1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, beat me to it, :Dmake sure refueling is allowed in race settings..
    And thank you for pointing that out about the fuel bar! that makes perfect sense now! I thought the bar showed the amount of fuel, not time..:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  2. herakles

herakles Member

Oh my! Always blame the programmers first prior to thinking, the error might be in between the monitor and your chair...

Fault on my side, just as Troodon said, this was just a misconfiguration on my side...

Unbenannt.jpg

Sorry, my fault - no bug!

Best regards,
    herakles

• Like Like x 2
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Custom championships created prior to one of the last hotfixes do not launch. If I click on start nothing happens. The two championships are for mini JCW and GT3 Ginetta.
    20220910_124449.jpg 20220910_124509.jpg

4. Zsozsa

Zsozsa Member AMS2 Club Member

I lose at least half the fps in open VR (HP Reverb G2, rtx 3080) when I compete in the weekly time trial. If I check the same combo in "normal" TT, there is no problem at all. It was the same sitution concering the previous TToWs, either.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. pcraenme

pcraenme Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any used in TTotW events
    Car Used: Any used in TTotW events
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: In TTotW events my FPS are only between 40-45 and GPU load is only around 50%. In all other session types I get 60 FPS easily, even with a full grid of cars.
    Steps to reproduce: Race in TTotW events

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Wild Cheese

Wild Cheese New Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: Ginetta GT3, Mini CSB, may affect other new cars in 1.4
    Applicable Settings: Time trial mode
    Report: Time trial mode still locked for new cars in v1.4
    Steps to reproduce: Picking one of the new cars then you cannot start a time trial session and get the message "LEADERBOARD NOT AVAILABLE FOR CURRENT VEHICLE AND TRACK SELECTION". Seen this for the Ginetta GT3 at Brands GP and the Mini CSB at Oulton park classic and a some other combos but I didn't take screenshots to have a record.

7. 50footELVIS

50footELVIS Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if this goes in TT or where someone observes some in-game bug. This is a Time Trial question I'm forwarding from another Discord member I race with. I'm usually racing online or against aimBOTS in single player. Anyone experience this? Cheers.

Quote: "There's been an issue for several releases (maybe always) where I get lower FPS and lower GPU utilization in Time Trial than a practice session or even a race with a large grid. Many people have reported this behavior. I'm wondering if anyone has looked at capturing the ghost for Time Trial as a possible cause?
    I think there's an opportunity to isolate the cause because I see a difference between cars that can set TT times and those that can't. If I do Time Trial with F-USA Gen 2 at Gateway oval there is a significant difference between the Reynard Ford which currently cannot set leaderboard times and the rest of the vehicles in that class.
    I have an i5-9600K, RTX 3070 Ti and a 120 FPS limit set in NVIDIA Control Panel for AMS2. With the Reynard Ford I get a steady 120 FPS with 75 to 80% GPU utilization and 35 to 45% CPU. With the Reynard Honda I get 71 to 76 FPS with 45 to 50% GPU and 40 to 45% CPU. This happens whether I do a hot lap or a parade lap in 3rd gear.

My display is a single 1440p ultrawide (3440x1440). Operating system and Steam library are on separate NVMe SSDs."

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Obscurehifi

Obscurehifi New Member

Track & Layout Used: Road America
    Car Used: F-USA Gen 3, Reynard 2Ki Ford-Cosworth
    Applicable Settings: Time Trial. Automatic Gear Shifting.
    Report: When using Automatic Shifting, the gear box will sometimes shift straight from 4th to 6th. It seems to hit 5th for a fraction of a second, then shifts to 6th way to early. It doesn't happen all the time but seems to happen more if I'm going slower out of a corner. Might also hit a bump when it's shifting? It causes you to lose a couple of tenths because you have to manually shift down to 5th so you can use the gear it was supposed to be in.
    Steps to reproduce: Accelerate out of a slower corner that is a 2nd or 3rd gear corner. At RA, it happens mostly after T14 but sometimes after T3.

Telemetry shows it here with the green dots of 6th gear directly below the 4th gear redline.
    upload_2022-9-11_17-11-1.png

upload_2022-9-11_17-11-27.png

I reported this a while back but it's still happening. Before, it happened out of Time Trial too.

