1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You are welcome. No need to apology.;)
    Sometimes, after an update, the game resets some of the settings, for example the date of the race.

2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Track & Layout Used: Indy Oval
    Car Used: Formula USA Gen 3 Reynard Mercedes
    Applicable Settings: Online race open set ups
    Report: Set up goes wonky when returning to the pits on occasion, as others have stated it goes into drift mode as if there's less downforce or grip at the rear than there should be... Resetting to default set ups fixed it...
    Steps to reproduce: Drive a few laps then return to the pits via the menu... Doesn't happen everytime but happened twice within 20 minutes...

Track & Layout Used: Indy Oval
    Car Used: Formula USA Gen 3
    Applicable Settings: Online race cut track active, no damage.
    Report: Wallriding is the fastest way around the track.
    Steps to reproduce: Hit the wall out of T1 and T3 on the right angle and you'll not get slowed by the contact...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  3. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In vr when in the pits or garage the picture jumps up and down by a foot or so, it's like it can't decide whether or or not you're jacked up for a wheel change, happens on any track it's horrible..
    Sometimes pausing/unpausing helps but not always.
    Anyone else seeing this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Deleted

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  5. John Caetano

John Caetano Member

IDK if this is a bug or not but the Volkswagen Fusca CCFL does not have working headlights, only tail lights. All other vehicles in this class have working headlights.

6. WAYNE SIMONDS

WAYNE SIMONDS New Member

Track & Layout Used: I had been at Daytona, (road course), but I dont believe the track is the issuel
    Car Used: GT4 cars appear to be the issue
    Applicable Settings: Multi class
    Report: GT4 cars overwrite other classes (except GT3) when trying to create a multiclass offline race
    Steps to reproduce
    I started trying to make a multiclass race with 3 different series of cars. GT3 (which I would drive), GT4 and P1.
    I selected the series and then customized the quantity of cars (13 GT3, 11 GT4 and 8 P1).
    When I went into the race, but the P1 cars were not there, and there were 19 GT4 cars. I exited out of the race, cleared the opponents and did it again, and I got the same result. I also tried different quantities of the various series, but it didn't help.
    I then decided to replace the P1 cars with P2's, but exactly the same thing happened. I then tried GT3 + P1 +P2, and that worked just find. Also GT3 + GT5 + P1 +P2 was good.Not
    It would appear that there is an issue with the GT4 cars, as they replace the AI cars from any other series.
    I wanted to get this bug out there. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but I did see some posts that seemed to indicate others were having some multiclass concerns,

7. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

CTD with Omega99 at two track while loading: Slavador Street and Velopark 2017. Tracks load fine with other cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Durdre

Durdre New Member

I am also getting CTD with the Stock Omega99 across various tracks - I am relieved that I am not the only person having this issue!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scar666

Track & Layout Used: Laguna Seca
    Car Used: I ran the DPi but there were GTEs on the server as well.
    Applicable Settings: Online 40 minute race.
    Report: Random lag events would happen with half the field...

Racing other Protos at the front was hit or miss depending on the lap for a few and GT cars usually had a what I would describe as a loss of FPS in front of me on the left before the run up the hill to the corkscrew if I wasn't right behind them and on the inside braking early to miss any warps by being on line... Which scared a couple GT drivers as it looked to them I was going to divebomb when I wasn't...

Others report lag incidents and regular ones... Plus one frame rate drop around the 30 minute marker...

One Prototype had multiple lines going around many of the corners in front of me... The prediction had them going wide into the dirt on a few occasions only to go back on track where they should be and at speed like they hadn't hit the dirt at all... A return of the different experiences from the bug report I made a few weeks ago... I'm sure if I put my car on the inside they would of warped into my car given how many lines they could take at once through the Andretti hairpin by warping from one to the other...

Most GTs had little spurts of lag with very few warps, but it was constant enough when following a GT to make me not out brake them unless they were going wide and slow... The prediction looked like it had low frame rates... So cars would often move around a lot through corners but no where near as much as the one Prototype described as much... The movement was enough to make the corner before the corkscrew unsafe to be behind a GT...

