1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Johnny37

Johnny37 Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa 1970
    Car Used: Cadillac DPI
    Applicable Settings: clear weather 00:00AM
    Report: there is no track textures at all, just the cars floating in a grey void.
    there is collision and no visual effects from car interactions with the track like sparks coming from below the cars (from hitting the ground) and smoke from tires.
    if you pause the game it will crash to desktop
    photo_2022-10-30_16-22-24.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Track & Layout Used: Daytona Tri Oval
    Car Used: Group C Porsche / GTE so I guess all cars
    Applicable Settings: Standing start (I know I know... duh... its an oval...)
    Report: All AI cars move/slip down the banked road by a foot syncronised at the start
    Steps to reproduce: As above.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa 1970
    Car Used: happens with all cars i believe
    Applicable Settings: Test Day
    Report: The little white posts alongside the track go through your car, instead of getting flicked up in the air for example, which looks very strange.
    20221031214847_1.jpg 20221031214152_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Montreal (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: corvette GTE
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Rain
    Report: during race , Rain droplets stay stationnary on the windshield even wipers were ON ( low) and car speeding. Wipe doesn t clean the windshield giving the feeling the wipers doesn t touch the glass ( VR ). With wipers on HiGH speed it clean the whindshield.

Steps to reproduce: Drive the corvette in a Rainy session racing behind other cars, and pay attention to the windshield, at one point the phenomena occurs. ( v1.4.3.0)

5. Kelvin Tee

Kelvin Tee New Member

Hi there,

My name is Kelvin and I represent Vertex Esports. We run a regional esports championship and would like to use AMS2 for it. However, we have encountered some bugs, could you assist?

Track & Layout Used
    : Interlagos Kart Track (Kartódromo de Interlagos)
    Car Used: 125cc Kart (no Shifter)
    Applicable Settings: Irrelevant
    Report: Broadcast cameras shake and the karts shake once the kart engine is started.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the 125cc Kart (no shifter) and watch the race in Race Director mode. The Karts will wobble and shake.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Track & Layout Used: Spa 1970 (no chicane)
    Car Used: formula classic g1m1
    Applicable Settings: Damage high

Report 1:
    The bug where the wheels don't return to the car when returned to the pits after losing them in an accident...

Report 2: Found a hole on the outside of Blanchimont. I hit the outside armco on the left just before and came to a complete stop in the hole without touching the fence in Blanchimont.

20221102230639_1.jpg 20221102230836_1.jpg 20221102230937_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

New Track & Layout Used: Road America
    Car Used: BMW 2002
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer
    Build: 1.4.3.0. 2189

I cannot do throttle input at all in multiplayer. No matter which button I put "throttle" on, it doesn't react at all despite the fact that I can change the button that throttle is mapped to.

8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The game does not render the game in the main viewport when running at lower resolution than the native resolution set for nVidia's Surround.

The menu and hud overlays are rendered, but the game world is not, so the viewport is just a black screen with the hud rendered over it.

9. ZakMcKracken

ZakMcKracken New Member

Report: Final lap for qualify only counts players time and not AI laps.
    This is most apparent and easy to test in short (5min, one shot style) qualify sessions with slower cars (e.g. 90 dtms on spa).

The player will get the message for the final lap of qualifying and will finish e.g. on place 4th.
    The continue screen will appear, when staying on the screen and waiting for some AI cars to finish.
    The place may change to e.g. 19th because the final laps of the still running AI cars was better, however after pressing continue the player will still start the race at 4th position.

Steps to reproduce:
    - use short qualify time of 5 minutes
    - add at least 20-30 AI cars
    - be one of the first on the track
    - do NOT try to be the fastest in out lap and actual qualifying lap :rolleyes:
    - stay on continue screen after qualifying for a bit and wait for some AI to finish with better times
    - see own position change in result screen
    - start race and observe that position change is IGNORED

Build: 1.4.3.0. 2189 and I think all before (never worked right whenever I tested through the years)

10. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Buenos Aires #8
    Car Used: Metamoro P2
    Applicable Settings: timed race (30M)
    Report: Half of the field got the cool down lap notification while the leaders were still on the final lap, but it was not even across the board, some in the back of the field did not get the notification and were able to overtake the cars "cooling down". By the time the leaders finished their final lap people were already on the final screen with the save replay button. It appears that the race showed that it ended prematurely for them.

