1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Build: 1.3.6.2
    Car: F-Classic Gen3 M2 (v10)
    Applicable Settings: bonnet camera fov = 70
    Report: Nose cam is behind the wiggling aerial, so is unusable as the wiggle blocks the view. Nose cam should be placed onfront of the aerial

upload_2022-5-14_20-48-29.png

2. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Car: FORMULA V10 GEN 2
    Applicable Settings: Auto-clutch on/off, Engine Braking 10.
    Report: stationary car in Neutral, turn engine off and the revs rise and blows the engine. Stationary car in Neutral rev slowly and over 14,000rpm and the revs continually rise and blows the engine regardless of engine temp. All linked to engine braking setting.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Nats

Nats Member

Formula F1 Ultimate Gen 2 cannot exit the pit garage in Monza during testing in a solo session (not multiplayer).

Edit: So far seen this happening to both Formula Ultimates and other cvars at least at Monza, Spa, Spielberg (probably everywhere). Game is unplayable for me now - I cant get out of the garage!!! :-(

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  4. Nats

Nats Member

Formula Ultimate Gen 2 you can see transparent side pods when looking left and right in overhead camera view.

5. Koala63

Koala63 Member

Same thing just happened to me on the grid of a F.Reiza League race that I'd practiced all week for. :mad:
    It's been a random bug which appeared for me only when I started practicing at Cascais Alternate using a setup that I'd used previously in a league race at Road America, without problems.

Edit. I've now checked and confirmed. In the Formula Rieza at Cascais, any engine braking setting 8 or above sends my engine revs through the roof to terminal damage in seconds with any touch of the throttle.

If I adjust the engine braking to 5 or less, it's sweet. I can swap to and from high and low engine brake settings and get the same results each time reliably. Have been doing a league series in the F. Reiza for a while now. My base setup has had engine braking set to 10 without trouble to date. Now, for me, it's a confirmed bug that I can only assume has crept in recently.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  6. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

Car: GT4 Class (in particular - Ginetta GT4 and Cayman GT4)
    Applicable settings: (unkown, sorry - online race hosted by someone else)
    Track: Jerez
    Report: (Mikk Schleifer may have already reported this as it did happen some time ago tbh, but I've only just remembered to report) - Myself and Mikk qualified on the front row at Jerez. Once the race ready input had been completed by all drivers, the race screen loaded. But, weirdly, I was presented with Mikk's screen (Cayman) and he was presented with mine (Ginetta). I was in control of my Ginetta, but couldn't see where I was going, likewise for Mikk. It was a most odd experience, one I've never come across before. I retired and stayed the course of the event to see if I could get the replay but no dice. Mikk had more luck and kindly sent me the replay file, but I couldn't get it to work in my game for some reason. Anyway, perhaps you could look into this at some point as it's a most odd and unique bug, like I say... No idea what caused it, so as far as replicating settings is concerned, I'm unable to help. Mikk might have more info on that though.

7. aboe_83

Build 1.3.6.2
    Car: F-Ult Gen 2
    Applicable settings: Online race
    Track: Spa (modern)
    Report: During a battle with CakeEater I made a move up the inside of Pith-Path (I think this is the corner name - the right-left before Stavelot). I left plenty of room and he left me plenty of room but still our cars collided. I was unfortunate not to spin, but CakeEater was not so lucky. His car was sent shooting off into the barrier ahead. Damage was on, so that was his race ended. He was not too happy, and expressed this in the chat. But I was certain I did not do anything untoward. So I looked at the replay, and what had happened was rather bizarre - despite leaving each other plenty of room (I was on the inside) it had seemed as though the physical mesh of the cars was bigger than the visual of the car and we became briefly entangled and this is, it seems, what caused the incident. So perhaps (for this car at least) the physical mesh needs to be looked at because we should be able to race a lot closer than what we are currently able to do.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  8. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd suggest this one could be a netcode issue. If you step through the video frame by frame (, and . keys for backwards and forwards 1 frame at a time in YouTube) around the point of the phantom collision you'll see the mostly white car sort of suddenly slides sideways across the track in a very "netcode making or correcting a prediction" sort of way. I think that in another frame or two the visible meshes would have intersected, and so presumably would have the collision hulls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi the bug with missing wheel after a crash Is back....i had a crash in the qualy and i lose my rear tyre and then in the Race the wheel was missing. This was with the Formula Ultimate Gen 2

10. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

I just did a whole new race. Used laps instead of time. 40 laps; Nurburgring 24hour; GT3. Mandatory pits off, refueling allowed.

Strategy: tires (soft slicks), fuel, damage repair. Swap to AI ON.

Drove 8 laps and game called me in for pits. I selected the correct strategy (and confirmed it) on ICM. Pitted and the animations show fuel was added and tires changed. However, once the car was taken over by the AI and it drove from the pits, tire wear was showing the exact same values as the old ones.

11. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Indy road course. AI wheel pointing as doing a hard right turn when going in a straight line down the front straight. upload_2022-5-23_15-31-16.png

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You probably mean Daytona? I think, you drove online here?

13. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@CrimsonEminence , yeh sorry buggered that up. Yes made a lobby and included AI to fill the field.

14. RubénGarMo

RubénGarMo New Member

Track & Layout Used: Kyalami and Imola.
    Car Used: Aparently, any.
    Applicable Settings: Any weather and daytime.
    Report: The game doesn't carry you automatically off the garage in the box. You must drive.
    Steps to reproduce: Start any training session.

15. aboe_83

This is normal when Auto-pit is turned off (I'm assuming you have it turned off?). I'd actually recommend not turning this option on in the meantime (especially for online races) as there is a bug currently which leads to your car being unable to leave the pit garage once you've returned from a previous run in either Practice or Quali. I believe the Devs are aware of this issue though, so it we can probably expect it to be resolved soon.

16. RubénGarMo

RubénGarMo New Member

I'm glad to know this is a known problem and they are solving it. However, I can say that I didn't turn of auto pilot. Moreover, I didn't change anything in options when I when to this circuits. What I want to say is that problem only occurs to me in this circuits, when i go to another track, this doesn't happens.

• Like Like x 2
  17. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

pc crashed after playing ams 2 ,after restart my s rating was reverted to a u

And all my control settings had to be re-done ,graphic settings were unchanged

This was with an amd card 6800 and a i7 8700k

Any fix for this, that s rating was hard to get

18. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I happens to me to, thought it didn't. Also with revert setup

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kaneda06

Kaneda06 New Member

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Stock Car 2021 (likely any)
    Applicable Settings: Single-player race vs. the AI
    Report: Retiring to pits and skipping to end of race results in weird results

Running a Stock Car 2021 championship race with a custom AI driver file, I retired to the pits and accelerated the race to the end. The results were all messed up as a result of this, with the slowest drivers in the grid ending first and front runners finishing at the back. The skip to end -feature doesn't appear to use the driver ratings properly.