1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Ok I see, thanks . Error msg is misleading.

Lobby is full of Them... Almost annoying then.
    I Will see if There is a way to Filter Them out.

If whitelisted lobbies aren't possible to be sorted out this become one more irritant than the 2 min remains open lobbies you cannot join neither and you have to go back and for to find one you can finally join.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Nick Conner

Nick Conner New Member

Hi,
    Can anyone help me I am sure I have overlooked a setting, When I am in an online race I keep getting the chat box populated by "sorry my Bad" :) when I hit the button on my wheel that turns on the headlights, I always race in VR so actually the pushing of a wheel button to give generic replies would be great if I only new where to find it. I assume there is some kind of quick preset reply to chat messages but I cant for the life of me find how and where to alter it. I obviously have to re map the button to stop the "sorry my Bad" from keep being posted. The only setting related to this is to bring up the chat box setting which is default at Ctrl T. Any help would be much appreciated, otherwise at the end of every race I will just keep answering "sorry my Bad" :):):):).

3. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Not sure it is the best place to place this - There is a section for help.

It sounds like a macro from Crew chief or other thirth party software that is map on your wheel button

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nick Conner

Nick Conner New Member

Aha !! crew chief, thanks mate will look into that later

5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

LOTUS 23 is missing the driver when using a custom livery.
    20230507152213_1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Build: 1.4.7.2
    Car: Formula Classic Gen 4 Model 2
    Report: Front wing placement in cockpit view is back too far placing it in the suspension. For some reason the replay/chase view is accurate, but the cockpit view (especially in VR) is wrong.

7. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

This applies to any Custom Championship with Race 1 and Race 2 active, I believe...

Currently, you can set the start time of Race 2 to be earlier than that of Race 1, despite the two sharing the same date and, of course, bearing in mind that Race 2 takes place after Race 1. A very minor 'bug' if you will, but just thought to mention.

8. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Game version: V1.4.7.2.2285.AVX
    Report: Custom championship point system list has two unnamed entries.
    [​IMG]

9. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Game version: V1.4.7.2.2285.AVX
    Report: Custom championship creator. When you have renamed the custom championship you are editing, the "Select track" screen still shows the original name.

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Game is still saving replays without being asked for

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

There are cars where player can choose between different compounds.
    In the UI, where you select the car, it says soft, medium and hard.
    But when you are going to select your tyres within the setup screen, they are called slick d, slick c and slick b.
    This is a bit confusing and player has to find out which tyres are the soft ones himself.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

I also find it confusing. Someone to confirm what I imagine it to be:
    D - Soft
    C - Medium
    B - Hard

Thanks

13. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I agree, i mean it would be fine to keep them written that way but for the love of all that is Holy, at least they should add in brackets as to what is what. For the ACR you also have ZZR and ZZS ... how the hell is anyone supposed to know what that means without doing extra google search outside of the game ? Should say "ZZS - Wet and dry conditions" and "ZZR - Dry weather orientated)"

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Build: 1.4.7.2.2285
    Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: starting TT or Test day
    Report: the car is in the air and bouncing up and down damaging itself when hitting the grond

20230510140506_1.jpg

Solved: It was car-setup related, after resetting problem solved (I didn't investigate what settings was causing this)

Last edited: May 10, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 3
  15. agdownie

agdownie New Member

Track & Layout Used: Azure Circuit
    Car Used: Ginetta G55 GT4 (but probably any car)
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Shortcuts at chicanes. Chicane track limits don't match the circuit layout and can be exploited to reduce lap times by up to two seconds compared with correctly driven laps.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive slightly to the right of the yellow sausage kerb (i.e. all 4 wheels off the track) at Nouvelle Chicane and similarly slightly to the left of the sausage kerb at the exit chicane of the Swimming Pool Complex. For evidence, the current Time Trial record holder for this combination (DudekThePole) can be seen to be cutting these corners in their ghost lap.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Formula Classic Gen2 Model3
    Track & Layout Used: Virginia Grand (probably works for other layouts, maybe also other tracks altogether)
    Applicable Settings: warm Slick D tires (please check other compounds)
    :It is possible to temporarily exceed pit speed limiter when finishing the pit stop. From standstill, flooring the gas and reaching the limiter speed causes the engine RPM to bounce ever so slightly over the imposed speed limit to get a penalty.

17. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Happened again. Needed to clean reinstall in order to fix cars misbehavior (Happened before the last big physics update)

Late last week, my PC gone kaputz and I needed to format the system directory (the C drive). AMS2, as most the Steam games in my PC, were installed at D drive.

As I just needed to format the C drive, the Steam was reinstalled to use the games that already have being previously installed in order to save time. The Steam automatically found the game and, over that, the "files check" was executed just in case.

The game run AOk just missing my previous profile and configs that were stored in the doc directory (BTW: This is something that Reiza could try to fix, since this profile lost is both an annoyance to us who developed it for long gaming hours and because it can open a sploit for people to cheat at multiplayer). Things were working fine UNTIL I tested some cars that had physics problems at that time, as the Brabham BT46B, the Lotus 79 and the F-Vintage G2M2 (some other cars had back in that older update, as the FV10G2, but didn't tested it now). These cars experienced severe understeer... even with my steering wheel being perfectly configured (as all the ingame settings, that I don't need to change too much to be working as it should) and trying to do some big car setups (that simply don't do much).

As I remembered that the game behaved exactly like that in the mentioned update, decided to complete reinstall it (deleting both game and doc directories)... and it worked again!

I can't understand why this happens. Can't be the files don't being replaced at the update (as happens with some other games) because my copy was already updated (with the last week's current version, that I believe that is the actual running version). Them, what I can think is that it may be some anti-piracy defense in the game engine that is mistaking some files and making the game behave oddly (as happens with a lot of games as a way to punish piracy) even if I'm not playing the pirate copy. Probably it's something more simple... but as I don't know the engine or how the Steam really work with all that stuff, can't tell exactly.

Well... it's all fine now, but I believe that in the future, with a big update coming, there is the possibility that some of us may have to clean reinstall it all over again. And only Lord knows how many of the players that are complaining about AMS2 physics are playing a "corrupted installation" and pushing forward all the game's actual bad rep.

Abração!

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  18. Pifou28

Pifou28 New Member

pb roues avant.PNG Track & Layout Used: all
    Car Used: all
    Applicable Settings: video replay and external view in game
    Report: front wheels are always fixed in curves ( we can not see the front wheels rotating when turning in any curve...)
    Steps to reproduce: replay video from any session

19. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Track & Layout Used:Hockenheim National
    Car Used: Alpine A110 GT4 (Mod car)
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Clear - Default date
    Report: Apparently, there is invisible bump on the track
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the car and try to follow the lines as per the demonstration video.

20. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

Track and Layout Used: Laguna Seca (only layout as of May 2023)
    Car: F-USA Gen 3
    Settings: 30 Lap race, random weather (clear 26 celsius), rolling start, 21 AI opponents
    Report: Draconian speed and track limit detection
    Steps to Reproduce: At start, was given multiple warnings for driving too fast, had to ride brakes to let AI cars keep up, penalty at start for accelerating at same speed as AI

-Touching the white and teal area on inside of t1 will result in a track limit violation, even if only touching with front left tire.