1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

are you using default setup or have you stiffened dampers by any chance?

2. ZakMcKracken

ZakMcKracken New Member

I can confirm this bug, even on ULTRA this is happening.
    Barely noticeable with the stock livery of the mercedes truck, but visible degradation to the cabin and the "truck" sticker on the lower left gets mirrored.
    Usually ULTRA does NO or minior detail switching for other cars (at least not that early), replay looks perfect in comparison. So something weird with LOD ranges for sure , switching way to soon to lowest mode.
    Try LOW to only see mirrored textures during race (excluding only your own vehicle in external view)

3. ZakMcKracken

ZakMcKracken New Member

Report: Sidewall of Formula Trainer and Formula Trainer Advance turns in the opposite direction than the tire when looking backwards.
    Steps to reproduce: Slowly roll forwards / backwards with any Formula Trainer car looking back
    Screenshot from 2023-03-14 20-02-46.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.6.1.2267.AVX
    Track & Layout Used: Interlagos Kart One
    Car Used: Kart GX390 Rental
    Applicable Settings: Tested with Fanatec CSW 2.5 wheel, both with Default and Default+ FFB
    Report: Soft stops when overturning the wheel (at more than 90 degrees with the Rental Kart) can no longer be felt, there is just a constant mild resistance.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Delete Documents\Automobilista 2 folder
    2. Revert to branch previousbuild (version 1.4.5.2.2247.AVX)
    3. Launch AMS2, calibrate wheel, calibrate pedals
    4. Expected behavior: On track, overturn the wheel. At 90 degrees left or right, the soft stops are felt as a clear notch in the FFB, and the area outside of the soft stops has more resistance
    5. Switch to branch releasecandidate or None (version 1.4.6.1.2267.AVX)
    6. Launch AMS2, calibrate wheel, calibrate pedals
    7. Bug: The soft stop notch as in Step #4 is no longer felt in the FFB
      1. Revert to branch previousbuild while keeping the upgraded Documents folder, then launching AMS2: Bug is still there!
      2. Staying on branch releasecandidate, deleting the Documents\Automobilista 2 folder, then launching AMS2: Bug is still there
    AMS2 Beta build 2266 does not have this bug

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Jup, take a look in that posts;)
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...officially-released.30136/page-21#post-226441
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...officially-released.30136/page-21#post-226481

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Missing lockstop issue is known (just so you know).

• Like Like x 4
  7. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ginetta G40 cup has no idle noise or start up sounds

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Track & Layout Used: ANY TRACK
    Car Used
    : All GT3 cars
    Applicable Settings: setup stock
    Report: Onboard TC is still not functioning, either on my CSL DD or button box. Onboard ABS works though

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: ANY TRACK
    Car Used: F-US G3 Reynard cars
    Applicable Settings: -
    Report: "baby" wings are missing at the nose. But from onboard views they are visible...
    This is for ALL G3 Reynards, if normal or speedway aero configuration
    ss135151.jpg
    Image1.jpg Image2.jpg

10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: Lastest Release
    Track & Layout Used: Jerez 1988
    Car Used: Gen 4 Fomula 1
    Applicable Settings: Tested with Max graphics settings
    Report: Car disappear from the rear view mirrors at different points around the track.

11. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Version: v1.4.6.1
    Track & Layout Used: Long beach
    Car Used: GT4 class and Sigma P1
    Applicable Settings: Online lobby with over 20 drivers most of them local to each other. Rolling start and manual start.
    Report: Multiple problems when we tried to start the race both with a rolling start set up by the game and a manual formation lap...

Attempt 1 - 30 min qualy 45+1 lap race

There was 2 drops into cars, the first 16 took off before the rest of the field when everyone had readied up... The rest were allowed into their cars when the timer reached 0... 6 or more drivers got penalties so a new lobby was created...

Attempt 2 - 5 min practice 45+1 lap race

One driver lost their wheel just as we hit the 2 minute marker on the new practice session and tried to recalibrate and reset the profile but nothing worked in time... Then as we moved to the race 2 others had issues as well as half the field being ghosted... Some reported no lights as we went green to start our manual formation lap, 2 drivers got a stop and go penalty... It took half a lap before the field was solid for many of us...

There were 2 others that suffered from being kicked from the race during the race... Neither dropped from discord and one of them reported a full freeze of the screen as I drove through them over the start finish line...

