1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am sure it had.... I raced with that car in nights... it also has headlights

2. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

Build: V1.3.1.0
    Track & Layout Used: Daytona road (only one chicane)
    Car Used: Ultima race
    Applicable Settings: 25 person online race, rolling start with formation lap.
    Report: cars after P17 when the AI control ended showed some of the cars ahead to be parked on track even though everyone was moving. This visual bug was then backed by a penalty for going ahead of other cars, when they tried to give the position back, the passed cars were gone.

3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's the setting called something like "camera movement" (not in front of the sim rig)

4. FrankyRed

FrankyRed Youtuber

Build: V1.3.1.0
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: VW Virtus
    Applicable Settings: Online race

The VW Virtus doesn't have any opponent vehicle sounds in replay mode.

5. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

was an online server with AI, wasnt my server so no idea what the setting was.
    someone else (P1) was even faster then me ^^
    also i think the AI used to be very cautious at the start of the race

6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's in the camera setting section of the options menu. Among the first lines there is a setting called Legacy. Make sure you set it to on and make sure the slider above it for head movement is on the low side (20-30 or so). The car won't shake almost at all in your view.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Havner

Havner Member

This is merely a workaround. The shake of the car relative to the world is the same regardless of the settings (not judging if correct or not). This is just physics output.
    The settings you mentioned reduce the shake of the car by making the world shaking more. Not saying not to use them if it's easier, but it does not invalidate the issue the original post wanted to convey.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

When i set it on then the World movement is shaking more. The car don't shake but the world is shaking more. I have now all setting on off and so i can do a couple of laps

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Version: V1.3.1.0
    The double livery bug is not there in all classes, but it is definitely occuring when driving F_V10_Gen2 using custom liveries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sdeups

sdeups Member AMS2 Club Member

hello, I have a problem and I don't really know where to post it concerning the multiplayer ranking, the counters are reset to zero during a reinstallation, whereas on ACC and R3E, it must be synchronized with steam; Are you going to correct that later? thank you

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe the rating is synchronized, those are the small little "updates" you see in steam after each run, only the offline stats are reset after a reinstall.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Correct unless its changed since. post 470 below

not this end, sry Roy
    REF #470 last part of thread.
    This was a while ago and I believe has not changed. Broken beta had a change today but unconfirmed for main build this end.

13. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Deletion of docs folder removes all your standings, online and offline. Your rank remains intact.

14. Jose Gaño

Jose Gaño New Member

Track & Layout Used: Watkins Glen GP
    Car Used: Formula USA Gen 2 (Reynard 98i Honda)
    Applicable Settings: Mulitplayer lobby
    Report: Just driving normally, a message pops up saying unsportsmanlike conduct. The AI takes control of my car and keeps going arround pit stopping every two laps and then exiting again to the track. The standings overlay appears as I were in the pit box but it doesn't allow me to press any key to get out of the session. It didn't repair it self when the qualy ended. Nither lets me press alt+F4 to close the game. I had to tab and force to close with task administrator.
    Steps to reproduce: I don`t know just playin an online session?? I couldn`t reproduce it.

15. Jose Gaño

Jose Gaño New Member

Track & Layout Used: Nurburgring Nordshleife 24 hour
    Car Used: Porsche Cup 4.0
    Applicable Settings: Mulitplayer lobby
    Report: I was specting other driver during qualyfing in a multiplayer session. When qualy ended and the race started I was in the point of view of the other driver and not in my car. I still could control my car. I couldn`t find a way to return to my cockpit view, pressing the camera toggle button changed the camera but in the other drivers view.
    Steps to reproduce: During a session, press the spectate button in the standigs overlay while being in the pitbox. When the session ends, and you still spectating the other driver, in the next session you are going to be in the other's driver point of view. This is problematic going in to a race because there is no way to get back to your own point of view. I think it works this way with all cars and tracks but I am not very sure, I haven't tried to reproduce it.

16. Ettore

Well you know, race cars aren't exactly Rolls Royce Silver Spur... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ettore

Race cars shake. They do shake in other sims too (including ACC and RF2) depending on the same kind of settings that you call workaround. Check any online onboard camera from the old days when they were not super stabilized and you will see it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or, you know, a helmet cam from 2021:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Havner

Havner Member

You completely misunderstood me. Did you notice the part "(not judging if correct or not)"? I was merely replying to someone else who said it can be "fixed" by camera settings.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes i known, but when i change the Sims from Iracing to ACC to rfactor i have no issues with the camera or world movement, when i change to AMS2 i drive some laps and then i had some strange feeling in my eyes and my head begins to hurt, so i must abandon AMS2. Don't take me wrong i don't won't to talk bad about AMS2 for me its a great Sim but in moment i can't drive a long race. Maybe i do a wrong thing or something else. I remember i started once the game in vr mode to try my Track Ir maybe it's still in vr mode? Maybe someone can help me out. Thanks