1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

On the Hockenheim Historic circuits(1988 and prior), there’re no trackside replay cameras covering the first and second(Ostkurve) chicanes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg modern
    Applicable Settings: Steam VR
    Report: When you come out of the first corner, then the second advertising board over the track has 3 flickering Fanatec logos . For some reason the second from left Fanatec logo does not flicker (highlighted in green), but the other 3 do flicker (highlighted in red). Please see the attached image
    Steps to reproduce: Drive a car
    I recommend what ever you've done with the second from left Fanatec logo, use the same method for the other three logos as well
    Spielberg.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dolph

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg historic
    Applicable Settings: Steam VR
    Report: When you come out of the Bosch Kurve, then you are looking for your marker that is the 100 meter board on the right hand side. However, the 100 meter board is not displayed and suddenly pops into existence. It is very jarring because you are looking and waiting exactly for that and then it magically appears. See the attached image as well, where the marker is highlighted in red.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive a car. I drive in Steam VR.
    Spielberg2.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

This is still an issue on current version. ss170232.jpg

5. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Only the showroom view is affected. The file which determines the position of the wheels is only visual there (and obviously a little wrong), whereas on the track it is another file which determines it and which affects the physics. And this one is good:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used: Porsche 911 GT1
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Odd damage model for the front hood
    Steps to reproduce: In big crashes that should rip the hood off (as it does in other gt1 cars) the 911 GT1 hood only get the damage decals, and start opening, even on crashes that are strong enough to rip off the wheels, only if you have another strong crash after the hood got "open" and it's quite loose on the front that it does fly off, there's like a two stage for the damage, and the front of the car seems to be a bit tougher than it should (at least comparing to other gt1 cars)

7. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Monza 1990
    Car Used: Formula Retro Gen 2 - BT 49
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Cannot adjust mirrors vertically.

@robillard3381
    Should we keep reporting each car with mirrors that can't be adjusted or is this being investigated across all cars? I don't want to keep creating reports if we don't have to.

Same goes for many dashboard instruments (needles) that don't move for certain cars.

Last edited: May 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I want to add: This happens at almost EVERY track to some texture/road advertisement/track object(almost always a THIN object).

You made a very good clear example, but there is almost no track in AMS2 where there is not some advertising board that is flickering. It's an immersion breaking VR bug and it should and could be fixed by one on one basis (driving on each track in VR, looking for it and fixing it->next, repeat->until all is done).

9. Dolph

I agree.

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I didn't see that you mentioned me. It's not me who takes care of the mirrors, but for the dashboards it would be good if you collect as much information as possible, that you make a list because I can't test everything by myself to see if everything works. Whereas with a list, at least I have all the information and I can fix it all!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bug for the Porsche 962 Low Downforce damage model

the hood does not fall off in strong collisions

12. Maciej

Maciej New Member

Track & Layout Used: any track
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: When I race with any open wheeler my car's engine is really quiet - on the contrary other cars sound and wind blow are really loud - so much that i cant hear my car's engine when I follow another car. Also got problems with engine sound in Porshe 911 GT3, it looks like it is much more quiet than other GT3 cars
    Steps to reproduce: drive any open wheeler on any track, or 911 GT3 for that matter.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Version: v1.4.7.2
    Track & Layout Used: Indianapolis oval
    Car Used: CART gens 1-3
    Applicable Settings: 120 skill
    Report: Custom AI files are broken, they do not represent the speed skills of the drivers as their pace is all over the place and they are maddeningly slower than they were months ago in the races compared to qualifying...

I was 0.3s faster in qualy... Then over 1.5 seconds in the race...

There's also a train that forms that the AI never try to pass on the car in front with...

Steps to reproduce: Use a custom AI file with any of the CART gens at Indy and find out for yourselves... I've been using the ones that come with the skinpacks from RD...

Last edited: May 25, 2023
  14. Scar666

So I figured this out... It's the management settings... Fuel specifically but having tyres as well made them a race... I don't know if they'll be good on longer stints but at least they aren't massively slower now...

Setting it to really low values, IE 0.02 they actually try occasionally to overtake and actually get a benefit vs the player in the draft... Before I could literally just pull out of the draft from T2 or T4 and drive right past most of the train... At least 12 spots each straight...

15. Dolph

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dolph

Track & Layout Used: Azure circuit
    Car Used: DTM Mercedes or another one
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer rolling start with two cars. Damage enabled on medium level
    Report: The car on the right starts with full visual damage when viewed from the other car. However, there is no damage that affect handling and the damage does not show for the player in the car.
    Steps to reproduce: I believe this does not happen every time, but seemed to happen every other time.

17. Scar666

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Dedicated server vs p2p lobby
    Report: I race with several of the same people across multiple leagues and have found this disturbing trend.

Racing against p2p against the same driver vs racing them on a dedicated located outside of the country leads to massive ping differences...

Same driver located in the same country
    ~55ms - p2p lobby
    ~120ms Dedicated server located in the same country
    ~550ms Dedicated server located outside of the same country

This happens to every driver from the same country...

Steps to reproduce: Try out the 3 different types of MP with the same driver from the same country as you...

18. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

upload_2023-5-29_10-48-13.png
    this on steam forum

Attached Files:

19. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

The replay system and interface is abysmal. Buttons that rewind / pause / fast-forward the replay stop working if you switch to another car - you have to hover over the camera options for the functions to work again.

Also no option to switch between laps absolutely ruins the day for people who organize leagues because it takes FOREVER to find a specific moment in a 45 minute and longer race.

The replay system needs serious work, as soon as possible.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That problem of mouse cursor not focusing on objects and buttons and having to go over other settings for it to come back again, is not a problem of just the replay screen. Basically every menu of the game has this issue, and it's infuriating.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1