1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Is there something I can do to fix this?

2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

This will also happen when you have a controller that wasn't connected when you set up the profile...

For example if I leave my xbox controller in it'll screw up the entire profile and I have to start from scratch...

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

We are reporting here so the people who can fix it have plenty of details.

4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

True

5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: V1.4.5.2
    Track: Spielberg Historic no chicane
    Car: FRetroG1
    Applicable settings: Single Race(though it might happen in all modes), Random weather, sync to race
    Report: When the track dried enough for slicks, the AI would pit but not change tires, happened every lap.

6. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Just to confirm, the broken suspension is also the case for Formula Vintage Gen 1 Model 2 ss201706.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. stum

stum New Member

Crossing pitlane penalty error (from within garage)

Track & Layout Used
    : Buenos Aires #12
    Car Used: M1 Procar
    Applicable Settings: Qualifying - Pitboxes 2 and 3 (possibly more)
    Report: League race (24 drivers)
    The drivers in pitboxes 2 and 3 (I think, they are not numbered - pitboxes closest to pit entry) were getting warnings and then penalties for crossing pitlane while still in their garage.
    Warnings appeared first then grid penalties were applied.
    One driver lost 2 grid positions, the other 3 grid positions from consistent crossing pitlane warnings as soon as they selected Drive after returning to their pitbox.

Steps to reproduce: 24 drivers, qualifying session, M1 procar, drivers in the garages nearest pitlane entry select drive

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. andy_east123

andy_east123 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Cadwell Park (but the issue is common across the circuits to varying degrees)
    Car Used: JCW Mini
    Applicable Settings: Clear (but the issue is common across the different conditions to varying degrees)
    Report: AI Strength when at 120 is very weak
    Steps to reproduce: Drive a quick race with the JCW Mini at Cadwell Park and drive away from them at 3.5secs + per lap.. in a 40 min race, you could lap the field.

Suggestion (from a layman's perspective):
    The delta time used for 120 difficulty be the world record time for that particular track and class combination.
    As circuit conditions for that world time are known, the lap time could be used as the benchmark for 120 difficulty, and then adjusted to suit lower difficulty levels and/or conditions.

Doing this will mean that the relative difficulty will move with the development of car set-up and driver ability of those playing the game across the globe.

It would mean that even the very best in the world will be able to race the AI and get a proper race.
    Even an alien could set it to 120 and expect to be in the mid-field slogging it out, or set it to 118 or so and they can be fighting at the front and chasing the win down.

I really think this development could add value to your platform.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. lupo7897

lupo7897 New Member

same problem. Solution found? :(

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please try deactivating UDP frequency in AMS2 system settings menu.

11. lupo7897

lupo7897 New Member

was never activated. Windows reinstalled. Turned off core isolation, turned off xmp, reinstalled game, drivers up to date. only ams2 and pc2 the problem. I love Ams but it makes it impossible to play. Hardware 12700k, 4090, 1000w

12. Scar666

This happens with a lot of cars..

Personally I think a quicker fix would be to open up the difficulty range up to 200 as they'd have to tune the AI to each track and tune each car to that tracks current WR...

13. andy_east123

andy_east123 New Member

I certainly agree that the ability to up the value further would potentially be a quicker solution to implement. I'd be happy with this approach also.

14. Hweaton

Hweaton New Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos (Brazil used in video, affects all tracks though)
    Car Used: Formula USA Gen 3 (Although not limited to those, as I noticed it happening to the Formula Classic Gen 3 cars too)
    Applicable Settings: I haven't found a setting that doesn't cause this to happen. It is most prevalent when monitoring from the pits or spectating as race director/broadcaster, however.
    Report: Cars appear to be bouncing as if they are clipping through the track and then reappearing rapidly, causing the spectator to view a very odd display. Appears when driving, but not as noticeable.
    Steps to reproduce: Go into any session with the formula USA Gen 3 cars and monitor other players driving around, try hood and first person cameras for biggest effect. You will notice the bouncing.

Video evidence (ignore sound, we were goofing): AMA Indycar Glitches - Google Drive
    First video shows it at 20 seconds. Second video shows it at 56 seconds.

Edit: A highlight video from our preseason testing event, the bounciness is pretty extreme.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  15. vicnet11

vicnet11 New Member

Track & Layout Used: I tested in Imola and Silverstone
    Car Used: F1 Ultimate 2019
    Applicable Settings: In single race or championship mode
    Report: happens when you brake not in practice mode
    Steps to reproduce:As seen in the video, it happens when you do hard braking

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.5.2
    Track & Layout Used: ANY TRACK
    Car Used: FORMULA CLASSIC GEN 4 - MCLAREN
    Applicable Settings: setup stock
    Report: the car with the standard setup is easily 2 seconds behind the other cars in the category

17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

F-USA all Gens
    Indianapolis Oval
    Race against AI

Lapping backmarkers can turn into a nightmare on this track. The start going side by side in front of you, breaktest you in corners (especially in T3), cross your line when you try to pass, move over to your side and ram you. AI drives as if they were completely blind. They although can be fast on the straight after T2 despite their poor entry. They also constantly ram each others on highspeed without suffering from damage, whilst player immediately has to pit for a repair in such a case.
    If someone drives like the AI in MP, he would be kicked from server. ;)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Scar666

Version: 1.4.5.2
    Track & Layout Used: VIR
    Car Used: DPi & GTE
    Applicable Settings: Server hosted through Just Race, 20 drivers 40 minute race...
    Report: Multiple large warps throughout the races 3 of them had major off track incidents before returning to their actual lines...

19. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Subject: All FWD cars
    Problem: The force on the front axle and thus on the steering axle is much too high. It is felt much more clearly on dds with high forces. I hope Reiza will change it in physics

20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

F-USA Gen2
    Daytona Oval
    Race against AI
    Settings:
    Full grid (24 AI)
    Damage on, damage scale medium, mechanical damage on. Random damage of.
    Race length: 30 minutes

Report: 15 out of 24 AI retired with a blown engine. 12 of them within the first 10 minutes.