There was a live stream of the race
    Twitch

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  12. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.4.6.1
    Track & Layout Used: Bathurst 1983
    Car Used: Porsche RSR-74 from GT Classics
    Applicable Settings: Custom skins
    Report: Driver model is not visible

13. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Bathurst 1983
    Car Used: Porsche RSR-74 from GT Classics
    Applicable Settings: Happened online, did not try offline
    Report: Gear ratio settings got bugged visibly, number on the screen being locked up in a value even if it could be changed. Resetting to defaults didn't work. Exiting and entering the setup screen didn't either. I had no option but to quit lobby and rejoin and then it was working again, but as I had been clicking like mad, ratios were all over the place obviously. Reset to defaults again and could tweak the values with no issues.

14. Flo Renz

Flo Renz Member

Track & Layout Used: Watkins Glenn GP Layout
    Car Used: Nissan R89C
    Applicable Settings: Single Race
    Report: Right after my first pitstop the car was going around 15 km/h slower on the main straight than before. My suspect is that the boost pressure had reset itself to default value (I ran it 6% higher than default at the start)

15. John Hart12

John Hart12 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Montreal Historic 1988
    Car Used: Formula Retro Gen 3
    Applicable Settings: Custom Championship
    Report: Rain in qualifying, race is dry. AI cars start with wet weather tyres and pit on first lap.

16. 0ct0

0ct0 Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: I'm running AMS2 on a AMD system 5800x and 6900xt I have just noticed that AMS2 no longer runs in AVX.

I have tried repair and also delete re-download and it still run on AVX running the AXV exe just switches to non AVX version. my friend reports hi intel system is still working fine on the same version.

Just Checked Project Cars2 still runs AVX so it's the latest AMS2 build

* Did a rebuild with Win10 Pro and AVX is now working - something obviously went wrong with my W11 install - strange that AVX benchmarks and Project Cars on the same game engine worked ok tho.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  17. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

what is AVX vs non AVX? Which ones are we supposed to use?

18. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: Current March RC, but Issues present since a few months, simply was too lazy to report it before
    Track & Layout Used: Nordschleife, at least also the 24h Layout
    Car Used: Any Tintop
    Applicable Settings: ?
    Report:

1) some weird transparent object on Nordschleife (corner should be "Kallenhard"?)
    2) flickering / shaking VR image starting around after corner "Wehrseifen", lasting for a couple of corners
    3) random stuttering, can happen at any track / car comb, not only Nords

more informations I've written down in here and also posted some picture and video footage of it:
    VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

19. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Track & Layout Used: Bathurst 1983, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, VIR and others
    Car Used: Porsche RSR, GT4, GTE, Sigma P1 and others
    Applicable Settings: Cannot nail down anything that would apply...
    Report: FFB has many issues...

There's been a lot of my fellow competitors suffer from FFB problems since this latest patch was released...

Some have lost all of the wheel calibration as they joined the server, I've experienced this... The only way to fix it was exit the game and reset the control profile by switching to another and then back... Some have reported having to recalibrate after this...

Others have had their inputs lock for long periods of time leaving their cars as unguided missiles for that period of time... I have experienced this in a test day others have experienced it during online races...

Some have lost all FFB but were still in control of their cars at all times, the only way it came back were if they were to exit the session and restart the game, which during a race they couldn't do... It's completely random as to when this will happen as well in my last race (which has a further report on it above) where one lost their feedback at the start of the race and another on the final lap...

Here's another drivers description of their events from a 45 minute race at Long Beach in a GT4...

Another issue is that it seems to not register multiple inputs properly... So if I was to shift at the same time as I needed to use DRS or p2p it wouldn't work... And sometimes I get double shifts... This has been something that has been going on since the December release but I put it off to something with my set up despite not experiencing it elsewhere... Others on different equipment have reported the same behaviour...

It doesn't seem connected with the wheel bases either as I'm on a Thrustmaster with some others on different wheel bases from them, a few more Fanatec reports including 2 CSL DDs as well as a Fanalabs and a Moza... These are all that I could remember since this patch was released, I am sure there was more and I wrote them off as personal hardware issues... Which they may have done themselves...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  20. 0ct0

0ct0 Member

in the menu bottom right it tells you the version if it has AVX a the end it used the CPU's AVX instruction set to speed computation up like Physics

Could somebody with AMD CPU please check to see if your main menu release number shows AVX at the end.

e.g. "1.4.6.1.2267.AVX"

• Informative Informative x 1