1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Or we simply leave it as it is with the particles on and open a server named Shinobi Karto:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. RayGun

RayGun New Member

Thanks for the feedback. What other race series are you using..? I cannot get my custom AI file in Super V8s to perform correctly. Van Gisbergen and Mostert regularly qualify in the midpack and sometimes near the back.

3. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: N/A
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer lobby
    Report: Game freeze/crash when landing into the session from lobby. No bugsplat, no recovery - requires killing the process.
    Steps to reproduce: Occurs frequently if I don't select 'Vote to start' in the lobby. Only seen it once when I have voted. Game seems to be running ok if out of focus when moving from lobby into session, but freezes when alt-tabbing back into it. Let me know if a crash dump (generated from task manager) will help. I did generate one, and it looks like it's deadlocked, but not being familiar with the code, I couldn't tell you what is deadlocked.

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Did you verify your game files via steam?

5. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes - done all the usual before submitting the report. Apologies - should have specified that. Also, to add more detail I'm usually in VR with a Reverb G2, but the issue occurs in 2D mode too.

6. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Argentina but NA
    Car Used: MCR 2000 P4
    Applicable Settings: NA
    Report: Audio Clipping, mainly in left ear. I'm using a steelseries Pro gamedac headset on hi res mode. I've not noticed clipping in other cars or sims. Mainly happens in the higher rpms.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive car and in higher rpm on straights it will attract small audio distortion, only really seems to affect the left audio channel. The distortion is random, but it will give one little audio clip every 10 seconds or so, sometimes more.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

F3_309:

The Rev-meter of the wheel gives different information than the one in the HUD. Whilst the HUD is already red, the lights on the wheel are still far away from the limit in higher gears.

8. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: NA
    Car Used: GT3 and others with TC/ABS
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer lobbies (don't race off-line much)
    Report: In GamePlay I'm set TC/ABS-HIGH and Stability-ON. I join a lobby with all 3 set to ALLOW. In practice/qual everything (TC/ABS) is working. Get into the race and I have nothing. I hit ESC, go to GamePlay and the TC/ABS/Stability is turned off. While in race I can then select them on and then I'll have TC/ABS for the remainder of the race, of course I'm seconds behind at this point. This happens often to me with GT# and any cars with TC/ABS. I've heard others in Chat complain about it as well.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive GT3 in qual and then races.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BRIAN ROGERS

Car Used: All GT3 and GTE cars
    Applicable Settings: Cockpit in-car view
    Report: Not all functions are working or shown properly on the cars onboard LCD screens.
    GT3 (Mercedes):
    -When you change TC settings nothing on LCD changes, always shows 2.
    -There is not ABS shown on LCD screen, or at least I can't find it.
    -There is a MAP indicator on LCD that always shows 3. I see there is RICH/NORMAN/LEAN setting on the ICM, but it doesn't change the display when selected. In ACC it's usually 1-8, but if AMS2 only supports RICH/NORMAL/LEAN, can you please have the LCD change to R/N/L to match.
    -When LCD is set to show page 2, the color on the split times seems wrong. If the split times is positive or negative the display is RRED regardless, but the HUD display has green for negative and red for positive splits. I don't know for sure because I've never driven a real GT3 but seems like the colors should be green for negative.
    -When LCD is set to show page 3 for tire and brake temps, the numbers are always White. Again, not sure what the real cars have, but it seems like they should / could change green/red like the HUD?

GT3 (BMW)
    - On the cars LCD, there is no TC indicator and the ABS indicator always show 0.

GT3 (McLaren)
    - There is only 1 screen, with "MAP TC ABS FUNC" along the top, but no indicators. Suspect the real cars have multiple screens??

GT3 (Porsche)
    -There are 3 LCD pages, all 3 show ABS 8 and TC 10 no matter what the ABS or TC is set too. MAP always shows 2 (maybe this is car specific, but FUEL MAP is greyed out so can't adjust like other GT3 cars).

GTE (Corvette):
    -On the cars LCD, MAP (RICH/NORMAL/LEAN) and TC don't update when changed.

GTE (BMW)
    -LCD shows ABS=0 but cars not equipped with TC. Also, like above, MAP/ABS and many others don't show or update properly

GTE (Porsche)
    -On the cars LCD, the TC won't update when changed.

Steps to reproduce: Drive GT3/GTE in cockpit view and try to change TCABS/MAP, etc. settings, nothing updates on LCD.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. MIJ

MIJ New Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg and Spa
    Car Used: F1 Ult2
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Car gets thrown off road for no reason. This is not due to lack of downforce, its like hitting an invisible wall. but does not happen everytime. This is on the latest version of AMS2. Have not faced similar issue before. Please see the attached video
    Steps to reproduce: Unable to reproduce

MIJ

11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Copa Classic fl fusca (beetle)
    Report: UI shows 'Yes' for headlights, when this car has stickers instead of headlights

upload_2022-7-24_18-15-6.png

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. BRIAN ROGERS

Car Used: Copa Montana
    Report: Windshield wipers don't clear windshield properly. They only wipe on one stroke (see this on most cars so maybe that's just how it is) and the pattern of the blade is backwards, doesn't match the direction of the blade.

13. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

This sounds like a real Montana lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Gary_S

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Report: Damage does not appear on replay. I crash car and damage it. When I load replay and the crash is shown, the car shows no damage.
    The same is true if I blow up an engine, except this time on the replay, engine smoke will follow the car on replay even when engine is not blown up at that point.
    Steps to reproduce: Create above circumstances and view the replay.

15. Gary_S

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Report: Many vehicles seem to visually show positive camber on the front wheels in particular. Formula V10 Gen 1 is probably the worst in this area.
    Steps to reproduce: Cars are best seen with this issue from the replay.

16. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

has happened to me twice now game crashes i loose all my multi player ratings from a reverting back to u ,and all my controller settings need to be re-done
    Maybe someone would be kind enough to answer me this time ,how do i get my rating back ,and stop this from happening or is it unsolvable

17. Fun_cup_car

Fun_cup_car New Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: All
    Applicable Settings: All
    Report: I had an internet outage and have no internet. Time trial mode does not work offline. Keeps getting you have been disconnected message
    Steps to reproduce: Start time trial mode offline.

18. BRIAN ROGERS

Car Used: Any car with ABS/TC
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer lobbies
    Report: When lobbies are set to FORCE REALISTIC DRIVING AIDS to YES, TC to NO and ABS to NO; cars with ABS/TC sometimes work, sometimes not. I always have my Gameplay set AUTHENTIC or at times FULL/High/On/HIGH but I still can't get the TC/ABS to work while in game. This seems to be random but it happens a lot with P1 and GT3.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

thanks for your response reiza ,what's the use of doing multi when this happens hmmmmmmm

20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Have not played online for quite a while, but in former builds, players could activate aids in their game options, even when they were banned by host. So, activating in car by pressing the given button/key did not work, but if the aids were already activated in player's options, they were working on track. Sorry to hear that this bug has not been not fixed yet.