Thanks

Edit: Corrected typo of T1 instead of T14.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  9. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Any track any setting

formula trainer seems broken all floaty side to side

I think would be a good idea to check each car
    in the sim , Temporarily suspend the broken ones until fixed

thanks

10. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch (probably all)
    Car Used: F3, F-Trainer
    Applicable Settings: Time-Trial (but irrelevant)
    Report: The ambient lighting from curbs is heavily transferred into the cockpit interior lighting. When driving over a green or red/white alternating curb, the dashboard and other elements in the cockpit take the curbs colors. Especially in formula cars without a roof this effect is way to strong. Don't remember this effect that exaggerated a year ago; I'm on an AMD 6600xt.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive some open car (Formula trainer or F3 309) at brands hatch over curbs [maybe need to buy a 6600xt :)].

• Like Like x 1
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They already know and are onto it

• Like Like x 1
  12. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Track & Layout Used:
    Both events under the the online leaderboard challenges section ( currently f1 on Monza & 1 other)
    Time trial of the week

Car Used: both
    Applicable Settings: ( irrelevant)
    Report: Fps performance goes very bad unplayable , however on single player mode or multiplayer mode performance is rock solid

Steps to reproduce: online challenges time trial section

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Jacarepagua Historic 1988 has excessive exposure/bright, washed out look.

Compare to lighting at Jacarepagua Historic 2005, which has better lighting.

14. Yannik Haustein

Yannik Haustein New Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos GP/Monza 1991 (likely any track)
    Car Used: Formula Classic Gen 3 M2 (V10)
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: The car has a considerably smaller fuel tank than the other two cars in the class at 150 liters compared to 195. This makes it pretty much impossible to set up full-length races without refuelling as they would have happened at the time the cars are supposedly from (1991), as the drivers in the V10 car would be at a significant disadvantage.
    We were lucky to catch this as we are having our first league race this Sunday, and the majority of the grid chose the V10 car.
    The Cars of AMS2 website lists the car with a fuel tank size of 195l, however, so I suppose this used to be its size.
    Steps to reproduce: Choose the Formula Classic Gen 3 Model 2 car at any track and fill up the tank to the max. It will top out at 150l.

15. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: The AI in question had a P1 class Ginetta G58. Mine was the DPi.
    Track: Silverstone.
    Applicable Settings: AI difficulty 105, aggression max.
    Report: Two-part report based on a recording from a replay.
    Part 1 is AI backmarker behaviour. They fight you to the last breath when in a situation where they should get blue-flagged and politely drop behind you.
    Part 2 is AI car physics when getting bumped onto two wheels by a sausage curb. The result looks a bit anti-physics.

Video to illustrate:

The car being followed is an AI backmarker at P25, 46 minutes into the race. The car it bumps into is me at P3.

Related feature request: a confirmation dialog box for the "Rewind to start of replay" button.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any with a rear-view screen
    Applicable Settings: VR only
    Report: The rear view screen acts like a mirror
    Steps to reproduce: Get into the car and move your head around and notice that the view on the screen changes

17. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

Car Used: Any with a rear-view screen
    Applicable Settings: VR only
    Report: The rear view screen acts like a mirror
    Steps to reproduce: Get into the car and move your head around and notice that the view on the screen changes

I reported this a year or so ago, so it may be in Reiza's 'to do' list.

18. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Car Used: Formula V12
    Applicable Settings: 50/50 brake ducts; 57 front brake bias
    Report: Rear brakes overheat in relation to fronts, sometimes 100 degrees, up to 200 degrees
    Steps to reproduce: default brake duct settings.
    This is an old bug of the V12s carried over to 1.4

19. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Exactly the same for me
    No idea why
    If I do same car track combo in single player mode any weather my system runs it fine

10900k 3080 quest2

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Car Used: Mclaren F1 GTR
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: It's like it doesnt have a windshield glass, also no rain or dirt effects on it.
    Steps to reproduce: Use it in the rain.
    Mclaren F1 GTR in the rain and a 911 GT1 in the same race for refference.
    20220914194853_1.jpg 20220914194907_1.jpg