1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. EnterTheBiscuit

EnterTheBiscuit New Member

That is not all you have to do. Read all of my message (the one you quoted). I talk about naming.
    > "MercAMGGT3 NBurgV" maxes out the characters. No room for "wet" or "hot" and i already dislike how i had to remove all whitespace, and still had to heavily abbreviate the rest. It's unusably tight. But yeah, sure, that's "all" you have to do. Now do the same for every car-track-temp-wetness-altitude combination. Set up a codified schema. And then cry when a new update brings a car or track or setting that breaks your schema. It's horrid; frankly if i am focused on that, then im no longer playing and it saps the desire to tinker, and learn, and drive. It is absolutely fundamental. These are not just preferences, these are the core sim values that the engine consumes. Gotta be able to have a good rapport with it :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Build: V1.3.1.0
    Track & Layout Used
    : Any
    Car Used: GT1 Mercedes
    Applicable Settings: Race
    Report: ICM settings - Pit strategy created list are out of order
    The Pit Strategy that you created and named, why are they always out of order? For example, if I create a strategy called "Front Suspension" and it will stay at the top of the list as more are being created. But once you start some races and getting in and out accessing the strategies you created, changing cars or messing with the ICM mensometimes what was at the top of the list is now somewhere at the bottom or in the middle....my question is why? Please fix this because I am using Voice Attack and it is specific in what it is fetching and if the list of order are wrong, it fetches the wrong strategy. I don't think you guy have tried to bother fixing this...it's been like this since the creation of the game.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  3. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

They never bother to fix it, it's freaking annoying. Not only that but the strategy that you created are also out of order and there is no way to put it back in order because you can't rearrange it. So, the only solution is to delete everything and recreate the entire list again, freaking lame.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. hu uashdiasuh

hu uashdiasuh Member

build v1.3.1.0
    (multiplayer)
    all tracks/cars

I have noticed that the pointers arent deleted after a player has disconnected/lost connection on multiple occasions.

which leads to funny things happening.
    for example the lights being stuck wherever the person disconnected in darker races.
    vehicle models are visibly stuck in that position in the replay.
    vehicles are flying around in the void in the replay

Please delete those Entities properly.

Thank you

Additionally i checked the Race participants array and their pointer is still there

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Thrustmaster SF1000 not selectable as wheel/rim config in options and not working in the menus

The support for SF1000 is great, thank you for that. Would it be possible to add the SF1000 also as an option to list of the Thrustmaster wheels and make the buttons work in the menus?

6. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe they are in order of last modified so you can change the order without needing to recreate them.
    What I did to help deal with the order changing is put a longer pause before the ICM closes in the Crew Chief macro so I can see which strategy is being selected by strategy <number>.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What I am trying to inform you about is that because of the encoding into the engine it is not so easy to change those fields. On the other hand, do you really need to specify MercAMGGT3 in a setup that can't be accessed if not by that car wasting 70% of the space? I'm just trying to be practical here knowing that changes in those field are probably not coming soon though I would like them too

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ettore

You probably have to play a bit with the slider... If legacy ON with 20-30 is too aggressive try increasing it a bit until it shakes a bit less...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

Version: V1.3.1.0

Double livery bug is also present in the V12 class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. EnterTheBiscuit

EnterTheBiscuit New Member

Apparently not - but seeing as nothing in the game told me that AND that the default name is prepopulated with exactly that text ("Mercedes AMG GT3") I had no idea that was unnecessary. Among all the responses it has taken a while to arrive at this truth, so now i can just create a profile called "Imola warm dry" and "Nurburg GP warm dry" for each of the cars i want to drive on those tracks and it will be ok? No errors like "name in use in another slot"?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Strange thing, yes. Did some sessions with F_Classic Gen3 and Formula_V10 Gen1 today (custom liveries) and it does not occur in those classes. :confused:

12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

Track & Layout Used
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer with AI
    Report: Flags don't come up for all AI, this sometimes happens in SP as well

13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used
    : Cleveland, Azure 2021 (not Monaco) and Watkins Glen
    Car Used: n/a
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: Historic weather does not work upload_2021-12-7_19-29-51.png

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

It will be fixed within next update:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Havner

Havner Member

We're already at 1.3.1 ;-)

16. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Hi,
    With override liveries like the F12020-2021 season whichever car you chose there will always be 3 cars on the track instead of 2 with your teams livery...this happens on custom championship and single race mode. So if your ferrari there will be three ferrari on track etc

17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

That's a typo by Gian, he obviously means 1.3.2, as he posted his answer yesterday evening.

18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Some ppl (like me;)) have been reporting this issue for an entire year now, happens with F_V10 Gen 2 and Formula V12 (maybe some others, too). They just seem not be able to fix this issue. Or they just do not care.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ettore

Exactly. Each car can only access its own setups, so the name of the car in the setup is unnecessary

20. Marg

Marg Active Member

Nothing serious, but just feels a bit strange that Monza track in 7th of september is already with yellow leaves around, maybe it could look this way from Oct 1.