1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

Track & Layout Used: (any track)
    Car Used: MetalMoro AJR Honda (P1)
    Applicable Settings: (settings seems irrelevant)
    Report: Driver legs in the incorrect position (not touching the pedals and clipping through the steering wheel).
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the MetalMoro AJR Honda and look down at the legs.
    Comment: Extremely immersion breaking in VR. 20220925093751_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Mini JCW
    Report: Audio crackling/distortion during replays and some external cameras. Like audio static or clipping.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive above car and watch replay...although this can apply to any car.
    Comment: Cannot watch replays, and uploading content to YouTube is making AMS2 out to be a bit messy in the sound department. Please fix.

3. guidc79

guidc79 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Guaporé, Bathrust (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: GT3, Classic FL (seems to happen with any car)
    Applicable Settings: settings seems irrelevant
    Report: Multiplayer lobby locks and doesn't advance to the next step.
    Steps to reproduce: When qualify ends, the event doesn't advance to the race. This has been happening more often in the last week. Today I've entered 4 online races, and only one works.

4. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

This is occuring since a while .. I guess you was not lucky but I agree this is very frustrating when you achieved lot of Time in test and qual session then you cannot go on race ... I didn t find a pattern yet. The Three or four Time it appeared last Time with was busy lobby ( dunno if it is a condition). I noticed on the ones I ve been patient enough to Wait ( and the lobby was not getting empty because of that) that at one point you are able to finally go at race. Not sure if it is because a timeout somewhere or because the lead of the session goes to Someone that have the ability/permission to get an action from the game when clicking on the continue button.

That and the freeze are the two MP Killers. People give Up at one point and cannot blame them

5. Daniel Goulart

Daniel Goulart New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: (Any track)
    Car Used: (Any car)
    Applicable Settings: (Any settings)
    Report: The game crashes with the following message:
    upload_2022-9-25_15-44-57.png
    Steps to reproduce: Appears to be when I'm getting out of the pits.

6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Verify game files on Steam.
    Are you out of disc space?
    Maybe you have the folder read only for some reason?

7. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

Car Used: (any car)
    Applicable Settings: World Scaling in the Cockpit Configuration Menu
    Report: In VR (Steam VR), the old Project Cars World Scaling setting appears behind the AMS 2 World Scaling setting.
    Steps to reproduce: Load any car and track in VR, escape to the menu, select Cockpit Configuration. 20220925214119_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This one (fogged mirrors) has been around since ever. No pattern, seems to be random... fogged mirrors.png

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track: Fontana Oval
    Vehicle: Formula Classic Gen 3 (maybe other cars, too)
    Report:
    AI cars often crash into wall when trying to exit their spot in pitlane. With damage activated, many cars have a DNF or do net set a time in training/qualifying.

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I still suffer from complete loss of FFB from time to time, no matter if a custom FFB file is in use or not.

Using a Fanatec DD2 and a Thrustmaster TS-XW on my second PC. None of the wheels gets hot or is causing problems in any other racing game, it just occurs in AMS 2.
    In early builds, the wheel was pulling hard to the right from time to time. Since that was fixed, FFB often stops working entirely. Sometimes, I play for many hours without that issue whilst the next time, it is there just after some minutes of driving.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  11. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track:
    Vehicle: trucks
    Report: ffb inverted when using the unedited custom ffb file

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

Car Used: Any Car with onboard Brake Bias control (used GT3 to show comparison to TC/ABS)
    Applicable Settings: HUD is visible
    Report: Brake bias hud shows a new popup for each incremental change which fills your view and makes it hard to see what the final setting is. (Compared to the TC/ABS hud which shows each change in the same hud popup)
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any GT3 and change the brake bias while driving (change the TC or ABS to see how it should be) 20220926192819_1.jpg

13. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

Track & Layout Used: Imola GP (latest version)
    Car Used: (any car)
    Applicable Settings: (max graphics setting)
    Report: Low resolution tree sprites.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive on Imola and look at the trees on the left of the back straight just before Variante Alta chicane.
    Comment: I know this isn't a bug but wasn't sure where to post it. You don't have to directly look at the trees to see that they are low resolution, you can see it even when driving normally and looking forward, which makes it a distraction since they stick out like a sore thumb. 20220926194722_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

Car Used: Any GT3 car
    Report: TC and ABS don't change on the dash display.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any GT3 car, change the dash display so the the TC or ABS setting is visible, and change the onboard TC or ABS. 20220926193627_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Have from Time to Time lost of FFB except for engine rpm feedback . Happend to me recently with GT1 when goes off of box. Quit the session and join again doens t fix the problem. Only game restart fixes the problem. ( Accuforce V2 )

16. Flying_Hawkic

Flying_Hawkic Member

Just came here to report the same bug. It happens in multiple cars and it makes the car undriveable for me in VR. It also happens to the BMW GT4 (severely off) and in the Porsche GT4, the legs are also slightly off.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marg

Marg Active Member

Just came across strange bug (I think). I have a championship mode with F-USA Gen2 (1998). In Round 2 - Long Beach, setu,p which is loaded, is oval setup either WWT Oval or Brandshatch Indy. Earlier it was OK, but here I was unable to compete with AI the car (Swift chassis) was unstable and loose. I remembered that at 81% opponent strength I was quite strong, but not this time, and then I looked at setup screen, oops.... In single race mode it's OK, setup is "Long Beach", where I see "soft slicks" not "oval slicks", etc....

18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-9-29_18-20-15.png

Seriously, this happens way more often than it should be acceptable. When I say AMS2 MP is terrible, one of the reasons is this. I think this part of the game needs to be reworked from the ground up, it is not on par with the rest of the sim. Besides, it makes AMS2 look really amateurish for those who don't follow it closely.

19. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Gateway WWC Raceway Road Course Short and Long layouts
    Car Used: Mini JCW but irrelevant
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: Increase the loading distance of the white tire wall on T1
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any car and on T1 you'll see plenty of space for runoff but once you're committed there's no way back on a corner with wide entry as it tightens.

Tires on the outside with only 4 stacks loaded:
    ss120121.jpg

The wall on the outside is now larger by two additional stacks:
    ss120117.jpg

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  20. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Track & Layout Used: jacarepagua 2005
    Car Used: Sprint Race
    Applicable Settings: Custom championship: Race (15L) AI 110, aggresion high
    Real weather (07-04-2019 18:00 hours I think and real time so no time multiplier). The race started dry and it started to rain during lap 3
    Report: 1: Although there was no time acceleration the weather comes and goes extemely fast, and the track is soaked instantly, as though there is a 5 or 10 times acceleration.
    2: Had to restart a couple of times because of no grip in the wet. The rain differs hugely per try (if you quit the championship and get back in, or restart the game).
    3: The AI has much more grip than the player when it is wet. Especially acceleration and deceleration. They just drive away from you like the track is damp for them and completely soaked for me.
    4: The pit entrance is slippery as ice. Car kept on sliding at 3 - 4 km/hour sideways for tens of meters. So no way to enter the pits. The AI has no problem at all and drives over it like it is a bit damp

Steps to reproduce: Start a race (maybe in championship) at specific time and date and try to get back into the pits when it starts raining and the track is soaked.

• Agree Agree x 1