1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. mansell

mansell Member

hi danny.
    you can configure your controller for AMS2 (or any other game that support controllers) via steam. several tutorial on web and vids on youtube
    here is one

2. Rodrigo Dutra

Rodrigo Dutra Don Perina Racing AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.2.2.0
    Track & Layout Used: Londrina Kart
    Car Used: Kart Shifter 125cc
    Report: Only in the replay the driver has some glitches in the image plus a wierd driver animation
    Steps to reproduce: Just run a replay mode

20210802175913_1.jpg

3. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Hockenheimring (seems to happen with any track)
    Car Used: Porsche GTE (seems to happen with any car)
    Applicable Settings: Default 'Time Trial' Settings
    Report: When playing in VR, frame rates vary drastically (~50% variance in my system) in Time Trial mode (maybe others too, but untested) from session to session despite identical/constant session settings (graphics fx, graphic performance, weather, time of day, car, track, etc). Frame rate range seems deterministic based on session start. For example: Session begins and frame rates start at 90 FPS and are maintained with very little fluctuation regardless of time spent on track in session, until session is exited. Then, if session is restarted without any changes made to anything, frame rates drop to 60 FPS with more intra-session FPS variability. CPU load seems drastically increased in these reduced FPS situations, despite staying in game the entire time. If I had to guess, about 25% of the time, I get the high-FPS state, and the rest of the time I get the low-FPS state.
    Steps to reproduce: Boot up AMS2 in SteamVR mode, have fpsVR tool visible, setup graphic settings that push the GPU towards max utilization, but do not push CPU towards max, then select Time Trial mode, and try multiple sessions, either staying in game between session restarts/exits, or restarting game altogether.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Historic Kyalami (but probably not relevant)
    Car Used: 911 RSR 1974 and P3 Duratec (but probably any car will do)
    Report: VR centring doesn't seem to work, with your head being placed roughly on the centreline of the car. I have tried centring in the Oculus menu and the Steam menu, but this makes no difference. I have tried PC2 and rF2 and they both centre the view correctly.
    Steps to reproduce: Choose to run AMS2 in either Oculus VR or Steam VR, get into a car (I used a test session) and press the centre VR button you previously mapped. Your viewpoint will change, but will not be above the driver's shoulders.

EDIT: For some reason, the default camera was not cockpit. I don't know what it was because it was in the cockpit, but not the cockpit view. I had to bind a button to change from the view I had always previously used to cycle to the one that is the proper cockpit view (I use VR, so there is only one view I'd want to use, and it wasn't the view that the last update changed it to).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  5. ALAIN LEFEBVRE

ALAIN LEFEBVRE Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Report:
    Since this new version (1.2.2.0), I have lost the ability to change gear manually. Even by redefining the setting several times (I have a Fanatec CSL Elite steering wheel which still works very well on other simulations, rFactor2 among others), nothing to do, the gears do not change and I have to switch to automatic gearbox to to roll...
    Maybe I'm the only one with this problem and maybe not ... But I can say that it totally spoils my pleasure of riding with AMS2 (which, incidentally, I really appreciate).

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could it be clutch related as in auto clutch is off?

7. ALAIN LEFEBVRE

ALAIN LEFEBVRE Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello you all!
    Thanks for help... I've tried this "Have you tried to use Wheel Make: Custom?" and it works!
    Thanks to you all, you are amazing!

8. Dannysf90

Dannysf90 New Member

pretty thanks, that measure works well

9. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa modern
    Car Used: BMW M6 GT3
    Report: 30 min GT3 race against the AI on SPA. On the second lap an AI car went off track and then promptly procedeed to carelessly return to track and hit me full force, causing me to spin and go off track as well... and then for the next 15 minutes the dirty tire noise of dirt hitting the undercarriage never stoped, except when I had to slow down for the tight hairpin corners, like the first corner or the chicane at the end, but as soon as I picked up some speed the clickity clakity sound would start again.
    After 15 minutes of this the repeating pattern of that sound became too unerving and I left the race, otherwise it would have kept going all the way until the end, I'm sure.
    Steps to reproduce: No idea. I've went off track plenty of times before (thanks AI) but this is only the second time I've experienced this bug.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Version: 1.2.2.0(all versions)
    Track & Layout Used: Imola 1972(all tracks)
    Car Used: F-Reiza (all cars?)
    Report: When topping a TT LB a fictious (allways slower) ghost is loaded as yours.
    Check the pic out. My WR and ghost should have been 1:08.918 - but instead AMS2 load a fictious/not-existing ghost of 1:09.120.
    Steps to reproduce: Just run TT session where you are topping the LB :whistle: - and load your own ghost.