Weirdly the GTs would become smooth if I was really close and on a different line to them... But if I was a second or so behind them it was like the frames had dropped but the environment was buttery smooth...

Steps to reproduce: Drive a server with 15 or more drivers with 2 classes on it where the drivers come from all parts of the world...

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Scar666

Track & Layout Used: Laguna Seca
    Car Used: I ran the DPi but there were GTEs on the server as well.
    Applicable Settings: Online 40 minute race, entered server during practice.
    Report: Random mirror glitch...
    Steps to reproduce: Enter a server at Laguna Seca as a guest in the DPi and see if it glitches... Happened once out of around 4 joins to the same server
    20221126114041_1.jpg
    It looks like I've done a burnout... I had not...

11. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Version: 1.4.3.3
    Track: Jacarepaguá 2005 Oval
    Car: Group C
    Report: Different pit speed for Merc/Porsche vs Corvette cars (100/60).

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Azure Circuit
    Car Used: JCW Mini
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Car fails to auto start, even with this enabled in game options
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the car out of the garage

To fix this you have to go into options change auto start to off, then set it back to on and you can drive the car

13. Donnchadh MacGarry

Donnchadh MacGarry Leprechaun Member AMS2 Club Member

Its happening with everyone it seems. I was meant to race this car today with a bunch of friends and we decided yesterday to change to a different car as we were all getting CTD when trying to test drive the 1999 Omega on a whole bunch of tracks. One of my firends said it happens with non-oval tracks but the oval ones are fine, but I did not test this myself.

14. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

Track: Daytona Sports Car circuit
    Report: Bad speed balance for Porsche 962 vs Corvette GTP: the Corvette is about 3'' faster than 962, it is totally unrealistic

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  15. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

Track: Imola, Monza, Silverstone, Hockenheim (and many others)
    Report: Bad speed balance for Porsche 962 vs Mercs C9: theC9 is about 2-4'' faster than 962, too much difference in performance

16. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Since the Omega99 is one of the additional, recent oval vehicles in AMS2, hopefully it is a relatively easy fix for Reiza to tweak the street version code to work correctly again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. notanexpert

notanexpert New Member

Track: VIR (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: GTP Corvette (happens with all cars)
    Applicable Settings: Real weather set to "on"/custom championship/Livetrack preset
    Report: Livetrack presets in custom championships are still not fixed
    Steps to reproduce: Set Livetrack preset on practice/qualy to medium rubber > save > back out of menu and repeat for race 1. From the "START NEW CHAMPIONSHIP." screen if you return to edit your championship, all of the live track settings are returned to default (they also return to default if you do not reenter the edit screen and go straight to the first event). If you complete practice and qualifying > exit game > return to race later, the track returns to what I assume is the green setting.

18. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track: Nurburgring Sprint 2020
    Report: VR trackside cams are for the full GP layout, not the smaller Sprint version.

19. TacticalNuclearPingu

TacticalNuclearPingu Member AMS2 Club Member

Track: Silverstone 2001 GP
    Car Used: V10 Gen 1 Model 1 (Generic)
    Applicable Settings: Manual engine start, manual ignition. Ignition is off.
    Report: Engine whilst off rises in revs until it blows up (at around 38K), even waiting on the grid. Engine is off, ignition is off. No throttle or clutch used, or detected on inputs. Please see attached videos.
    Steps to reproduce: Once encountered, there was no way of stopping it. I've attached a couple of videos of it happening. It happened at the end of quali originally then again on the grid in the same MP session. I created a second lobby with no qualifying and it did it again on the grid. I managed to get it running once somehow in quali, I depressed the clutch but when I gave it revs it hit the limiter and blew again. Finally after sitting on the clutch in the garage the rev rise seemed to pass and I could pull away. Impossible sat on the grid.

EDIT: The setup was reset to the default during qualifying. Engine braking setting was at 9.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  20. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Jerez moto
    Car Used: sprint cars
    Applicable Settings: -
    Report: warning for crossing the white pit line when driving out of the garage, onto the fastlane in the pit.
    Steps to reproduce: Happens when racing with 19 AI.

I guess the boundaries for the pit line are not set correctly. Not a big issue though.