1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

A small one:
    When you have dirt on windshield enabled, you can not clean it by using the wipers, just as if the dirt was on the inside of the shield.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ZakMcKracken

ZakMcKracken New Member

Report: Custom championship races with time acceleration that are shortened by the race length percentage option will accelerate time to ridiculous speeds
    Steps to reproduce: Create a custom championship race , set race length to 1H or high number of laps, set time acceleration to 60x for the race session.
    Start championship but set race length to 50%/10%/1% and see time acceleration skyrocket :eek:
    The longer the race time / amount of laps , the more pronounced the effect.

Time acceleration by the race seems to be included in calculation of total race time when lowering the race length percentage, sample:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Game version: 1.4.3.3
    Track & Layout Used: Spielberg GP and also Spa 2022
    Car Used: BMW M1 Procar
    Applicable Settings: Single player race with AI, same class. AI: 105%.
    Race settings: Two weather slots, sunny and rain, sync to race, 30 laps, no time progression.
    : Started from pole. In lap 10, rain began to fall. In 12th lap, track was soaked and slippy and I went to the pits for rain tyres (chosen in strategy before race and in ICM during driving).
    My lead was about 20 seconds when pitting.
    Then, the horror started. Rain tyres were much more slippy than slicks, tyre temp was ok, though (green in HUD). I could hardly keep the car on track and my laptimes of course decreased dramatically.
    But the AI which had not pitted yet at this moment could easily do same laptimes than on dry track, still going on slicks. Quite soon, I was at the end of the pack. Many AI just pitted on lap 26, going on worn slicks on a totally wet track for ages, achieving almost same laptimes than before in dry conditions.

The rain tyres seem to be completely broken for this car and the AI is way too fast on slicks on a soaked track.
    With settings like that, driving in changing weather conditions is absolutely pointless.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any (tested on both oval and regular track)
    Car Used: McLaren MP4/12
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer (other settings seems irrelevant)
    Report: The player who joins an online lobby and races with McLaren MP4/12 will have the car sound cut out for them. Only the player who creates the lobby can hear his own McLaren MP4/12 engine sound correctly. We tried with a friend this both ways. First I hosted and then he hosted the lobby. I believe this got broken around the release of V1.4.1.0
    Steps to reproduce: Join an online lobby with McLaren MP4/12 and drive the car. You will hear the engine sound cut out. In single payer the car works fine.

We have with a friend right now both made clean installs of our game. Only the settings folders were reused.

This means the McLaren MP4/12 has been undrivable in the lobby for many months now. Please fix this. The sound worked before and the car is otherwise very good.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to clarify - its fine if he runs it in single player, but not when he joins a lobby and selects the car.

6. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Whenever this post mentions "championship", it means a "custom championship" unless otherwise specified.

Game version:
    V1.4.3.3.2216.AVX
    Report: Something is breaking running championships. The broken championship is still shown in the game, the drivers and points are listed, but when you click "Start" to go into the next session from the championship menu, nothing happens.

I have had four championships break in the last few weeks. Three of them were ongoing. I created three new ones yesterday. The one created first works. The second one doesn't work, I can't even get to the practice session of the first race. The championship created last works.

In the image below, the first and last ones work. The two in the middle are broken. Number 2 was ongoing. 1, 3 and 4 hadn't been started yet, only created. Order of creation is 2, 1, 3, 4, the newest being 4.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately I can't find a way to replicate this.

I've been trying out the Racing Life app and this problem means that I have to drive the remaining races in the broken championships as single races and count the points by hand in a spreadsheet. Even then it messes things up since you'll have different drivers in the single race than you had in the championship (unless you jump through some extra hoops to limit the roster which I haven't done).

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
  7. Spinninggenius

Spinninggenius New Member

I'm having exactly the same problem in both of my existing championships - I can open them up, and view the standings and calendar, but when I press Start, to go to the next race, nothing happens. I've only noticed this today but it's been a week or so since I tried to use either of these championships.

8. laekwondo

laekwondo Member AMS2 Club Member

I now also have the Sparco P310 Wheel, ID is the same as with other non advanced mode wheels:
    upload_2022-12-14_16-29-21.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game version: 1.4.3.3
    Track: Watkins Inner Loop
    Car: G40 Cup
    Settings: Vr
    Report: Gearbox whine in the replay comes in from the opposite side of the stereo field. If the car is coming from the left, you'll hear the gearbox whine approach from the right. Also the gearbox volume is significantly louder at far distances than the engine noise.

10. Race4Fun

Race4Fun New Member

Track limits have been known issue for a long time and still nothing...unbelievable

11. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Track & Layout Used: Kansai GP
    Car Used: DPi and GTE
    Applicable Settings: Online 40 minute race hosted through JustRace.net
    Report: 2 major warp incidents where a car appeared suddenly and at speed behind someone after being reported 2 seconds up the road the previous corner. The on I was involved with was with a GT car through the Spoon corner. They were far enough up the road to not be on the map whilst going through the fast right then they were suddenly behind me going through the middle of the 2 spoon corners...
    Steps to reproduce: Go online with more than 8 people located in multiple continents and race for long enough for it to happen...

12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Road America (maybe it happens on other tracks, too)
    Car Used: Formula USA Gen 1, 2 and 3 (maybe also other car classes)
    Applicable Settings: Race Weekend with AI
    Report:
    Even with radiator opening set to 100%, the engine wear is about 1% per lap. It is not possible to finish a race of original length (55 laps) without having a repair in pits which takes ages. Without repair, the engine breaks down. AI obviously does not suffer from this issue.
    Is it supposed to be like that?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  13. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Nürburgring Sprint (possibly other layouts with the same T1)
    Applicable Settings: Race session, single player
    Report: Turn 1 in Nürburgring Sprint causes a lot of ghosting even among cars that are racing normally. Pictured below is a fight for position.
    [​IMG]

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

F_USA Gen 2:
    Custom helmets do not work on oval tracks.

15. kizWRX

kizWRX New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Omega stock
    Applicable Settings:
    : Game crashes just at the end of loading session, only happens in the omega
    Steps to reproduce: try to load up a session with the omega stock

16. lozarcher

lozarcher New Member

With quite a bit of trial and error we've worked out that the "flying car" issue in multiplayer is certainly on the "witness" side rather than the "floater" or server side.

If you are witnessing a floating/flying car, rejoining the lobby does help.

Still unable to reliably reproduce the issue.

Internet speed, latency and connection type doesn't seem to be a cause.

Waiting for the next session has never worked for this issue.

Rejoining the lobby has worked at every attempt for multiple people for several weeks now.

17. Pink_Stripes

Pink_Stripes New Member

I am having this exact issue and I have another friend you told me he's experiencing it as well. I am on Win 10 on the main/stable branch of the game. It happens no matter what livery, track, or game mode I choose. I do not have any liveries or custom AI or any other mods installed for these cars. The crash happens when the loading bar at the top of the screen is about 3/4 full. Pls halp.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Omega Stock on road courses CTD will be sorted with next update.

• Like Like x 2
  19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The Stockcar Omega can be used on ovals

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member