1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@VFX Pro Yeah, displays during replays are simplified and it seems they are even more when watching other players, nothing that I can do, engine limitation

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track: Watkins Glen
    Online lobby
    Setting 2 track cut warnings before penalty

No track limits being enforced .
    Time trial track limit turn one is right on the curb
    Online lobby you can run right up to fence fence with no warning.

Doesn’t seem to be any track limits being applied on any of the corners

3. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Azure Circuit.
    Car Used: DTM Classics (any car apply).
    Applicable Settings: No one.
    Report: Track cutting detection at the chicane is too lenient, you can drive by the right side of the yellow sausage, cutting most of the chicane and no cut will be detected.
    Steps to reproduce: drive any car at Azure Circuit with track cut penalties enabled.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. RedDrive

RedDrive New Member

Version: 1.4.6.4
    Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: Formula Classic Gen 4
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Custom liveries still make the driver disappear. This also happens for other cars such as the M1 Procar, the 1988 Formula cars etc. This has not been fixed for four months now.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
  5. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

I'm beginning to find little simulation in people using 28 of steering lock with the F Ultimate Gen2 in time trial mode :mad:... At least that's something we weren't used to in ams1.

6. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Formula Inter
    Applicable Settings: Suspension Setting Display: Unit/Rates
    Report: When in the pit menu you can change the suspension settings on ARB, Springs, Dampers if using Units ( only by one value); you can't change any of these settings if using Rates.
    Steps to reproduce: Adjust suspension setting display in Gameplay menu from Rates to Units.
    20230329151329_1.jpg 20230329151447_1.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Track & Layout Used: N\A
    Car Used: N\A
    Applicable Settings: N\A
    Report: got disconnected in LAP one in a MP ranked session. Lost 30 point ... this become ridiculous. Mice cursor dissapears .. only way to get out is the ENTER key.
    After being back on the menu the HUD stays displayed in the VR helmet until you actually join an another session
    Steps to reproduce: drive any car in any track on VR and get disconnected in lap 1 .. You will be granted by a steal of 30 point and get the VR hud stucks with values when you have been ejected
    upload_2023-3-29_16-55-37.png

8. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree... the points system should consider if you have been "disconnected". This happens to me twice in the last 24 hours.

9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Red Bull Austria 1974
    Car Used: Any Formula Retro Gen 3 (braham T52 and McLaren)
    Applicable Settings: Auto Clutch
    Steps to reproduce: Try shift... auto-clutch won't kick in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Not reproducible. Which game mode was it happening?

Please also make a screenshot of your controls settings and driving aid settings if possible.

11. jussis

jussis Member AMS2 Club Member

I recently bought separete sequential shifter. In order to get it working I had to change from Fanatec CSL DD profile to custom wheel profile. However when using custom profile I cannot map ICM controls to WRC wheel's 4-way direction pad. When using default Fanatec profile these are automatically mapped to pad.

12. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: McLaren Senna, F-Retro Gen3(BT52, DFY, Turbo)......etc.
    Report: In VR mode, the 'eyes' of several cars are incorrectly positioned, which is a bit behind the correct position, causing me to see the manikin without a human head. (The list above is just what I encountered during my trip today, and there are actually many more)

13. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Bathurst 1983
    Car Used: All
    Applicable Settings: VR, max settings (Ultra all)
    Report: The 3D player models on the side of the road are shown in "half body", only their legs are visible until you get REALLY close to them. At around a 100 meters the animated 3D player models(the guys standing on the side of the roads with the camera etc.) at the side of the road get fully shown but further away; their bodies are shown half.

This happens with all 3D camera models in the track. The "sprites" don't have this level of detail pop-in issue.

The 3D models should be replaced for sprites or they should be fully shown from a distance of 500 meters or something (in VR you could see really far, I guess that the track designer is a person without VR).

