1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Nah, I believe the order screwed up once you cause the ICM menu to glitches. When you keep scrolling down and the screen continue to move up and disappeared, that's when the glitch happened and I think that's when all created pit strategies are also out of order. I have to test it out further.

2. florian ray

florian ray New Member

Track & Layout Used: Bathurst (seems irrelevant)
    Car Used: Reynard 98i Mercedes (seems irrelevant)
    Applicable Settings: Over 20 cars on multiplayer grid (weather, track, car and so on, seems irrelevant)
    Report: VR crash in the second of green light
    Steps to reproduce: joining session with over 20 players (when there are 30 players it happens for sure), qualli normal no problems (pole position ;-)), starting grid, red light, red light, red light, crash simultaneously to green light --> VR vision stuck, sound still there (only of own car), immediate connection loss to server, after like 10 seconds I am "back in the car" but alone on track and OK button on the right (disconnected bla bla). I have over 300 VR hours on AMS2 now (100% multiplayer). Problem is new, maybe because of the (pleasing) full servers lately? Or because of the big update?
    Another thing: 15 players and 15 AIs, no problem

Reinstalled: steamvr, mixed reality, ams2

System:
    HP G2 goggles
    2080ti with oc
    intel 10600KF
    16gb ddr4
    everything on SSD
    openvr resolution 60% (or 100% + openvr fsr) same problem with both configurations

someone with similar problems (is it a bug)?

Best regards
    Flowray

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Someone mentioned a while ago that the game can distinguish changes between seasons but not dates within seasons to get in season variation

4. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Yeah, let's hope they so something because it ruins the immersion

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yerffej

Yerffej Member

Yep you are right, tried the V10 again, and where i had the three Minardi the other day, i had the correct field line up earlier on ? Very strange indeed.

6. ChrisP

ChrisP New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Oulton Park International (plus other variants of Oulton Park)
    Car Used: Any car
    Applicable Settings: Any weather / time of day setting
    Report: There is always a stutter / micro-freeze when turning through the final 90 degree corner on the circuit. I have a powerful PC (GTX 2080 graphics card) and I'm able to consistently hit 120-144fps on High graphics settings with a G-Sync monitor. Gameplay is buttery smooth on all circuits except for this one corner at Oulton Park. Unfortunately Oulton Park is my all time favourite circuit and this glitch is marring my enjoyment of the game. Please can you take a look at this and see if you can recreate the problem.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any vehicle at any time of day with any graphics settings on the Oulton Park International circuit. Watch the background as the car turns through the final 90 degree righthand corner and every time at exactly the same spot the display freezes/hitches for a fraction of a second. Happens in the latest release of AMS2 and has as far as I can tell happened in all previous releases. I believe this problem has been reported before but I've tried to search for the bug report and can't find it so posting again here.

7. Havner

Havner Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Shared Memory and UDP protocol (PCar2)
    Report:
    Code:
    // Car State
    unsigned int mCarFlags;    // [ enum (Type#9) Car Flags ]

// (Type#9) Car Flags (to be used with 'mCarFlags')
    enum CarFlags
    {
        CAR_HEADLIGHT = (1 << 0),
        CAR_ENGINE_ACTIVE = (1 << 1),
        CAR_ENGINE_WARNING = (1 << 2),
        CAR_SPEED_LIMITER = (1 << 3),
        CAR_ABS = (1 << 4),
        CAR_HANDBRAKE = (1 << 5),
    };

ENGINE_ACTIVE
    SPEED_LIMITER

Do not work. SPEED_LIMITER bit is 1 when car is in pit and 0 when it's out of pit, regardless of pit limiter in car. It's impossible to know whether car has enabled speed limiter in any other way. This means that I cannot know this e.g. in SimHub.

I've tested both, Shared Memory and UDP. This bug is inherited from PCars2. It's broken there as well.

Steps to reproduce
    : Check DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.mCarFlags in SimHub.

8. Havner

Havner Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any car with DRS
    Applicable Settings: Shared Memory and UDP protocol (PCar2)
    Report: There is completely no DRS info in Shared Memory and UDP protocol API. Using Project Cars 2 V2 Patch 5 headers.
    There should be 3 things accessible (e.g. and uchar with bits, or 3 bools, whatever).
    1. Whether the car has DRS
    2. If the DRS is allowed at the moment (rule dependent)
    3. If DRS is active at the mement

Without this info it's impossible to add this info in SimHub for instance.

Steps to reproduce: N/A

9. Erling

Erling New Member

Sorry for also posted a seperate tread, didn't know it was a bug first. Post

Track & Layout Used: Oulton Park International, but any will due.
    Report: Automobilista 2 has a broken "profile module" for wheels.

Depending on what wheel profile chosen the FPS and the game behaves differently.
    No changes to the graphic or performance setttings where made.

-Legacy: Stable FPS around 180 but bad stuttering not playable.
    -CSW 2.5: Start at 80 FPS drops to 40 FPS after just a couple of seconds and the game falls apart.
    -DD1: Start at 300 FPS drops to 90 FPS and the game falls apart.

