1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. basscodp

basscodp New Member

Version: 1.4.1
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: When max human opponents set to 32
    Report: On multiplayer sessions, it gets stuck after qualifying not letting move forward to the race. I thought this was something fixed for this version. It happened to me 3 times today (yeah, in a row). It also happened once again a few minutes ago. It's not something that happens all the time, but I'm getting quite frustrated by it.

2. Tomi Mäkinen

Tomi Mäkinen New Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.1 (also happened in earlier ones)
    Track & Layout Used
    : Termas de Rio Hondo (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Superkart
    Applicable Settings: Dry
    Report: Invisible stuff "appears" in road surface
    Steps to reproduce: Drive superkart race with AI or friends and after some time (in our case around 20min) something invisible has come to back straight and karts start to behave oddly. Just like there would be invisible puddle of water or oil or something. This has been noticed before with other tracks with ai. But this time we had many people noticing the same thing during race.

3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Trucks
    Applicable Settings: Replay
    Report: From memory Sunday 28th. In replay trackside the tyre noise is loud/same sound and volume as in cockpit view. Higher than truck sound.

4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Fontana sports car course
    Car Used: n/a
    Applicable Settings: track detail low
    Report: background mountains flicker in and out (LOD bug). Edit: Very annoying in overcast conditions as it changes the lighting a lot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also noticed a popping in white line on the outside edge of the exit of the oval of old monza 10km layout, on the pit straight. Also long-standing lod issues affecting brake marker boards at old spielberg, and at monaco at the nouvelle chicane and tabac

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  5. rmagid1010

Track & Layout Used: gateway oval
    Car Used: CART 1998 iirc
    Applicable Settings: rolling start
    Report: both ai and player cars hit the outside barrier during the rolling start

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rmagid1010

Report: I have emboldened bullet points still relevant as of v1.4.1

I also suggest an 'Oval' filter for the Track grade filter menu. A reference of correct circuit grades is avaliable from the FIA https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/circuits_fia20200302.pdf

7. Rando1

Rando1 New Member

Version: 1.4.1.2136.AVX
    Track & Layout Used: Daytona NASCAR Tri-Oval
    Car Used: Omega Stock Car
    Applicable Settings: single race, AI skill 120, aggression MAX, default car setup, dry track
    Report: AI too slow and braking randomly, from last to first in 5 laps then constant 1+ second gap to second place (and I'm not that good at racing ovals)

8. laekwondo

laekwondo Member AMS2 Club Member

Verifying files did initially fix the issue, but it returned today and seems a bit random. In our first MP race I had no issues, but in the second race we had three drivers suffering from this.

9. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

So as it goes up the revs, over 5800 ->engine audio goes left and disappears? If you run into this next time, try stopping next to a track and rev the engine pls, funky bug fwiw.

10. laekwondo

laekwondo Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure about the "goes left" part - but the engine sound cuts off in high revs, making it hard to know when to shift up. I'll test stopping and rev'ing the engine next time it happens and report back.

11. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Jacarepagua Short
    Car Used: Puma GTE
    Report: The Puma GTE drives like the suspension is rock solid. The car has no body roll.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the Puma GTE

Twitch Clip

Ok disregard the report. Once you relearn it, it's actually quite intuitive. I just wasn't used to it sliding around this much.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  12. TinMan_JB

TinMan_JB Member

Version: 1.3.8.3 & 1.4.1.0
    Track & Layout Used: observed at Donnington GP (G55 GT3), Imola modern P.Cup 4.0), Spa 2022 (911 GT3)
    Car Used: 911 GT3, 911 Cup 4.0, G55 GT3
    Applicable Settings: multiplayer (no special settings), single player, fresh race start & after race restart (quick race with no practice, no quali)
    Report: ABS & TC don't work in race
    Steps to reproduce: MP: join lobby in quali (ABS & TC work), continue to race
    SP: restart race in a car with TC&ABS

Hello!
    TC and ABS sometimes don't work in SP and MP races. In MP both system were functional during qualification, but in race there was no TC & no ABS on my car. In SP quick race sessions ABS & TC were gone randomly - sometimes in a fresh race start, sometimes after a race restart.

When this happens there is no TC & ABS - they don't do anything to prevent lockups/traction loss,+/- bindings don't change the setting & there is no text message on screen. It has happened in v1.4.1 ( MP 911 GT3, SP G55 GT3) and before in v1.3.8 (MP 911 Cup 4.0)

Edit: have done some more sessions with DPi on Road America, same as above. In quali TC works, advancing session to race TC doesn't work anymore. Same if restarting a race with no practice/quali session.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rando1

Rando1 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa 2022
    Car Used: GT3
    Report: AI too slow at turns 7, 8 and 9 (Les Combes)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.1.1.2139
    Track & Layout Used: Cleveland
    Car Used: Formula USA Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: Offline 20 minute race @ 19:00 on May 24, 1998 with 10 minute qualy @ 17:00. Real weather, medium track preset for qualy and default progressing for race. Standing start.
    Report: Race starts with wet track and rain. Wet tires are overheated before lights go green.
    Automobilista_2_Screenshot_2022.08.29_-_19.34.20.28.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  15. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

New Version: 1.4.1.1.2139
    Track & Layout Used: Gateway and Fontana
    Car Used: Formula USA Gen 2 and 3
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: Saved replays from both races, every time I click a replay to view it works, but when i go back into the replay menu that same replay is cloned, it keeps going every time its viewed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

Track & Layout Used: Laguna Seca
    Car Used: Group C but might not make a difference
    Report: Apologies if it's been said before.
    Lollipop men are running out into the middle of the track at Laguna Seca when the AI was pitting during the race. Was in Group C cars.
    Sorry I didn't have time to check it twice in a row because I must get to bed and AMS2 has been keeping me up too late since the update. LOL. I wanted to throw this on here so I don't forget.
    They're passing right through the pit barrier onto the start/finish straight like they've became out of place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: superkarts
    Report: Supercarts seem undriveable in straight lines. The vehicle keeps going left and right all the time. Seems smth is broken

18. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Track & Layout Used: Virginia Full (probably not track dependent)
    Car Used: Metalmoro
    Applicable Settings: Single Player, Race Strategy
    Report: When adjusting the tire pressures in strategy menu, the front left (first) has the sound file of a switching menu row, however, it should be the "click"-sound as for the other 3 tires, switching pressures. Very minor bug, but simple to fix as well on the way :)

19. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.1.0.2139.AVX
    Car: Mini JCW
    Track: Any
    Report: External audio is still really weird for this car. In trackside replay approaching cars sound like they are receding (wind tearing and exhaust note), and receding cars sound like they are approaching (no wind, less exhaust note). It's been like this since release. If it's as designed then my apologies.

20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Fontana Oval (maybe other ovals, too)
    Car Used: Several Formula Cars with low downforce aero
    Report:
    Cars leave their garage spot extremely aggressive, sliding like crazy. Some produce a donut and then crash into pit wall where they are stuck for the rest of training/qualifying.

• Like Like x 1