixed setups does argument that even using auto clutch does give some people an unfair advantage.
    So that should be restricted.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Next thing will probably be some restrictions against DD wheels - or load cell pedals - because...:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No it is not, drivers who like the default setup(s) have a big advantage.
    Camera view, FOV, Headmovement all personal things people can adjust to feel more comfortable and go faster.
    (and what about the gear, would you like everyone uses the same hardware too?)

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. BrunoB

Forthermore its difficult to critisise this "We demand races with unpersonal default/fixed setups for all" - without sounding like an elitist prick.:D
    But I think that messing a bit with setups in a racing game which is titulated "a sim"(ulation) should be pretty natural.:rolleyes:
    I mean there are a lot of racing games which is created for casual drivers without either knowledge or any intention to mess even slightly with setups - so...:whistle:

8. Peter Stefani

I think what the point was, was that users have varying types of brake pedals, and they all work differently, so limiting the brake functions and settings can be very difficult for some situations. Potentiometer vs. load cell is a good comparison.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

@SaxOhare, Adjust what you like, if you cant drive fast, you cant drive fast, A skilled driver will get in any car and will go quick, regardless of setup, An unskilled driver with all the aids on max Wont.

With regards the Kit, Then yes I would like to see the option to restrict by Peripheral type, A joypad won't fight back like my Simucube 2U does.

J

10. Peter Stefani

When you see things like "I'd like to see", and "With all the various kits", then having a true fixed platform with fixed set ups that are not really optimized for anyone, really defeats the whole idea of a fixed anything.
    It should be left up to a particular group of drivers in a league to decide collectively what their format is for racing in their league.
    Tires, Brake settings, and FFB should probably be a driver preference. Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1