1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

How do you know that car in the video is not a G3 M1 or M2 equipped with the sequential transmissions? How do you even know if it is the same year of car since the AMS 2 cars are fantasy amalgamations of various cars? Did sequential and H-pattern ever mix in the same year in the real F1?

2. DINOSSAUROHUMANO

DINOSSAUROHUMANO New Member

Track & Layout Used: Adelaide (new and old)
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: When u drive the car its like it has ice/soap on the track, and the car keep spining up and at the same time it feels stuck. It was normal at first, but after an uptade it happened, and the last update (17/04) didn't correct it.
    Steps to reproduce: Just go to Adelaide with any car and try to drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cliff

Cliff Member

DANGER!
    Track & Layout Used
    : Monaco
    Car Used: Tracks
    Applicable Settings: FFB
    Report: As soon as you enter the session the truck has crashed in the garage, has a smashed windscreen and any FFB equipment, including motion platform and rubble devices, will go mad. A great way to damage youe expensive equipment and hurt yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Check the temp of the track. It happened to me and it was icy below 0 degrees. Change date/time and you should be good if I'm right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it's a M3 because it's a Brabham Judd V8, and not a V12 (M1) or V10(M2). M3 simulates a V8 car, like it was a Benetton, Tyrrell, Brabham, Dallara,..., in the time of 1990 till 1992. But if you compare different V8 cars starting from 1988 (the non turbo-engines) almost no one need a complete throttle lift for shifting (it doesn't matter if steering-wheel-paddle-shift or by gearstick).
    I don't want to say it's a bug, I love to have much more differences between cars except engine power. But there's always the question on which base car REIZA goes back....everything is more or less clear for the different models and their features, but not for shifting in G3M3
    The mix of sequential and H-pattern was till mid 1980 normal as well as 5-speed and 6-speed transmission. At the end of 1980 there was still the one or the other car with a H-pattern, for example low budget teams like EuroBrun, Coloni, Rial
    take a look here: EuroBrun ER188 6-speed manual: EuroBrun ER188 - Wikipedia
    But for the 1990s I don't know which car (except one old model out of the 80s) still had a H-pattern..

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Marc Collins

If you know all this, not sure what is confusing? Each G3 has a different transmission type, simulating the era accurately according to you. Am I missing something? It's only the era that will ever be simulated, not specific cars, because none of this is officially licensed.

7. alink

REIZA is focused so deep into technics that the cars which they simulate aren't really fictional. I think they use a real base and modify so there's no licence problem. This makes it so excited to find out which car they used. For the G3M3 the best fitting car is imo the Benetton B191 from 1991. But since my first roll out with this car I'm confused with shifting, it doesn't really fit to that or any other V8 car which participate continously at the F1 season between 1990 and 1993. After research I found out that, so far it's correct, some of the low budget teams, which often failed in pre-quali, had a manual transmission.
    I don't have a problem with that I was just wondering.
    But I love that REIZA makes more differences between the models than only engine power and to built in different technics which were used in that time. And so there's another challenge to compete against the higher powered V10 and V12 with semi-automatic sequential transmission -- everything is OK!

8. Alexis

Alexis New Member

Track & Layout Used: All tracks
    Car Used: All cars
    Applicable Settings: All
    Report: D-BOX Motion Integration issue. Please contact on DM. Thanks.
    Steps to reproduce:

9. Marc Collins

A huge challenge!

Can you name someone in real F1 who rose to that challenge?

10. alink

maybe the most successful drivers had been:
    -1993 Ayrton Senna with his underpowered McLaren Ford V8 against Alain Prost with his super Williams Renault V10. He gained 5 wins and 2nd in classification, more than in 1992 with Honda V12 (3 wins and 4th in classification)
    -1994 Michael Schumacher with his low powered Benetton Ford V8 against Damon Hill with his Williams Renault V10. He won the championship
    **but they had a semi-automatic-gearbox**

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Just experienced this at Historic Imola '72

12. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs New Member

Track & Layout Used: VIRginia International Raceway Full
    Car Used: MRX Honda Turbo
    Applicable Settings: AI at 120.
    Report: AI cuts across track to enter pits.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive several laps following an AI car. After some laps the AI will dive to the pits right after the turn exit cutting across the overtaking line. This can cause a collision with an overtaking car. The AI should stay to the pit entry side of the track when entering the pits.

13. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs New Member

Track & Layout Used: VIRginia International Raceway Full
    Car Used: MRX Honda Turbo
    Applicable Settings: AI at 120.
    Report: The front end of AI cars hop when running down pit lane.
    Steps to reproduce: Sit in the pits and observe the AI cars doing their dance.

14. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer race
    Report: If in an online multiplayer race and you access the menu whilst moving on track then the FFB remains active so when you crash the wheel violently turns. FFB should be deactivated when the menu is active.
    Steps to reproduce: Join multiplayer race, go down one of the straights, press ESC to bring up in game menu, wait till car crashes.

15. Dynasty911

Dynasty911 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Kansai
    Applicable Settings: Night race
    Report: So not sure if bug or what, but in VR and 29 AI, Kansai at night makes it really hard for my pc, tested other tracks and its fine, afaik night lights at kansai were reworked so might still be possible to do something.
    Steps to reproduce: Just go to Kansai and load lots of AI at night, you will notice it will use more resources than other tracks.

Pc specs:
    CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x (I know)
    Ram: 16GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.
    GPU: RTX 2080
    HMD: Oculus CV1

16. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Track & Layout Used: Goiania Full.
    Car Used: Puma GTB
    Applicable Settings: Clear weather, all default settings.

Report: I think there's a coding issue in the 'Advanced' (And possibly first) setup screens. When hovering your mouse over car settings, you can hear multiple 'Blip' noises on everything except 'Fuel' at the top left.
    And as you hover over the first two sections, (Engine/electronics), and (Front differential)...You get some text appearing in the right hand side for rear differential that says ''Ratcheting', it disappears as you move your mouse towards it.

Also the pit speed limiter doesn't work here for at least a couple of cars (Caterhams/Karts) - EDIT: Intended realism regards which cars have a pit limiter. All good!
    Steps to reproduce: Edit setup on the Puma GTB at Goiania full track. You can hear the multiple 'Blip' noises, also watch the 'Rear diff' section for text appearing/disappearing.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  17. Marc Collins

Many, many cars do not have a pit limiter in real life--they don't in AMS 2, either. UI doesn't accurately reflect this yet, but the action (or inaction) of the vehicle does.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Aye, just realised after having had a go in the F3 and old F1 stuff, which is...Well, I can't stop bloody smiling. :D
    It's going to take me forever to get through the cars because once I'm in one, I just can't stop!
    In fact just the 620R I didn't get on with so far, seemed to have an odd amount of understeer, but may have just been a car/track bug as the front tyres never seemed to warm up.

19. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Kalayami
    Car Used: P4 Metalmoro MRX Duratec
    Applicable Settings: Weather - clear to cloudy
    AI Skill/Agression: 120 / 50
    Report: Ai's are slow because I know I'm not a fast driver. I'm 2 seconds faster than them. Another issue is, I did qualifying session 2x just to make sure, my position changes randomly and not from the outcome of the qualifying session.
    Steps to reproduce: Just do the qualfying session.

On another note, same car but in Spielberg Historic 1974 with same Ai skill/agression, I'm 4 seconds faster.

20. Alice Cooper

Alice Cooper Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch Indy, Cadwell Park, Campo Grande (these three tried but might occur on all tracks?)
    Car Used: F - Reiza, F-Ultimate and F-V12
    Applicable Settings: Custom race single 10 lap offline race.
    Report: Using a Logitech G27 wheel set up. At the start of the race you simply remain in neutral. It is not possible to engage gears using the G27 paddle shifters.
    Steps to reproduce:Happens every time as described above with those three cars. For reference this problem does not occur with other cars tested so far, including the F-V10.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020