1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake pedal causing lock-up

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by NTUL, May 30, 2020.

1. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

Uh. Because it's normal?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

100% of brake pressure has never been normal, jump in your car and slam the brake pedal to 100% and see what happens, that's if you can even get it past about 75%, it will lock instantly.
    The issue is that your pedal allows 100% without any resistance, so you need either a mod, a good set of pedals, or just be more gentle on application.

3. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

Uhm... Are you telling me that a F3 Dallara driver doesn't apply full press on pedal to brake the car from 230 km/h to 80 km/h in the first part of braking?

Obviously, my car isn't a F3 car, or any other street car isnt 'a a F3 car, so the comparison, I'm sorry, but it's a bad one.

4. vortex

vortex Member

In high-downforce cars slowing from high speed, you should be able to apply full braking until the speed/downforce start to reduce significantly. Watch videos of Hamilton during qualifying with telemetry. Many braking points are initially full pressure, sometimes for a few seconds at the end of a long straight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

The Metalmoro AJR Chevy V8, for example, has a (MUCH!) more better behaviour.
    Look at this. (With Authentic ABS, so the ABS' car, OFF or HIGH is the same)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  6. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

Compairing to this (NOTE: I'm not compairing the two cars, but we are talking of two professional race cars that, it's supposed, must apply the full press on pedal for a violent braking from above 230 km/h.

7. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

In real life there is no such thing as full pressure on the brake. The telemetry has an arbitrary clipping point that any brake pressure applied above that does not get displayed. That is why you have flat parts to the max brake pressure in real telem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Here is some old telemetry that doesn't have the modern clipping

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A non-ABS system is a simple, mechanical arrangement. The more pressure you add to the pedal, the more braking you have. If you press the pedal too hard, the tyres will break traction and stop rotating.

Phases 2:
    When we are applying the brakes we don’t want to shock the car, which will cause it to break traction. In the same breath, we don’t want to take too long to get to maximum braking capacity. It’s a fine line to get this perfectly and this phase requires a lot of feel.

The Ultimate Guide to Braking on Track - Video Tutorial

Keep in mind this is not the real world, i think the simulation of the need to build pressure and not shock the brakes in AMS2 is good

braking.JPG my braking, according pcars-profiler

10. vortex

vortex Member

Not in a high-downforce car braking from high speed. F1 cars don’t use ABS and the drivers talk about stamping hard on the brakes from high speed - that’s why they can brake so late for corners. At high speed in an F1 car the downforce can double the weight of the car. I’d agree with you for low or non-downforce cars which can more easily lock the wheels with harsh pedal inputs.

11. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

Post deleted. (My wrong conclusion)

12. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

So, why on the Metalmoro with ABS OFF I can press full pedal without any, or almost any, squeal?