1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: all
    Track & Layout Used: all I belive
    Car Used: any
    Report: Randomly the lap counter doesn't increment at the start of Lap one it reamins at Zero.
    You do get the full number of laps but the counter is one less than it should be.

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Nordschleife
    Car Used: Ginetta G55 GT3
    Applicable Settings: On track
    Report: The Default Setup for this car has 6th gear ratio set to the 2nd to last click and bounces off the rev limiter on the long straights. The last click sets the ratio just right and I think it should be the default ratio.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the car from Flugplatz to Schwedenkreuz and through the Dottinger Straight.

3. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Simple: Mercedes CLKL (GT1 class) has inverted right mirror (left-right)
    v1.4.1

4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Daytona Nascar Tri Oval
    Car Used: V8 Supercar
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer lobby
    Report: Car gets shot in the air for no apparent reason!

Added clip as example

BCRCGAMING - What was that??

5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: not applicable
    Car Used: not applicable
    Report: Steam doesnt sync asm2 data anymore, also rating dropped back to U1500, not for myself, but someone i know has this issue, tried verifying files, reinstaling, renaming automobilista 2 folder in my documents.

6. laekwondo

laekwondo Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope, stopping and rev'ing the engine does not help.
    We are in MP and most of us are having this issue with sound. It does not seem to be track dependent. Did not get it in SP, but also did not drive that much in SP.

7. WingmanBOT

WingmanBOT New Member

Track & Layout Used: Caschavel (or any)
    Car Used: SuperKarts
    Applicable Settings: dry
    Report: Kart is impossible to drive at speed, steering keeps jumping left and right resulting in immediate spins on straights. Feels like the steering is too sensitive. This has only happened post 1.14 update. Using a CSL DD with standard fanalabs settings but 5 of us have the same issues and we all have a range of Fanatec or Thrustmasters.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive above 20 mph, spin, crash ;)

8. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah it is fine in Single Player but its consistent in MP, Very annoying

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track: Bathurst (but doesnt matter)
    Car: Metalmoro P3
    Report: Getting no fuel during pitstop.
    Video: roccothamanoidis - No fuel on pitstop bug
    Impact: Critical and game breaking for important events

Result:
    Destroyed many days of practice for my 1-stop-strategy to a very possible podium on this event. Where other top cars needed 2 stops. Saved enough (on leaned fuel mix and driving ) to pit very late, with less then 1L left to have enough fuel to do a rich mix (which is about 1-2s faster per lap) in the second half. Very gutted. Despite that, its the best AMS2 we ever had now! <3

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chadd Lowe

Chadd Lowe New Member

Car: Corvette C8R GTE

Track: Any

Bug: In certain replay cameras the car has no exhaust note. It sounds like it’s an electric car

11. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Daytona
    Car Used: Formula V10 Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: On track
    Report: In VR, as soon as the car start rolling, it does a hiccup and shifted the viewing perspective causing you to press a button to "center" it every time. After that, it seems to load up fine without hiccup even when you restart the race.

12. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.1
    Track & Layout Used: Gateway Road Courses
    Car Used: NA
    Report: Track doesn’t seem to have all the brake markers on the road course versions, specifically hard to tell where turn 1 braking starts.

13. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Can confirm. I did post the same on previous page. Smth strange is happening with supercarts

• Like Like x 1
  14. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Copa Classic B (this was at Cascaval, shouldn't matter which tracks)... not sure exactly which car it is ahead of me, but when braking this model of car has it's brake and reverse light illuminate.

Attached Files:

15. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just tested this using Logitech G923 & no issues here. I'm able to go threw all the gears and can race the AI at speed. So I can't recreate it.. I tested with fresh install, using both default & default+. In the other threads, some players are having their ffb/ undrivable issues solved by doing a complete wipe including ams2 in my docs & clean install of 4.1xx

16. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I also used the default ffb (i was on def+) but the prob remains. I did not test the fresh install (or the doc folder deletion) mainly because i will loose all of my dashboard camera settings (unless there is a specific file for this which i miss)

17. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe you could try only deleting the FFB in the my doc's & let it rebuild a new one? Or, rename your 'my doc's AMS2' folder to save it , then to a fresh install and let it rebuild one & see if the prob still exists & if it's fixed you can start replacing files from the renamed folder IDK .. Im also reading in the other thread about players having issues with default+ & wonky steering issues ..?

18. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Μy problem is only with superkarts (as far as i can see). It may be smth with this specific vehicle (i m not having that "oscillation" thing as other ppl have stated, but rather a difficulty going str8 - feels like setup is broken and my line is a big S and not a str8 line..). I will try to recalibrate the wheel or even delete (only) my profile folder..

19. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try turning your gain down slightly and or FX and turn up damping slightly. Switching from Def+ to Def got rid of the oscillation for me completely

20. WingmanBOT

WingmanBOT New Member

I was on D+ as well and so have just tried Default (Gain 60, everything else at 0) and although it dulls the oscillations a little, they are still there along with the notchy feeling in the middle that none of the other cars have. So I decided to recreate the Docs folder in case there was some hangover from a Custom FFB file but no joy, feels the same.

I don't remember the SuperKarts having such a short lock to lock before (90 degrees). Perhaps something odd there?

Also to add, 5 of us raced on Cascavel last night in the SuperKarts and none of us could finish the race. We all have different wheels and we all reported the same snappy behaviour.