1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

To be sure are you set on same class or identical vehicle..?

2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Same class. And it only loads this livery from another.
    Does not happen when I run 2019, 2020 or 2022.

3. Coanda

That is odd. I couldn't replicate this issue. Does this happen everytime or random?

4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Randomly.
    Did a test now. Had verified game data in Steam before (where everything was ok), no livery mod, no custom AI file in use. Number of opponents set to "Maximum available" (31).

Started 10 race weekends at Road America, which has 32 garage spots (SC 2021 offers 35 drivers/liveries).
    3 times, car # 54 did not show up at all, which can happen as the carset consists of more liveries than max. available pit spots on track.
    2 times, Antoniazi had the car of 2020.
    3 times, he was there twice, with cars of 2020 and 2021.
    2 times, he just was there with car of 2021.

Another issue I saw conincidentally: Sometimes, a random car had driver named "Rampanelli", which is one of the standard names ingame and does not show up in SC 2021, where the game should load the accurate driver names of the series.

All other series of the game work as they should, beside the double livery thing, which still occurs in some but not all car classes and can be solved by a workaround.

Edit: Some bullsh.t also happens with SC 2020.

20220621122355_1.jpg

A guy called "Rampanelli" drives the car of Baptista.

While Baptista drives the car of V.Genz!!

20220621123226_1.jpg

This is completely broken!

I repeat: Standard installation, without custom AI or modded liveries.

As these cars are in game for ages, it would be nice if this would be fixed.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Domagoj Lovric

Version: 1.3.7.1

I have a Logitech G27.
    Yesterday, I replaced its H-shifter with a separate H-shifter from AliExpress, recognized by Windows as a generic USB joystick.

I had a real hard time to assign the Gear 1-7 buttons in AMS2 to the new H-shifter.
    For example, clicking on "Gear 1" in the UI and moving the H-shifter from neutral to Gear 1 position would always result in an "Multiple inputs detected, no action taken" popup error message.

I spent 2h trying everything I could think of to fix this issue, but nothing helped.
    When I was desperate for a solution, I found it accidentally.

What worked was to put the shifter in Gear 1 position first, click "Gear 1" in the UI to assign it, then move the shifter to neutral then back to Gear 1 position. Then the button was assigned properly.

This is really unnecessary, highly confusing and makes AMS2 look like broken. You should be able to assign the gear simply moving the H-shifter from neutral to the desired gear. It works like that in rF2.

Note that this issue has nothing to do with other inputs being connected, as it also happened with every USB device disconnected. It's just a logic bug in that Multiple inputs detection.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Coanda

Thank you I was now able to reproduce this. I have a feeling I know what the issue is although further tests will be required from my end..

7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Some further information concerning my edited post above about the bug in car class Stock Cars 2020:

I did some more tests, this time I was using my Custom AI file.

Now, this strange bug is gone. No more Mister Rampanelli, each driver has the correct livery, as seen in the selection screen.
    But another bug is there when using the custom file - the old double livery thing, as known from some other classes. Yet, there is a small difference. When this problem occurs in other classes, some random AI always has same livery as player.
    Here, it is always the car of V.Genz #46 which appears twice in race, whilst one other is missing. When I choose this car myself, this bug is gone, too. So, there most be some trouble with the ingame link to this car in SC 2020.

8. Coanda

@deadly - Antoniazi, Genz, Baptista, Robe have been fixed and should make the next build. Please PM me if you see any other disconnects..

• Like Like x 1
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

A small one, not a big thing, just a typo:

The Championship for Stock Cars 2019 is shown as Stock Cars 2017 in the UI.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GAS Racing

GAS Racing New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used: Any Car
    Applicable Settings: Any weather
    Report: Time trial results in sub 50% GPU usage, poor performance. Other game modes like Race, Online or Practice perform very well. Isolated to time trial only.
    Steps to reproduce: Attempt Time Trail run with any vehicle at any track.

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

V1.3.7.1 third race of gt3 championship using McLaren 720s at Watkins Glen 2 race weekend, 2nd race should have been in mid spring but had winter foliage and had the black and white track surround texture issue.

12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Bathurst
    Car Used: Any Car
    Applicable Settings: Race
    Report: AI has some magic grip when driving through the Esses, where they tend to try crazy attacks in those narrow spots and ram player into the wall. They love to produce carnage there when racing each others, too.

A horrible experience with open wheelers, because they always go for your rear tyres in this section.

13. d.adkr1

d.adkr1 New Member

(Removed)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  14. João Labres

João Labres New Member

Version: 1.3.8.0 Release Candidate
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: Car setup
    Report: Car setup returning to default setup when opening "Edit Setup" window.
    Steps to reproduce: Select the Formula Ultimate Gen 2 in any track, reset the setup to default and change something and exit the edit setup window, after that go back to "Edit Setup" the setup will be returned back to default. The same didn't happen if a setup is loaded.

Video showing the bug:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

CUT

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  16. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Release candidate v1.3.8.0
    Caterham Supersport’s 5 speed h-pattern is now a 6 speed sequential.

Also as soon as you go into 6th car comes to an immediate standstill.

17. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any version where GTE cars are represented.

When following another car, at one moment you notice the car in front vibrating at a fast speed just going down a straight for example. Its really immersion breaking. The Corvette C8 GTE does that almost always.

18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

When being in the garage and watching AI drive via "Monitor", the cars are shaking and trembling a lot. A real pain for the eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Ensuring this goes where it's supposed to be tracked :D

--
    Unfortunately, this issue (AI not changing tires) continues to plague race sessions. Specifically, I'm talking about tire changes that happen when I'm transferring control of the car to the AI co-driver prior to a pit stop.

I have just tested this with the latest build and recorded a video for reference. Setting are:
    • Spa, GT4 class
    • Fuel usage real
    • Tire wear 5x
    I set my car's fuel to only last 2 laps. Please disregard my very poor driving as I was trying to lock the wheels intentionally in order to increase wear. Prior to enter the pits, I have verified strategy to include tire changes, and enabled driver swap.

Timestamps of interest:
    • At 6:58, notice my pitstop settings, and the tire wear on the lower right hand side. It's hard to see but the telemetry shows they are at roughly 97%
    • At 7:55, the crew starts the tire change. Animation shows they are supposed to be doing it
    • At 8:20, the pitstop is complete, but the "new" tires show the exact same wear as the ones that were supposed to be replaced.
    This is obviously irrelevant when your tires are almost new like in this example video - but this makes endurance races impossible to handle. In my experience, after driving the car for about an hour and coming to the pits to replace them and swap to AI, what happens 100% of the time is that the AI will leave the pits with the tank full but dead tires, which forces them to come back the next lap just for the tire change. This is obviously a deal breaker for endurance.

Hope this helps the team to track down the issue... :)

20. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member