It's shown in 3 stages:
    - Only legs (I guess at 250 meters+)
    - Legs + body (I guess around 150 meters)
    - Legs + body + head (complete) from around 100 meters.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  14. TurboHenk

Track & Layout Used: Bathurst 1983
    Applicable Settings: VR, max settings (Ultra all)
    Report: The huge "Re-Po Hi-Tech CARE CAR" road sign at the top of the mountain (last corner, just before you drive down), gives HUGE flickering in VR as so many objects do on many tracks. But the flickering of this road side advertisement is really massive. It only happens in VR and it completely ruins the immersion.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Track & Layout Used: All
    Applicable Settings: Controls - Thrustmaster TX F1 Advanced and FFB Default+ on a TC-PC RACER
    Report: Since this wheel was reinstated, as there was a period when it didn't work at all I think in December, there has been a weird glitch that I haven't been able to nail down and it doesn't happen in other sims... Others with the same wheel base have reported similar issues in recent weeks so it is more than my set up...

There are times when it works perfectly for long races and long nights at the wheel... And there's there's times when it's temperamental... It will give me double shifts both up and down and sometimes it'll not shift at all, especially if I've pressed another button or have the wheel turning... Then it will randomly press a bunch of buttons including the pit speed limiter, wiper, HUD and ICM buttons... Causing me to reset things whilst on track and get the limiter off...

I've done about everything besides a complete reinstall of AMS2 which will be my next move... I've deleted the control file and the issue came back in the first session of use after that... I've moved the wheel to a rear USB port to see if that would help, and I've also taken the rim off and given everything a good clean...

16. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Track & Layout Used : all
    Applicable Settings: VR but seems not revelant, ghost on qual, MP
    Report: during qualification some others players are ghost some not. Impossible to distinguish one from the other before it is too late when you aren't at the almost same speed. Had at the same time one ghost and one non-ghost in front on me at one point ( imola, GT3). This is frustrating for both when a hit occur. Is it a bug or a non well understood feature ? Thanks you

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

A lot of the time this will happen because the game doesn't load the cars until the player returns to the pits... In gmotor engines you get the big yellow block... In AMS2 you get a ghost for a car that was out on track when you joined the server and they don't see you...

18. TurboHenk

I have an advice for Reiza regarding this bug (MAJOR bug in multiplayer indeed ! ):
    I recommend to put a sign on top of the car with "GHOST" (above the player name sign for example) instead of making the car transparant in the last few meters...

In that case you could:

1. see it who is a ghostcar from a distance so no avoidable crashes happen anymore at quali (since you almost expect that cars are "ghosts" but sometimes they are not) and
    2. the ugly looking "ghosting" cars are gone.

19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper New Member

Version: 1.4.6.4.2270.AVX
    Car Used: Formula Classic Gen4 Model1 (643)
    Report: Driver 3D model is mis-positioned. It's set too forward, so hands are behind wheel and suit collar is visible on default cockpit cam.
    Steps to reproduce: Just start a session with the Formula Classic Gen4 Model1. Also applies for AI cars.
    fcG4M1_driver_pos.jpg fcG4M1_driver_pos_2.jpg

Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Single Race with custom driver position
    Report: After a Single Race is set with a custom grid position, this position will later revert to "1" if a Test Day session is started.
    Steps to reproduce: Under Single Race set a custom race without practice/qualy, under opponent settings set opponents number to 19 and Specific Grid Position to 16th. Start race to confirm it applied. Exit, then start a Test day session with any settings. Go back to Single Race menu and check opponent settings. Custom position will revert to 1.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  20. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

Version: 1.4.6.4.2270.AVX
    Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch & Nurburgring Combined (24H layout)
    Car Used: Formula Classic Gen 4 Model 1
    Applicable Settings: Switch to driver's POV view - 2 views both display the exact same issue.
    Report: Driver model is not positioned properly.
    The driver's hands are "behind" the steering wheel and the hands are clipping with the car's dashboard and wheel. Refer to attached screenshot.

I haven't driven this car in a quite a while, so I'm not sure exactly when this issue started.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1