1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. lozarcher

lozarcher Loz

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg Modern (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Opala 86 (seems happens with any car)
    Applicable Settings: Dedicated Server
    Report: Frequently we have races where at least one driver has no idea another driver in on the circuit with them. The car is invisible just to these one or two other drivers. Interactions with the car happen one way. The invisible car can get punted by the person that can't see it, but the driver of the invisible car will have no affect on the car that hit them.
    I believe at the start of the race (on the grid before lights out) the invisible car starts floating to the sky so I'm thinking some sort of hit box stays on the circuit level whilst the visual is somewhere near the moon by the end of the race.
    Steps to reproduce: Absolutely no idea

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. pedroerre

pedroerre New Member

Track & Layout Used: Bathurst
    Car Used: Formula V10 gen2
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Dry (did not check under rain)
    Report: in the bump located in the straight between turns 1 and 2, and while in the slipstream of cars ahead, car takes off (literally) in you go over the bump full throttle (as the AI does)
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the Formula V10 g2 in a dry session, and fasten your seatbelt :)

3. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: Aussie Racing Camaro
    Applicable Settings: Edit setup screen
    Report: Rear tyre pressure ranges do not tally:
    Left Rear 16.68 - 28.28 PSI Right Rear 15.23 - 26.83 PSI
    Different rear pressures when reset to default or symmetrical tick highlighted
    Steps to reproduce: N/A

4. laekwondo

laekwondo Member AMS2 Club Member

Opening replay mid session, resets track condition to whatever live track preset you have selected.
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Noticed in Practice, Live Track: Green, Weather Storm
    Report: If you pause game and open replay mid session and return to game - track condition is reset to whatever live track preset you have selected. Noticed this when I had a dry to wet SP race - opened replay to take a photo, when I returned back to race, all puddles had disappeared (not to mention my wet tires were burning up)
    Steps to reproduce: Easiest to reproduce, by setting Live Track preset to Green, or light rubber and weather to Storm/Rain. 1. Wait till puddles appear and drive next to one. 2. pause game and got to replay. 3. Close replay and go back to game - puddles have disappeared and track condition is reset.

Attached Files:

5. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

Pit stops duration in mini uk: 25 seconds against 5 seconds of AI

6. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Nearly exactly the same invisible car bug happened in an RPM league race (which was also running on a dedicated server) and is probably one of the worst multiplayer bugs i have seen in an online session. Thankfully they could communicate via discord the position of the invisible car but even then it caused utter carnage and in a normal session this would ruin any race.
    From both perspectives:
    [VR] New day, new league race [NL/ENG] - madmikeplays on Twitch
    RPM! League Racing - ARC CAMARO + handbrake | Adelaide *no wheelcam today* - roccothamanoidis on Twitch

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Nordschleife
    Car Used: Lotus 49
    Applicable Settings: VR time trial mode
    Report: Wheels are invisible from cockpit. Brake rotors and rubber tires are visible, but wheels are not and you can see through the tire to the road/curb/grass or whatever is on the other side.
    Steps to reproduce: Just load in car and see through wheels.

8. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

Bump @Reiza, please fix this. Spent $2k on graphics card upgrade and still not enough power to run in the rain at night…. I’d rather spend that on the developers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Buenos Aires 12 (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Chevrolet Omega Stock Car 1999
    Applicable Settings: Wet Weather (irrelevant if not)
    Report: Wet Weather tyres, stated in the UI as available, are not available in the setup menu, and choosing "Automatic by Weather" does not make a change for them.
    Steps to reproduce: Go to a wet session with the Stock Car 99, and try to get wet weather tyres for the car.

10. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: HockenHeim GP, probably irrelevant though
    Car Used: Formula Reiza
    Applicable Settings: full damage, scale 50%
    Report: Part of the rearwing seems still attached to the car, even without wing endplates.
    Steps to reproduce: use above mentioned settings and crash into a wall.

[​IMG]

11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We had the same today again, one car was invisible to one other driver, not to all drivers, before the last update we never had those issues, this makes competitive online racing virtually impossible, not too mention can cause differences of opinions between drivers blaming the other to turn into them or punt them, whilst the other driver obviously dont know why as he couldnt see the car.

this really needs fixing, i dont think its ping related, as all 12 drivers on the server had a ping of 50 or lower.
    the picture is how the invisible car is shown on the replay of the driver who couldnt see him.

[​IMG]

12. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any (Observed at Kyalami 76 and one of the Cordoba layouts)
    Car Used: Formula Vintage Gen II, Lotus 49C. (All four liveries)
    Applicable Settings: Doesn't seem to matter. (Observed in MP race and in Test Day, with several different dry weather types)
    Report: Inner part of tyres not rendered. Same in VR or flat screen
    Steps to reproduce: Load up a session, sit in the cockpit and look at the front tyres

Attached Files:

13. whokilledduncan

Track & Layout Used: Any (Observed at Azure and Kyalami)
    Car Used: ARC Camaro (car #22)
    Applicable Settings: Doesn't seem to matter. (Observed in Time Trial)
    Report: Left / right mismatch and conversion errors between set up values
    Steps to reproduce: Load up a session, enter advanced set up pages and reset to default. Switch between units and rates for suspension values. (I also deleted the tuningsetups folder before starting the game and taking these screenshots)

Attached Files:

14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

V1.38

car: f ult gen2
    Track: spa 2020
    settings: vr

Replay mode in the pause menu shows no rear tyres on the car. George Russell also flies into the stratosphere for some reason.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And I noticed the symmetrical setup isn't symmetrical
    Rear Tire-pressure has a standard difference of 0.1bar
    And rear-damper has a standard difference of 2000N/m/s

• Like Like x 1
  16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Caterham Academy

The tyres on this thing seem totally broken. The car drifts sideways in 3rd gear trying to accelerate in a straight line. It's at least five seconds per lap slower than the real car is.

Good luck trying to recreate this "reference lap":

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  17. whokilledduncan

Yep. That's what I meant by conversion error - the 'just a number' suspension rates match left to right, but the unit conversions don't. Rear tyre pressure (as you mention) and rear camber differ left to right too, as highlighted in the screenshot.

18. lozarcher

lozarcher Loz

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer Ranked (Dedicated Server)
    Report: Every single ranked race I have had recently results in my visuals freezing for about 3 seconds. It doesn't happen in non-ranked races, only ranked races. It doesn't happen in practice sessions or qualifying sessions, just in race sessions.
    I'm of the opinion the game is "phoning home" to update something. I've no idea what is the cause but it is ranking related. This started for me in the past 1-2 months (possibly around the Argentina tracks release). I've made no hardware changes for about 1.5 years.
    Steps to reproduce: It occurs a few minutes into a race and periodically every few minutes after that.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

This is happening to a lot of people

20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I do not exactly know if it is a bug, so please delete post if this is the wrong thread.

Formula USA Gen 2 and Gen 3:

Cars suffer from extreme tyre wear with settings on "Authentic".
    After 4 to 5 laps, the car starts sliding all over the place. Is it meant to be like that or has this to do with my poor driving style being way too aggressive, as I am no pro-simracer?

Did 3 30 lap-races with mandatory pit stop (Road America, Laguna, Kyalami 76). Had to pit twice, because my car was hard to control after just 10 laps, whilst the AI could easily hold their pace and just did one mandatory stop.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022