1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.2
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: GT3
    Report: Multiple player lobbies. If the lobby is set to Force Authentic Driving Aids= Yes and ABS/Stability/TC=No; the car will sometimes have TC/ABS and sometimes not. Usually in the Practice/Qual I will have it, then when the lobby goes to Race it'll be gone. This happens if I have my GamePlay set to Authentic or Full on/on/on. I've tried going to GamePlay when in the lobbies as well, verify it's all set either to Authentic or Full on/on/on, and still no TC/ABS. I've even pulled over in the race and go to options and the setting revert automatically to off. Very, very frustrating as it's random, not every GT3 race. NOTE: This happened prior to the 1.4 and tonight with 1.4 update.

2. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

The new 1.4.1.2 seems to has fixed the issue with the superkarts. At least on my end

But i agree with @WingmanBOT, 180 degrees for lock to lock wheel rotation makes the car very very snapy in turnings. A 230 - 250 degree option would feel way better..(idk what the real regulations for superkarts say about that tbh)

PS in garage settings you cant go below 18 degrees for steering lock which - would help minimizing this effect :(

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Version: 1.4.1.2
    Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: porsche 911 gt3 cup 4.0
    Report: While in the opponent settings i ve set "player grid position = last", i keep starting every race at p 10. Does not happen with 3.8 car (if it is in any help my no of opponents is 21)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  4. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Car used: Porsche 911 GT1
    There is a tiny bug/mistake on the skins ID: 57 and 59, Part of the new bumper aero is black and also covering sponsors. I dont know if the color is intentional but it looks weird. I like taking screenshots so it's driving me insane :D.

Screenshot_3.png

5. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This bug comes out randomly, it happened to me a few times too, but I didn't understand with which combination, if I remember correctly it happened when I set the aid in authentic and setting TC, ABS and stability control to NO.

6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here's the explanation that I have figured out:

This happens because the game places all the 4.0 cars in the first places and all the 3.8 cars in the last places of the grid. If you select a 4.0 car, then you are placed as the last of the 4.0 cars, which is 10th. If you select a 3.8 car, then you are placed at the end of the 3.8 cars, which coincides with the total last position on the grid.

Basically, what appears to be happening is that even though the 4.0 and 3.8 are the same class of cars, they are not treated by the game as same class when setting the starting grid. :D

Is it a bug?
    1) Certainly from a users perspective I'd like to be last on the grid with my 4.0 car, if I select player position last.
    2) Also, I would expect the 4.0 and 3.8 cars to be mixed somewhat on the grid. Not all 4.0 and then all 3.8

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

@Domagoj Lovric
    Ok so verifying didn't solve it. Did a race on Cordoba where I had the issue (unlisted video below). After the race I went to Test Day and it didn't happen. Went back online and the issue was present. Touc, a few posts below, confirms the same as he and his league mates are running a season with it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Steps to reproduce:
    Maybe
    we found something to investigate to solve this issue: If the Pit Strategy List is full of entries, it may make the actual used strategy fail! As the list fills up quickly with every car you drive, it created a new strategy with the cars name. This could be a priority issue in the code, please look into this to reproduce.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  9. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Daytona
    Car Used: Ultimate Formula Gen 1
    Applicable Settings: wet
    Report: As soon as it rain, the AIs slow down. Please make the AIs drive as fast as if they're on dry lane or make them competitive.

10. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We are doing a season in these and we all can confirm it only happens in Multiplayer.

So fustrating

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

Car Used: Copa Montana
    Report: the right side of the in car rear mirror is broken
    copa montana bug.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used
    : Daytona Oval
    Car Used: F_USA Gen 3
    Applicable Settings: Race
    Report:
    2 times full course yellow during race. I was in the lead and told to reduce speed to 133km/h within a certain time. Did so and 5 cars overtook me. So I tried to get P1 back and then was told to give back positions. So, AI is allowed to overtake when FCY starts, but player has to stick to rules?

2nd time, I reduced speed in the very last legal moment, but AI overtook me, though. Happened in last lap and I lost the race that way.

13. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Daytona oval
    Car Used: F-USA Gen 2
    Report: At Daytona oval it's possible to pass cars under FCY then pit without a penalty. Not a perfect example here as I got a pit speeding penalty but notice the warning to give back position stops counting down with 5 seconds left.

14. Noisy

Noisy New Member

Track & Layout Used: WWT Raceway Road Course Short
    Car Used: Super V8
    Applicable Settings: AI at 95, Aggression max
    Report: AI take the inside kerb at turn 4 too aggressively and can roll the car, even creating pile ups of AI cars if they are too damaged and cannot move.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive a race at WWT RC Short with the Super V8s, I had it happen within a few laps of a 20min race.
    Photo of the result.

Attached Files:

15. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sparks render in one eye only in VR, which looks strange, feels uncomfortable and is not 3D of course…
    There was the same problem with video walls (trackside object) being rendered on one eye only in VR in the past and this got fixed quickly, so there’s hope that this could also get fixed soon.

16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In VR replays the trackside camera position is sometimes not good and you are “inside” of a track Marshall (so you have to look through the model of the Marshall to see the track and the cars), for example @ Interlagos…

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

Track & Layout Used: Bathurst
    Car Used: Porsche GT3
    Applicable Settings: mp lobby race
    Report: Qualified in 8th place. Waited (ready) for about 1,5 minutes until start and then got magically disqualified before the green light.

18. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.1.3
    Track & Layout Used: Fontana oval and Gateway oval
    Car Used: F-USA Gen 2
    Report: Selecting the 98 Reynard Ford shows inaccessible leaderboard in Time Trial. All other F-USA Gen 2 vehicles show the current TT leaderboard.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  19. laekwondo

laekwondo Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wanted to also let you know, that the sound seems to work just fine, if you are alone or with only AI in MP session. It's only with 2 or more players that it starts to happen

20. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To elaborate on that, when i try to download his timetrial setup, this gets shown:
    [​IMG]

Any suggestion what causes this, maybe @CrimsonEminence can have a look into this?