WR_108918_vs_fictious109120.png

11. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen New Member

Track & Layout Used: Not relevant
    Car Used: Not relevant
    Report: I came back after the latest update and my Fanatec DD2 was no longer recognized by AMS2. I deleted the settings directory and tried to reconfigure as it was before but AMS2 doesn't seem to see it at all. It is not recognized even as Custom. When I try to assign the steering left and steering right, nothing happens. CSPv3 pedals (connected to wheelbase) are also not recognized.

Fanatec property page works fine and all the other sims work fine (as did AMS2 before).

Steps to reproduce: Try to use Fanatec DD2/CSPv3

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  12. Yerffej

Yerffej Member

Since this last update, duplicate liveries are starting to appear again, had the same livery 3 times, even though the game settings were set to max allowed.

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Laguna Seca, probably not relevant
    Car Used: F301
    Report: Car has 0 to 60 TC steps when it doesn't even have TC (?). Either way 60 is also a bit too many for my taste :D
    Steps to reproduce: Get into a F301 test day and change TC via the new TC increase and decrease buttons.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Silverstone, probably not relevant
    Car Used: McLaren 720S GT3
    Report: When looking backward from cockpit view the body of the car is moving vertically but the rear wing remains fixed :D
    Steps to reproduce:

roy_33nl - Wings problems?

15. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen New Member

16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a similar issue and realized I wasn't running the last version of Fanatec drivers. Once I updated them issues were solved. Did you check that?

17. Supermax

Supermax BANNED BANNED

As a open lobby host, you will be confronted to the fact(since day one, what, 2 years ago!!) that sometimes(every day) you, as a host, cant press continue after ql.you have to quit the game to get somewhere. maybe instead of "fixing cars setups", who are perfectly fine:mad:you REIZA could invest some time in this matter. thank you

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Version: All
    Track & Layout Used
    : N/A
    Car Used: Porche 74 911
    Report:
    Throttle pedal response voltage is spiky at default 50 sensitivity leading to odd /inaccurate response
    Steps to reproduce: Test like in video.
    Porsche 1974 911. The accelerator pedal calibration seems incorrect for low revs. In the video its very hard/ impossible to hold ie 1500/2000 rpm or drive with low throttle, low speed accuracy. Reducing Throttle sensitivity will make a big difference and car can then be driven easily at low speeds and on/off throttle will be more accurate. (Ignore my deadzone setting for this test its not relevant) At default the voltage from pedal seems at lower movement to 'spike' from low to high resulting in rpm jumping to 3500/4000 rpm First test was to lower this to 10 sensitivity and this will allow revs to be held at ie 1500. 2000, 3000 rpm etc. This will affect driving this car to a degree dependant on your settings

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: Mercedes Benz CLK LM class GT1
    Report: right side mirror is inverted and cockpit view is not centered.

Steps to reproduce: just drive the car.

20. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Salvador, Oulton Park, Snetterton (probably more)
    Car Used: Porsche 911 RSR, F3, Formula Vee (so far)
    Applicable Settings: Race (happened in both dry and wet conditions so far)
    Report: Sticky Tarmac, car moves but gets stuck, does'nt respond to steering inputs
    Steps to reproduce: Is hard to reproduce as it seems intermitent, so I have made a video of it occuring

Anyone remember this, the sticky tarmac bug? Seems its re-surfaced after the update. I'll be making a bug report on it shortly. Its intermitent, but its definately back. Checked and validated files, all fine, anyone else getting this after the update? Skip to 2.24 in the video for clear example:

• Informative Informative x 1