EDIT: it looks like the leader crossed the line within milliseconds of the timer going 0:00. So it have some drivers +1 but not all. I wonder if that relates back to slight syncing differences.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Buenos Aires #8
    Car Used: Metamoro P2
    Applicable Settings: timed race (30M)
    Report: During practice and Quali, about 3 players out of 22 would get notifications for pit penalties while sitting in the pit stall, or driving down the pit lane below the limit. This happened every time they were in the pits which ended up giving them grid penalties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Jerez Moto (No Chicane)
    Car Used: Ginetta GT4, GT4 race
    Applicable Settings: MP race, with countdown to the race
    Report: During the countdown to the race start, the UI will not respond to mouse clicks, keyboard or wheel inputs. Could not click "ready"
    Steps to reproduce: Simply wait for the lobby to roll from quali to race.
    Note: Playing on Release Candidate V1.4.3.0.2189.
    Also, noticed a new symbol (most likely a save icon) on the bottom right - I highly suspect that it was the cause of the issue.

Attached Files:

13. HopelessSoap

HopelessSoap New Member

Over-saturated Colors when using Quest 2

Track & Layout Used
    : Laguna Seca 2020 (Happens on any track)
    Car Used: Cadillac DPi-VR (Happens when using any car)
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Medium Cloud, 0:00 (Easiest way to see the problem)
    Report: The colors when using the Oculus Quest to are way over saturated. This is clearest when looking at dark areas, where the color-banding is extremely obvious.
    Steps to Reproduce: While this happens on any track, with any car, it is clearest when looking at dark areas, specifically ones that have gradients. The easiest way to see the issue is to look at the clouds when it is night, there is extremely obvious color banding caused by the over saturated colors.
    While I am not a developer, I believe that this may be related to the problem: Set Color Space | Oculus Developers
    This only happens when looking at the game though the Quest 2 headset, and doesn't show up in screenshots. As such the attached photo is edited to recreate the effect.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Track & Layout Used: Jacarepagua Historic 2005
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate 2022
    Applicable Settings: Online
    Report: I approached a lapped car late in the race into T1, broke way early and lined it up to follow them through the line of T1 only to see them run wide and I was forced to take the inside as they backed off. To me it all looked clean and no damage or any warnings. Only to hear over VOIP that I had rammed them off track from behind on their end.

I had no damage, they were forced to retire.

It was all smooth on my end no major warps, they saw me 1 second behind them heading into T1 and suddenly I was in their rear.

15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Hockenheim 1977
    Report:
    Replays of races are still completely useless, showing trees and buildings all the time instead of action on track. This bug is there and was often reported since the track was released in 2020!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  16. ThijsTurbo

ThijsTurbo New Member

Track & Layout Used: -
    Car Used: -
    Applicable Settings: championship menu
    Report: if I want to create a new championship or select a standard I can drive it directly. when I come back to the championship menu later I can't click on this championship anymore, the only thing left to do is delete it.
    Steps to reproduce: try to create a new championship and come back later to ride it. tried several times, still doesn't work.

17. Flying_Hawkic

Flying_Hawkic Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: multiplayer
    Report: people being invisible to other people, resulting in a crash for the invisible person. This bug has been reported in the past probably, but it is a gamebreaking bug and it is already there for a couple of months. People will abandon AMS2 if it doesn't get fixed.
    Steps to reproduce: pretty simple: organise a dedicated multiplayer lobby and organise a race. The invisible car looks like it's hovering over the track or the car is somewhere high up in the air. See

18. Flying_Hawkic

Flying_Hawkic Member

Track & Layout Used: Watkins Glen with chicane
    Car Used: Sigma P1
    Applicable Settings: multiplayer with rain
    Report: in the replay, the slicks look like rain tires and vice versa. The visuals of the thread are switched.

19. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Azur
    Car Used: F1 V10 Gen2
    Applicable Settings: race
    Report: During pitstop the Stop Sign Guy of the other teams are standing in the track below the pitlane. See screenshot as example,

Attached Files:

20. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used:Jacarepagua oval
    Car Used: CART 2000)
    Applicable Settings: Skill 95, Aggression Max, October RC
    Report: There is a invisable wall that is snagging the wheels off of passing cars and also caused my game to crash the first time it happened. Video attached for proof.