Falls apart = The strain on the GPU reduces the longer you play and the FPS drops.
    Very strange behavior. Resulting in terrible stutter and lag until it is not playable at all.
    Screen shoot from rivatuner, please look at GPU usage and FPS drop.
    [​IMG]

And finally drove AMS2 with only the keyboard.(No wheel enabled)
    - It worked flawless !
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any vehicle at any time of day with any graphics settings on the Oulton Park International circuit 4 or more laps. Connect a Fanatec DD1 and try the diffrent options: Legacy, Custom and DD1.Note the FPS and stuttering.
    And last drive only with keyboard and note the FPS.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: N/A
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: Errors/Bugs in the track selection UI;

upload_2021-12-8_20-44-53.png

• Monza 2020 track map lacks DRS zones
    • Historic Monza layouts are in 'Grade 1' when they should be in 'Historic', except for Monza 1971 10km without chicanes which should be in 'Historic Alternative'
    • Laguna Seca is listed incorrectly as 'Grade 1' Instead of 'Grade 2'
    • Spa Historic 1993 is listed in 'Grade 1' when they should be in 'Historic' as well.
    • IMO, Interlagos Stock Car Brazil layout should be in 'Ungraded/Alternative
    • Nurburgring Sprint should be 'Grade 2'
    • Spielberg Short should be Grade 2
    • Silverstone National & International should be Grade 2
    • Kansai East should be Grade 2
    • Donnington Park should be listed in 'England', not 'United Kingdom' so it groups together with the other English tracks.

Source: List of motor racing circuits by FIA grade - Wikipedia

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: f309
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: Rain light looks terrible and doesnt look right, similiar to the f-v10g2

1066890_20211208212605_1.jpg

12. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: HUD screen
    Report: I love the new updated "FULL" Speedo HUD option, but when selected you now lose the very important tire temp/wear indication. I suggest adding this tire temp/wear color indicator to the "Car Info" HUD option since there are outlines of tires already there right next to the brake rotors temps. This way, all your tire/brake info is on one HUD locations and the Speedo can be left in Full.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Tire Temp/Wear indication is planned to be added to the car info/damage widget indeed! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Erling

Erling New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Report: There is always a stutter if force feedback is turned on!
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any vehicle at any time of day with any graphics settings with a FANATEC DD1.

1. Drive with FFB gain at minimum 1 note the FPS and stutter.

2.Drive with FFB gain at 0 note the FPS change and no stutter.

This is the worst bug I have ever seen, please fix !

I run an diagnostic tool and found that AMS2 is spamming dinput8.dll
    which in turn talks to FAWForceFeedbackDrv64.dll.

dinput8.dll (windows components connected to force feedback)
    FAWForceFeedbackDrv64.dll (Fanatec dll)

Over time dinput8.dll gets more and more resources.

-This leads to overload and the game stutters.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Cleveland
    Car Used: F-US
    Applicable Settings: -
    Report: Tirewalls are not hitable
    ss133122.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

F_V10_Gen 1
    F_V10_Gen 2
    Formula_V12
    SINCE ALMOST AN ENTIRE YEAR (!) now, autoclutch is not working when shifting down to neutral gear in these classes. Had not been there in early builds, was invented by an "update". When player pits, the engine stalls. Must be great fun for ppl who don't have a clutch pedal.
    Bug was reported again and again, but nobody ever took care.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

Thank you so much for fixing the track limits on Watkins Glenn, that actually had been one of my bigger gripes. However, the TT boards are now showing illegal laps. Well, not really, but the current leaderboard laps are the old track limits.

All layouts of Watkins Glenn need TT resets. I know everyone hates TT resets, but this is a pretty obvious fix.

Unless there is a way to retrograde the laps to a "last clean" lap.

Go-kart hands in all classes on replay show a 900-degree wheel when its really 180 degrees resulting in guys flailing their arms wildly. Cockpit hands are fine, but only track side cameras doo this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The major leaderboard reset is still pending, so no worries about that one yet. :)
    Things like these aftermath changes are a good reason, why it hasn't been done yet!

• Like Like x 1
  19. BRIAN ROGERS

Track & Layout Used: NA
    Car Used: NA
    Applicable Settings: Suggestions
    Report:
    1. Add option when Creating New Lobbies, under the Realism Settings to allow or don't allow Resets. I consider this a Simulator, and folks resetting every time they go off track is not right.

2. Add a "PIT" warning to the "Relative Times" and/or "Leaderboard" HUD so during races you can see who's int he pits.

3. Add HOT Keys or allow to configure buttons/keyboard keys for chatting, i.e. Pitting, Sorry, Thank You, etc. Maybe have F keys set for many common racing courtesy's. Or, let racer customize hot keys for what they want to say. That might get crood though!

4. It is very difficult for some of us to tune cars, I have 2 suggestions to help:
    a. Add a Race Engineer like Project Cars 2. Great upgrade!
    b. While driving, I can cycle the HUD to see a Detailed Information on IMO tire temps, but you have to memorize or stop the car and write down this information (all the while the temps are dropping and green colors are turning blue; then go tune your car. Other games (ACC) keeps the last known tire temp info so you can make proper Camber, Caster and Pressure. It would also be nice to know the last know Water and Brake Temperature so you can properly setup ducts and radiator openings.

Love this game, keep up the amazing work!

• Like Like x 1
  20. BRIAN ROGERS

UPDATE: Recently bought AMS1, and it is also a great game! Please consider:
    1. Add to Track Map HUD the position number inside the circle like you have in AMS1.
    2. If able add the Copa Petrobras de Marcas series cars. Great variety with Honda, Mitsubishi, Ford, Chevy and Renault. I'm sure it's tough to get all those licenses.
    3. Add Floripa track. WOW, as an American I love the Brazillian track, the flow amazing, but Floripa is possibly the best track in Brazil.
    4. Add Mendig Flugplatz. I think AMS2 is missing a large layout track.